Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter thirty three

Part thirty three:

"How did you manage to get her in there? Picking up is quite hard to do.. I think, with that kind of thing on your leg. " Bam said once I had situated myself on the couch. I shook my head. "Nah.. it hurt for a sec.. but I couldn’t just sit out there with her the whole time. Besides, she looked really scared. He looked worried. "You could just have woken any of us up. You shouldn’t do that. It would only damage your ankle more.. " He said sitting down next to me. I shrugged. "Ah.. it happened. She’s too cute not to help.. I didn’t want to wake anyone up this early.. " He chuckled. "Yeah, she is cute.. but why were you up this early? " I shrugged again. "Couldn’t sleep, my leg hurts like a bitch.. " He looked as if he was debating something in his head. He cracked a smile. "And here I thought you were just nervous for your oh so cool party of tonight! " I laughed. "Yeah.. that too.. " I stuck out my tongue. Bam stood up. I’ll get you something for that pain in your leg. We have some painkillers. He left to go to the kitchen. I couldn’t help but smile. He was only in boxers. He did have a nice ass.. *Bad Hell, bad!, dirty thoughts! He’s a friend!* He came back and gave them to me with a glass of water. I swallowed them. I saw Bam looking at me from the corner of my eyes. I gulped the last down and sighed. "What? " I said with a smile. He shook his head. "Nah, forget it.. is it ok if I go to bed for a little while? " I laughed. "Of course it is.. Don’t have to ask me for permission! I’ll just read something.. " I smiled and picked up the nearest magazine. Bam grinned and pointed to the cover. I turned it and saw that it had him on the cover. I rolled my eyes. "Mister ego.. You just go to sleep huh?" I said swatting him away. He chuckled and left to go to bed again.

I sat in my wheelchair with Ava on my lap. We were out on the deck again, watching Glomb build a stage for tonight. Kelly and Ava were going to stay in April and Phil’s house for the night. They didn’t really want Ava to witness al this. I sat enjoying the sun, and playing with Ava when Kelly approached me. "I heard about your save this morning.. Thanks.. Did she really crawl out on her own? I should check the door when I close it.. " She muttered to herself. I smiled. "Yah.. it was nothing.. she wasn’t any trouble. " Kelly smiled. "What did you sing? " I raised an eyebrow at her. "Yeah, Jess said you sang something.. he said it sounded good. I haven’t been able to find a lullaby to help her get to sleep.. what did you sing? " She asked again. I laughed and looked at Ava. She almost seemed to look at me pleadingly. I started singing again. First humming the tune, but the words soon followed. Ava listened carefully. Her eyes glowing with pleasure. April and Bam came out too. Jess followed. This time, I finished the whole song before I looked up at the crowd that had gathered around me. They pointed to my lap. Ava had fallen asleep again. Kelly stood dumbstruck. "You really have to teach me that one.. " She whispered, picking Ava up off my lap. I smiled and nodded. April smiled widely. "I didn’t know you could sing like that! " She said giving my upper arm a little slap. I laughed. "It’s not that great.. like I told the boys when they caught me singing a while ago, it’s mostly in the shower.. I have an okay voice.. " I said with a smile. "Sounded great to me.. " April muttered before walking in again. I smiled and looked out over the deck. Bam walked beside me and yelled at glomb to hurry up. I chuckled when he gave him the finger. Bam merely shrugged and grinned at me. "He’ll pick up the pace though.. or else there will be hell to pay.. " He said with an even wider grin. I rolled my eyes. "Don’t you get tired of that joke? " He happily shook his head. "Nope! "

The night quickly came. Kelly helped me get into something more fancy before she left with Ava. Bam rolled me out to the deck. "My honour spot" For the evening. I gasped when I saw the backyard. It was completely lit with torches and some lights here and there. It looked so cool! There were busloads of people, all dancing to the music. Bam smiled. I have to go down for a sec, but I’ll join you up here later okay? I smiled. "Bam.. thanks.. You can stay down if you want.. No need for you to miss the party. " He merely shrugged and walked down. I saw him walk towards the stage. "Listen up fuckers!! " He yelled. I rolled my eyes. "This was supposed to be a party in honour of my friend Hell, but sadly.. she broke her ankle.. so she can’t participate in all this fun. Wave at Hell people!! " He said pointing up at me. I blushed a deep red and gave Bam the finger. He chuckled and continued his story. "Well.. after a little research.. I found out one of Hell’s favourite bands was in the neighbourhood. And they happen to be friends of mine! " He said cockily. I raised my eyebrows and saw him grin. "Lets hear it you little jerks! Give it up for ATREYU!!! " My eyes went wide. I absolutely loved Atreyu. Oooh I wish I could mosh right now.. Bam walked down the stairs and the band took over the stage. Alex grabbed the mic and started talking. "Well, as you know this is in honour of Hell, as she bought a new house, here in west chester.. We’d like to start with the following song, this one is for you Hell! " He said smiling up at me. I smiled back.. I couldn’t believe it. "Shot trough the heart, and you’re to blame.. " I immediately recognized the song. You give love a bad name. The cover they did from Bon Jovi. "Darling you give love a bad name.. " My eyes glistened. "FUCK YEAAHHH! " I screamed along with Alex, holding up both hands as the rock sign. Alex saw and smiled. He did it back to me. I continued singing with him. I knew the lyrics by heart. What I didn’t know was, that Bam had snuck up with another microphone. I was swinging in my wheelchair and singing along. I stopped as soon as I realized that I also heard my own voice over the speakers. I looked behind me and found Bam, grinning with a mic in his hand. My eyes went wide. "You’re not going to tell me you’re stopping now are you!? " Alex shouted from the stage. "HELL, HELL, HELL! " He started chanting. The crowd went with it. With a deep red on my cheeks I snatched the mic from a wide grinning Bam. The band continued playing and alex and I finished the song. I quickly handed the thing back to Bam as Alex laughed and continued with the next songs.

The night went on. After Atreyu finished their set, they left again. Their tour wasn’t over yet. But they all signed my cast. I would definitely hold on to that one.. The guys were being great friends and got drunk on deck, to keep me company.. I was enjoying myself a lot.. Our laughs were interrupted by Bam’s voice coming over the speakers once again. "Well, as you probably already had guessed, this isn’t a party at my place, if there isn’t a little HIM!!! " He shouted. He wobbled of stage.. he drank quite a lot by now. Ville and the guys took the stage. "Hello my darlings. I’d like to start out with a request.. Since my colleague singers, Atreyu, have had the honour to sing with Hell, I’d like to do the same.. Can’t stay behind now can I? " he said grinning up to me. I didn’t know what hit me. Before I knew it, the mic was shoved in front of me again. "What do you suggest miss Duquette? " Ville said tauntingly. I bit my tongue. "What about wings of a butterfly mister Valo? Would that cater your needs? " He chuckled. "Perfectly fine with me.. " The music started and we both sang our hearts out. I had to admit, this felt really good.

After HIM’s set, the party died down for the most part. We just continued on the deck. "April.. could you help me inside? I’m kind of tired.. " I confessed to her. I didn’t drink, the doctor had forbid me to do that. She smiled. "Sure.. let’s go.. " Bam jumped between her and me. "Nonsense! Let me do that! " He said swatting his mother away. I looked at her pleadingly. I wasn’t really feeling all that safe in drunken Bam’s arms. April slapped his arm several times. He stopped trying to pick me up. "Look Bam! Novak is nailed to the deck! " I said pointing to the other side of the deck. He immediately ran over there. Not seeing that it was just an empty corner, and went looking for Novak. I chuckled and got inside, with help of April. "Thanks April.. " I smiled when she sat me down on my bed. "My pleasure sweetie, now I can go to bed too.. it’s late.. " I laughed and wished her goodnight. I managed to undress myself and stepped in bed. Ready for another night filled with insomnia and painful turns.

Surprisingly, I slept like a baby that night. I woke up even later than the guys the next morning. I think maybe I was a little nervous for the party last night. I hopped downstairs and saw everyone in the kitchen. "Wow.. ain’t drinking fun!? " I said with a soft chuckle. The guys just groaned and continued drinking their coffee.