Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter forty

Part forty:

It was now Monday. We were all at Bam’s house waiting for the buss to arrive. I was rocking on the balls of my feet, back and forth. Suddenly there were two arms around my shoulders. "Woman! If you don’t stop moving right now I swear I’ll shoot you! " Bam said sighing deeply. I grinned "Sorry.. I’m just nervous. But I never thought I’d live to see the day that you would tell me to calm down! " I said laughing. He flicked my ear. "Big deal, you’re annoying me, that’s all.. " I looked at him with one squinted eye.. "Yeah.. you keep telling yourself that.. You’re getting old boy, and you know it! " He laughed. "I’m only two years older than you, shut up! " I grinned and stuck out my tongue. He laughed and wrapped his arm around my waist again, he made a biting motion towards my tongue and I grinned.. I quickly put it back in my mouth again. He smirked. A loud honk was heard and the bus came driving towards us. I smiled. "Wow.. it’s really happening. " Bam tightened his grip on my waist a second before letting go. "You’ll be fine.. " He said with a smile before hoisting his baggage in the bus.

"I’m really impressed.. Where did you get the idea for the story? " I sat across from Ellen Degeneres. It was the second day of my tour. She was smiling at me and waiting for my answer. I could see the guys making funny faces behind the camera.. I took a deep breath and smiled. "I’ve always been a big fan of fantasy stories. Especially when I was little. After homework and if you had bad experiences, you could just sit back and forget reality.. It’s a cool place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live here.. " I said with a grin. She laughed. "Witty.. I like you! " I laughed. "Well good, that was my intention! " She smiled. "Well, like I said, I certainly enjoyed it, and I hope the audience will as well, they are all getting a signed copy home with them! " They cheered, including the guys behind the camera. I rolled my eyes. "Wow, I better prepare for hand cramps.. " I muttered. Ellen laughed. "You are my new best friend! Not afraid to speak your mind! " She pulled me towards her in a hug, my eyes went wide in surprise and I heard a few laughs from the guys and the audience. " I have another question.. " Ellen said after she released me. "Damn.. it’s starting to look like an interview.. " I said grinning. She just smiled and didn’t comment on my remark. "You are also guest starring in the show of your friend, Bam Margera.. how is life in his household..? " I laughed, knowing it was coming. "Hectic.. to say the least.. " I said with a laugh. "You can hardly call it a household anymore.. Let’s say Darwin’s theory of survival of the fittest really applies there! You have to be in damn good shape to get any food on your plate at dinner! Or else you’ll starve to death! " Ellen laughed heartedly. "Can’t say that sounds unconvincing.. " She said smiling. "Helena Duquette everybody.. The newest hit in the fantasy world and next big MTV star. Go buy her book, Ellen said so! " She said with a smile towards the camera. A guy behind it waved with his arm and she stood up. "Thanks for being here Helena, I truly enjoyed your book. " She said shaking my hand. I laughed. "yeah, you mentioned.. " She laughed with me. "Yeah, I tell every writer on my show I like their books, even if I hated them.. but you are one of the very few I actually liked! " I looked at her disbelievingly. "Yeah, if that had to convince me.. tough luck.. " She laughed. "I mean it.. good luck with your further writing, I hope to get you back here for your second book! " I nodded. "I hope so too.. " She walked off with a production assistent and I walked towards the guys. They all stood waiting for me with big grins. I rolled my eyes. "What guys? " They all shrugged. "Nothing.. you did good there! It’s just funny to be on a tour where it’s not about us.. " Novak said laughing. "Wow, ego much Novie? " He laughed it off. We walked towards the backroom where I had put my stuff. Bam’s arm once again was around my waist and I caught a few of the guys exchanging looks. I was just to busy enjoying the butterflies in my stomach to say anything of it.

"I just wanted to say thanks for writing it.. I really can’t wait for the next part, and.. you look really cool in the show! " A teenage girl said to me. I was sitting at a table in a bookstore in Pittsburgh. I looked up to thank her when a smile appeared on my face. "Hey.. Adrienne right? " She nodded with a smile and I quickly wrote something in her book. "You really liked it? " I asked her. A guard behind me tapped me on the shoulder, signalling the line was being held up. I never expected my book to do this good, but the line was immensely long. I nodded and motioned for her to sit beside me. She looked at me with big eyes. I laughed. "Well, sit down.. you heard the man! You can’t stay there! " She didn’t need telling twice, she sat down on the chair next to me and I started signing the other books that appeared in front of me. She carefully started talking again. "yeah, I think I’ve never liked a book so much before.. You write really catchy.. Just enough detail. " I smiled. "That’s great to hear.. But be honest.. there is always something you think can be better. Nothing is perfect in life. What do you think can be better about my book? " She looked surprised.. "I don’t know.. " she stuttered out.. I signed another book and quickly glanced at her.. "Seriously.. you can’t think my book is perfect. Be honest and think hard.. what do you think I should change in the second one? " She seemed to think on that one for a moment, while I signed some more books. "Maybe.. " She started. I smiled at her. "Tell me.. " I encouraged her. "A little more real life issues maybe.. All she seemed to have were supernatural.. She is a normal girl like you and me right? " She said looking at me from the corners of her eyes. I smiled. "See! Exactly what I was thinking. I already finished some of the chapters for the next book. I’ll definitely take that thought with me.. " I signed another book and quickly tapped her shoulder. "Thanks for saying that to me. I love feedback, because it helps me improve my writing. People who say it’s perfect.. are either lying to try and spare my feelings, or haven’t read it.. " I said dryly. She chuckled at my comment. "Okay.. I guess that makes sense.. " She said with a smile. "Oh.. I have to go.. my mom would pick me up at seven.. " She said looking at her watch. I sighed. "Wow, seven already.. no wonder my stomach is growling.. " She laughed. And waved at me. "Hey, hold on.. maybe you can write your e mail adress down somewhere? If you want, we can keep in touch.. " I said to her. She looked amazed.. "You’d really do that..? " I laughed. "Yeah, as long as you’d keep my adress to yourself.. I see no harm in staying in touch.. " She nodded eagerly. "Okay! " I laughed and gave her a notepad out of my bag. She quickly wrote something down and ran out of the store. Not before thanking me and saying goodbye. I smiled. For some reason, the girl reminded me of myself.. But that will be dealt with later.. first.. I need to finish signing these books and get me something to eat.. "Hi! What’s your name..! " I said to the next woman.

I sighed and fell down on the bed. "Damn.. that took you long! " Bam said from the other side of the room. The guys were all watching TV in my suite. I propped myself up on my elbows and smiled. "Yeah.. there were a lot more people than any of us had thought.. my book is doing great! " I let out a little squeal and fell back on the bed. I heard him chuckle. "You deserve it.. " He said a little softer. I closed my eyes for a sec before opening them again to the growling of my stomach. "Hey.. you guys left any food for me? " They all laughed. A unison NOPE was heard. I rolled my eyes. "Fine.. i’ll go out and get some.. " I groaned standing up. "Hell! " Bam yelled. I turned around. "Yes sir? " He rolled his eyes at me. "Ever heard of room service..? " I stood still for a sec, a light blush krept on my cheeks. "Oh.. right.. " The guys laughed at me while I made some calls for the delivery of my food.

"How.. in gods name do you stay that skinny! " The guys said amazed at the amount of food in front of me. Bam was eyeing some of my lasagne but I quickly swatted his hand away. "Beats me.. I honestly don’t care at this moment.. I haven’t eaten all day.. so I have to catch up.. " I said with a grin before digging into the plates. They all stood with wide eyes, watching me devour my meal. "Go do something! You’re making me uncomfortable! " I said with my mouth half full. That earned me quite a few raised eyebrows. I shrugged and continued eating. "So how do you feel Hell? " Bam said sitting next to me. "Going home again after tomorrow must be weird.. Told ya you would have a big fanbase in a while.. " I smiled. "Fine.. you where right.. that’s what you wanted to hear? " He smirked. "Yeah.. kinda.. " I rolled my eyes and flicked his nose. "Well, there.. your ego has had it’s boost for today.. " I said eating the last of my salad. He fake gasped and tickled me in my side. I squirmed to get away from him, but it was no use.