Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter forty seven

Part forty seven:

It’s been a while.. Bam’s getting more stressed by the day.. But it’s like he’s not willing to admit it.. I don’t know what to do anymore..

"So you’re not going to be here on his birthday? " I pouted. I was on the phone with Ville, they were recording again.. Bam’s birthday was in three days, and I’d love it if he could make it. "Sorry love, I can’t.. I’d love to.. but can’t.. " I sighed. "I know.. It sucks though.. on top of that. I don’t know what to give him. All he seems to want is work.. well, he’s got enough of that.. " Ville chuckled softly. "You’ll figure something out.. He’s stubborn, but I know he’ll listen to you. Just don’t make him take a spa day or something.. other than that, you’ll be okay I think. " I laughed. "Yeah.. I figured as much.. Bye Ville.. " "Bye love, goodluck.. Send Bam my best. " "Will do.. " I hung up and laid back on the bed Bam and I were sharing. He was out again, god knows what he’s up to know.. It’s hard to keep track nowadays. I’m really worried about him.. but he just doesn’t seem to let me worry.. Even April has made peace with it.. She’s just glad he’s keeping things in one piece for a change.. I just can’t ease my mind.. He’s working way to hard..

"Here we are sweety.. " Mom said helping me out of the car. I looked up at the giant trees before me. "Woooh.. " Was all I could bring out. I ran up to the log cabin as fast as my eight year old legs could carry me. "Mommy! There’s a sea! " My mom ran behind me, laughing. "That’s the lake hunny.. the sea is at the beach remember? " I made an O shape with my mouth. "Can I go swim? " She nodded. "Just wait for daddy, he’ll go with you.. " I sprinted inside, to get my bathingsuit.

"AHHH! " I screeched. "Daddy! Something’s after my feet! " My father laughed and lifted my kicking and flailing body on his shoulders. "That’s just moby.. He’s the fish that lives here.. He’s really nice" I looked down over my fathers curls, making my pigtails fall in his face. "So he doesn’t eat feet? " My father chuckled. "No, he doesn’t.. " His eyes shot up all of a sudden. "Oh! Hellie, look at that! " I looked up, the sun was bright orange and the sky around it was pink and yellow.. it was a beautiful sight. "Woooh.. " Was again all I could say. My father lifted me off his shoulders and threw me in the water, disturbing my peace. "Daddy!! " I yelled coming up for air.


I shot up. *Got it..*

After a lot of planning and calling around, I managed to pull things off. The guys were really curious as to what I was planning. Every time they asked, I simply smirked. I was beginning to feel like a second Bam. I was extremely proud of myself. His birthday was tomorrow, and I couldn’t wait. For one, he was sleeping at home tonight.. And two, I couldn’t wait for his reaction.
I sat at the bar, planning out some last minute things, as Bam came walking in. "Hey you, didn’t know you were staying here tonight.. " He said wrapping his arms around my waist. I quickly closed my notebook and leaned back on his shoulder. "Yeah? Well I could just go to my own house.. I don’t mind.. " I said looking at him with a playful smile. His grip tightened. "Ah, but I do mind.. " I laughed. "Good, I was kind of hoping for a reaction like that.. " I hopped of my stool, wiggling out of his arms and making my way to the poptart cabinet. That thing was born as soon as I joined in filming for the show.. I’m addicted to the stuff. "You know.. I like it how you call this place home.. and your place simply a house.. " Bam said coming up behind me again. He snatched my poptart before I could even take a bite. I blushed slightly. "Well it is.. " There’s not a lot waiting for me in my own house.. " He smiled. "Don’t blush.. I mean it, I like it. " I smiled and went to hug him. But before he could close his arms around me, I grabbed my poptart and made a run for it.

I woke up before Bam that next morning. I looked at the clock. Seven in the morning. *Good.. " I snuck out of bed and took a quick shower. After that, I packed a bag.. for Bam, to be precise.. Wondering what’s going on? Bet he will be too, in a few minutes. I brought the bag down and went back upstairs to wake him. I crawled on all fours, until I was right on top of him. I straddled him and made my hair tickle his face. His nose scrunched up and he shook his head a few times, the tickling never stopping. "You may weigh close to nothing, but I’ll still feel you sitting on top of me.. " He grumbled. "Don’t care how cute you are.. sleep is much needed.. "He tried to turn, to shake me off, but I placed my heels in his side. He grunted and opened his eyes. I smiled. "Good boy, happy birthday.. " I kissed him. He looked at me for a sec, before seeming to realise that it was his birthday. I chuckled. "Get up. " I said getting off him. "Huh? What? Why? It’s my birthday.. I should at least get to sleep in! " He whined. I laughed. "Fine, no present then.. " He was out of bed before the end of my sentence. I chuckled and pressed a pile of clothes into his hand. "Go take a shower, not longer than 20 minutes, meet me in the car when you’re done. " He eyed me suspiciously, but obliged. I smirked and skipped downstairs, explaining my plan to the guys, if they were up already.

"So, what amazing things await me? " Bam said stepping into the car. I laughed. "Not telling.. sorry hun. " I started the car and drove out. "I bet I could make you tell.. " He said grinning. I laughed again, at his childish face. "I bet I could kill us both, getting distracted from driving.. " His hand, which was inching towards my thigh, immediately returned to his former position. "Ah.. right.. "

I had him close his eyes for the last part of the ride. As soon as we stopped at the airport, he was whining like crazy. "Can I open them already!? " I sighed. "Fine, but only because walking will be tricky with your eyes closed. " His eyes shot open and his face turned into a frown. "The airport..? " He asked confused. I nodded and grabbed his bag out of the trunk. "Come on.. " I said pulling him along. He was completely confused, he didn’t even speak. "What are we doing here? " He asked once we were nearing his gate. Once in front of it, I handed him the bag. "Your going on a trip.. " Now he looked even more confused. I smiled slightly, but sighed. "Let me explain. Lately.. All you’ve done is work. And this would be different If it was a nine to five job.. But you are working 24/7.. I just think this is a welcome change. It’s just something I’ve noticed, try it. If it’s not for you, come back. I just think you need this.. Don’t feel obligated to anything, come back if you want. But please give it a chance.. " He seemed to understand a bit more now.. but still didn’t look thrilled. "And you’re staying here.. " He asked confused. I nodded and handed him the ticket. "Yeah.. I know it seems like a sucky birthday present.. but I think it’s best if you go alone.. Anything else can cause distraction.. " He chuckled sarcastically. "I’ve never been without distractoin.. it’s a part of my life.. " He softly tugged my sleeve. "I can’t Babe, I have a lot of things to do and-" I put my hand over his mouth. "No you don’t.. I took care of that.. You’re going.. and that’s final.. " I pushed him towards the gate and kissed him for the last time. "You know.. this is a weird way of showing me you love me.. " He tried again. I groaned. "Please just go.. Be serious about this for a change.. I just want you to relax a little.. That doesn’t mean I won’t miss you.. Now get.. " I gave him a final shove and watched him walk through the gate. His hole face stood on "thinking mode" I guess he did realise that something had to change.

~Bam’s POV~
I sat down in the chair the lady pointed out to me. This must have been the weirdest birthday present I’ve ever gotten. She’s sending me away.. I have been kind of busy lately, but isn’t this a bit drastic? I let my head fall backwards and sighed. Sometimes I forget how caring Hell can be.. like the time I was sick. I should just give this a try.. But I’m not promising anything.. I’m not a guy that does well in solitude..

After about a two hour flight, the pilot announced the landing. "We’re about to hit ground in Quebec, Canada. We hope you enjoyed your flight. "