Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 10

Alex stood in shock as he watched Hayley flee the scene. The girl he recognized from earlier ran after her. The others went up to Jack, who casted worried look towards Alex in between posing for pictures and signing tickets. Once the girls had left Jack furrowed his brows and took Alex’ hand.
“That was that Hayley girl, right?”
Alex entwined their fingers. “Yeah.”
Jack put his index finger under Alex’ chin and tilted his head up. Alex’ eyes met Jack’s. “Wanna talk about it?”
Alex bit his lip and realized that he had just kissed Jack Barakat and was already moping. He closed his eyes for a second and took a deep breath. “I don’t want to think about that right now. I’m with you and that’s all I should worry about.”
Jack nodded and gave him a teasing smile. “Yeah, who knows? I might kidnap you.”
Alex smiled back and winked. “I wouldn’t mind.”
Jack raised his brows. “Oh, really?” He began dragging Alex towards the tour bus. “Tell your family that I am demanding one million dollars, otherwise they won’t ever see your sweet face again.”
Alex happily obeyed and started moving his feet. “We don’t speak dollar here though.”
Jack rolled his eyes and unlocked the tour bus, they went inside. Jack closed the door behind them and turned on the lights. Alex eyed the messy interior, the bus really needed cleaning. He picked up a dirty old sock from the floor and showed it to Jack.
“Classy.”
Jack ignored him and went to the lounge area, he sat down and patted the space next to him. Alex shook his head. “I want to see your bunk.”
Jack smiled. “My bunk or my junk?”
Alex sighed at him. “Your bunk bed. I want to see where you spend your nights dreaming about me.”
Jack got up and went to the sleeping area, Alex followed. He stopped in front of a bunk and pulled away the drapes to reveal a bed with ravens pillows and an adventure time blanket. Alex giggled.
“You’re such a fangirl.”
Jack kicked off his shoes and laid on the bed. He dragged Alex down with him. “Says iliveforalltimelow.tumblr.com”
Alex blushed and buried his face in Jack’s neck. “Shut up, I deleted it.”
Jack chuckled. “No you didn’t, you just put a password on it.” Okay yeah, he was right. Alex couldn’t bring himself to delete his tumblr, he’d spent way too much time on it. “By the way, what is the password?”
Alex laughed, his password was “jack” and there was no way that he was going to tell him that. “Nice try, buddy.”
Jack shrugged and reached for a remote on the wall nightstand. “Wanna see a movie?”
Alex nodded and Jack clicked one of the buttons. A TV screen appeared from the bottom of the top bunk.
“Where are the others?”
Jack turned the TV on and logged into Netflix. “Out, I stayed in for you.”
Alex smiled and gave Jack a quick peck on the shoulder. “Thank.”
Jack kissed the top of Alex head. “Your tumblr is showing.”
Alex ignored him and took the remote, he wanted to see Peter Pan. He started the movie and snuggled closer to Jack. Then it dawned on him. He was lying in a bunk bed watching Peter Pan with Jack Barakat, famous rock star. But it didn’t feel like it. It felt like he was cuddling with Jack, his (almost maybe kind of) boyfriend. It didn’t feel exciting or breathtaking. It felt nice and homey. Like this was how it was supposed to be. Like lying in Jack’s arms watching Disney movies was the most natural thing in the world and that this was just another movie night. He felt Jack’s fingers ghost on his back. Maybe that’s how it was. He hoped that this would be the first of many movie nights in the bunk. He hoped that his back would be covered with invisible patterns from Jack’s slender fingers. He hoped that Jack would become home, because he damn felt like it already.
When it was no more than ten minutes left of the movie Alex felt his eyelids grow heavy. It had been a long day and his body ached for sleep. He didn’t want to fall asleep though, everything was too perfect. Alex had been afraid that Jack would push him into having sex with him, which Alex wasn’t ready for. But he hadn’t. He’d told a joke or two but he hadn’t even tried anything. They were hanging out, kissing occasionally, but not doing something that Alex wasn’t comfortable with. He never wanted him to leave.
He moved his head so he could look at Jack. “How long are you staying in town?”
Jack tore his eyes from the TV and met Alex’. “We have two days off before the next show, I’ll spend those days here with you.”
Alex smiled, two whole days with Jack.
“I thought you were leaving tomorrow.”
“We were, but I convinced the other guys to stay in this town on our days off. They’re not happy, but they agreed on it.”
Alex cleared his throat. “So, did you uhm- did you tell them?
Jack furrowed his brows. “I told them that I had an old friend here.” He took a deep breath. “I wanted to tell them the whole story, but I just couldn’t. You’re amazing Alex, and I wish I could show you to everyone, but I need time. This is all so new to me.”
Alex nodded, he understood. He really did. He had never expected Jack to tell anyone, ever.
Jack continued. “I really like you. I don’t want to screw this up by bringing other people in so early on.”
Alex felt his heart flutter. Jack talked about them as if they were in a relationship, as if they were boyfriends. Maybe they were. Alex sure hoped they were. “I really like you too.”
Jack bent down and gave him kiss. Alex accidentally broke it off by yawning into Jack’s mouth. Jack threw his head back and chuckled. “Someone’s sleepy.”
Alex couldn’t deny it any longer, he really needed to sleep. “It’s been a long day.”
Jack smiled and turned off the TV. He started moving around in the small bunk, trying to get under the colorful covers. He managed to get the blanket around the two of them. He then proceeded to take his jeans off, Alex did the same. Sleeping with jeans was probably the most uncomfortable thing in the world. Jack killed the light and Alex cuddled up close to his chest. He felt two arms wrap around him. He felt his head become lighter and Jack’s heartbeats become louder, and suddenly, he was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
yo