Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 9

“Thank you so much for having us. You’ve been a great crowd!”
Alex watched as the band walked off the stage and quickly made his way out of the venue pushing aside everyone who got in the way. When he got outside he spotted a red head girl standing on the sidewalk. He froze and cursed under his breath. Hayley was talking to one of her friends with her back turned to him. He saw his chance and made a run for it. He fled to the back of the building and pressed himself up against the cold brick wall. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
“She didn’t see me.” He whispered reassuringly to himself. “She didn’t see me.”
“Who didn’t see you?” Alex eyes shot open and he turned his head towards the voice.
Jack was leaning against the wall next to him, wearing a sly smile on his face. Alex felt his stomach do a flip. He took a few steps towards Jack and without thinking he threw his arms around Jack’s shoulders and buried his face in his neck. He felt Jack’s arms snake around his waist. Alex felt tears burning in his eyes as Jack tightened his grip.
This was not the time to start crying. If he started crying now it would ruin the moment. Jack would think of him as a pathetic fan, realize his mistake and never talk to him ever again. Alex felt a sting of pain as the thought of never talking to Jack again crossed his mind. He pressed his lips tightly together and felt a few tears escape his eyes.
Shit.
“Are you crying?” Jack released his grip around Alex waist and placed both hands on his shoulder. Alex already missed the warmth of Jack’s embrace.
“No.” He lied as his watery eyes wandered to the damp stain he had created on Jack’s shirt. He wanted to punch himself in the face.
Jack’s eyes searched for his. “Alex, hey, look at me.” Alex looked up. “Are you okay?”
Alex rubbed his eyes and nodded. “Yeah, it’s just that this” he gestured with his hands between the two of them “is just a bit overwhelming.”
Jack gave him a small smile and reached up to fix the bangs that covered Alex eyes. Alex let him.
“Believe it or not, but this is a bit overwhelming for me too. Not a bad overwhelming though, a good one.” He moved his hands down Alex face and cupped his jaw. “I like you.”
Alex blushed but before he had had a chance to open his mouth, a pair of lips crashed into his. The kiss was soft and tasted of beer and pizza. It was a bit awkward at first. It was as if Alex head couldn’t process the fact that someone was kissing him. It took him a few seconds to realize that, yes, there was kissing going on. Major kissing. Jack Barakat kissing. He returned the kiss with a low whimper. A very weird whimper. Why did he make that whimper?
“Cute.” Jack whispered against his lips. Alex felt his face go red and mentally slapped himself.
Jack broke the kiss with a grin. “I could do this all day, but it’s getting cold. We should head inside.”
Alex was just about to reply as he was cut off by the sound of footsteps behind them. He turned around and felt his stomach sink.
Hayley furrowed her brows. “Alex?”
_________________________

HAYLEY.

“Thank you so much for having us. You’ve been a great crowd!”
Hayley smiled as Vincent threw them a kiss. She felt someone tug on her shirt and turned around, her friend Angie was trying to drag her with her to the exit. Hayley sighed, why did concerts have to end? She let herself get manhandled to the doors. They got outside and met up with some girls they’d gotten to know while queuing.
“Man, that was awesome.” A blond haired girl, that Hayley distinctly remembered as Julie, stated. Hayley nodded. The show had been amazing. It was easily one of the best concerts she’d ever been to. She sighed, Alex would have loved it.
“Why the sad face?” Hayley looked up and saw that Angie was shooting her a concerned look. She shook her head and flashed her the biggest smile she could manage.
“No sad faces here.”
Angie returned the smile. “Good.”
A girl, Hayley honestly couldn’t remember the name of her, spoke up. “I want to meet the band.”
Hayley desperately wanted to meet the band too. The show had been perfect, and meeting the band would take this night beyond perfection. She wanted Alex to be there with her, it didn’t feel right without him. She felt guilty about having this much fun. It almost felt like cheating.
Her friends started to move towards the back of the building, she followed them. She suddenly got a rush of excitement. What if she got to meet All Time Low? She could make them sign something for Alex, or even better, she could record them saying something to him. She grinned widely and rushed to the front of the group, taking the lead. They rounded the corner and reached the back. She saw Jack Barakat leaning against a brick wall talking to someone, probably a crew member of some kind. She wanted to scream. Jack Barakat was standing just a few feet away from her, and she was probably going to talk to him in a few seconds. If Alex had been there he would have died. Jack noticed them and looked up, he looked happy. Hayley took a few steps when suddenly, the crew member turned around. Hayley stopped dead in her tracks.
“Alex?”
Alex eyes widened and he opened his mouth to say something, Hayley was quicker.
“You lied to me.”
How could he? How dared he lie to her? She had never lied to him, ever. Why would he go without her? Was her company not good enough for him? Hayley was fuming.
“Hayley, no, I can explain.”
She didn’t want to hear his excuses, they probably sucked. She turned around and stalked out of there. She didn’t care if she missed out on talking to Jack Barakat. One of her closest friends had been lying to her for months. He had even had the guts to lie straight to her face.
She kicked a coke can as she walked to her bus. She never wanted to see him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello dear friends. Just wanted to point out that I usually update every ~11th day or so.

This is because:

1. Art school take up A LOT of my time.
2. Sometimes I get writer's block.
3.Tv shows (supernatural, teen wolf etc)
4. I have a life, kind of.

I promise you guys that I will NEVER drop this fic, okay? I swear on mi mum.

To the one who left the "I'm yodeling" comment: I love you, never stop yodeling.

When you guys leave comments or send me asks on tumblr I feel like the world becomes a better place, so keep doing that.

Oh, and also: Happy late birthday Adina. (ya'll should follow her on tumblr, she was the inspiration for this fic http://whileshepees.tumblr.com/)