Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 13

Alex felt his heart thump in his chest. Shutshitshitshitshitshit. He looked at his mom, who was looking at Jack, who was smiling at them both. Alex saw her open her mouth to say something, and close it again.
“I’m Jack, by the way.” He offered his hand. She shook it gently before letting go.
After a few seconds her eyebrows shot up. “Oh! Jack! The Jack that Alex has been talking about?!”
Jack grinned down on Alex, who wanted to sink through the ground and disappear from the face of the earth. “Mom!”
His mother sighed. “Okay, mentioned once because I asked. Better?”
He groaned. “Yes, that Jack. He was just about to leave.”
She laughed and shook her head. “Oh no sweetie, he’s staying for dinner.” She smiled at Jack. “We’re having tacos.”
Alex glared at her. She was so not doing this right now. No. This was not happening. His mother was not embarrassing him in front of Jack Barakat. There was no way in hell that she was that evil.
“I love tacos!”
Alex turned his head and stared at Jack. “Really?”
Jack looked at him like he was insane. “You don’t?”
“Of course I love tacos, I’m not some kind of lunatic. I meant, are you sure you want to stay for dinner? You don’t have to.”
Jack rolled his eyes. “Yes I want to stay for dinner. Tacos and Alex? I’d be crazy to turn that down.”
Alex’ mother put a hand over her heart and awwed. Alex blushed. Jack Barakat would be the death of him. He just knew it. She gave Alex’ cheek a pinch and marched into the kitchen.
Alex turned to Jack. “Well, that was humiliating. Let’s go upstairs.” He walked past Jack and started jogging up the stairs. Jack followed closely behind, shaking his head.
“It was adorable.”
__________________
“So this is where you sleep.” Jack sat down on Alex’ bed and scanned the room.
“You sound disappointed.”
“I was expecting more posters, of me.” He eyed the wall above the bed. “I can’t see a single one.”
Alex smiled and picked up a sock from the floor to throw at him. He missed. Jack giggled.
“I’m just saying! I see posters of Josh Franceschi, Pete Wentz, Mark Hoppus.“ He raised his eyebrows “Winston McCall? Didn’t see that one coming. Derek Sanders, Ray Toro, but no Jack Barakat. What is your excuse?”
Alex laughed. “You’re unbelievable.”
Jack got out of the bed. He pulled Alex towards him. “Is it the nose? It’s the nose isn’t it?”
Alex shook his head. “No.”
Jack pressed his forehead to Alex’. “The hair?”
“Nope.”
Jack placed a kiss on Alex lips. “What is it then?”
Alex raised his eyebrows and pulled back his head. “Why so curious?”
Jack smirked. “Because I want to hear you say it.”
“Say what?” Alex was seriously confused. What did Jack want him to say? That he didn’t have posters of Jack because he took them all down when decided to not be a creepy fanboy anymore? No. He was not saying that.
“Why you took them down.”
“How do you know I even had any?”
Jack shrugged. “Just guessing since there’s random empty squares the size of posters here and there.”
Alex looked at the wall. Yeah, it was pretty obvious. “I took them down because it would’ve been weird keeping them.”
Jack motioned for him to keep talking. “Because…”
Alex blinked. What the fuck was he supposed to say? Because they were dating? Because they were a thing? No, that sounded weird. Shit.
“Because, uhm, you- I, we- ”
Jack smiled. “Because we?”
Alex swallowed. “Because we’re uhm, you know.” Alex made a gesture with his hands that made absolutely no sense.
Jack chuckled. “I’m trying to make you say boyfriends.”
Alex stared at Jack. Had he just said that? Boyfriends? He called them boyfriends. They were boyfriends. Jack Barakat was his boyfriend. Holy shit. Alex opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.
Jack bit his lip. “If that’s okay with you?”
Alex smiled a smile that reached from ear to ear. “It is very okay with me.”
Jack grinned and kissed his forehead. “Good.”
___________________
“Dinner’s ready!”
They raced down the stairs into the kitchen. Alex sat down at his regular spot and Jack placed himself next to him. Alex took a taco shell and started filling it up, Jack followed his lead.
“This smells delicious Mrs Gaskarth”
She sat down in front of them. “Please, call me Isobel.”
Jack nodded happily. “Got it.”
They started eating. It tasted as delicious as it smelled. After a few bites Isobel put her taco down. She gestured with her index finger towards Jack. “I can’t shake the feeling that I know you from somewhere.”
Jack took a bite out of his taco. “Yeah?”
“Yeah. You look familiar. Sure you haven’t been here before?”
He put the taco down and reached for his coke. “Pretty sure.” He raised it to his lips and took a sip. “I feel like that’s something I would’ve remembered.”
“I guess.” She smiled “So, how old are you Jack?”
“22”
Alex held his breath.
Isobel froze “22?” She furrowed her brows “You know that Alex is 17 right?”
Jack nodded. “Yes ma’am, I do.”
Alex was still holding his breath. Jack took his hand under the table and squeezed it.
She eyed him carefully. “And you don’t find the age difference a problem?”
Jack shrugged. “No. It’s actually not that much of a gap, and I really like your son.”
Alex blushed and looked down on his half eaten taco.
Isobel was quiet for a few seconds before speaking up. “He seems to like you too.”
“I sure hope so.”
Alex nodded a little. He didn’t dare to speak. He was afraid that the wrong words would come out if he opened his mouth. It was something that had a tendency of happening to him.
Isobel sighed. “Well, as long as it’s not a problem and as long as you guys are being safe, I’m okay with it. So I guess you have my, my blessing? Is that what you say? Or is that only about marriages? ”
Jack chuckled. “I have no idea.”
Alex released the breath he had been holding and looked up at his mother. “Thanks mom.”
She started filling up a second taco. “I just want you to be happy sweetie.”
Alex looked at Jack and smiled. “I am.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wanna talk to Alex about how he's feeling about getting a boyfriend? Or do you just want to fangirl with him a bit? Head over to http://iliveforalltimelow.tumblr.com/