Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 14

Alex sat down on his bed. Today had been a good day. Dinner with his mom and Jack had gone well and without too many awkward silences. Jack had left shortly after, but not without kissing Alex goodbye and promising him to come by the next day. Alex was pleased. He let his eyes fall on the white t-shirt thrown on the carpet. He recognized it as Jack’s. Alex furrowed his brows. Had Jack left shirtless? No. No he hadn’t. He got up and went up to his closet. He opened it. He shook his head as he saw that his favorite sleeping t-shirt was missing.
“Sly bastard.” He whispered to himself as he undressed his torso. He bent down and picked up the white shirt. He put it on. It still smelled of Jack.
He looked at the clock, it was getting late. He put on pajama pants and crawled down under the covers of his bed. The warmth of the bed and the smell of Jack surrounded him and made his eyes feel heavy. He reached for his phone to go on tumblr one last time before bed. He scrolled through his dash for a few minutes before deciding that fuck it, he had a password on his blog and no one he knew followed him, he was going to post the pictures of him and Jack. Posting them online would make them feel real. Even though they technically were real, they didn’t feel like it. They felt too good to be true. He needed someone else besides him and Vic (Yes, he had sent them all to Vic) to see them for him to accept their authenticity. And there weren’t any kissing pictures so he wasn’t risking anything. He posted them and put away his phone. He closed his eyes and drowsed off.
____________
“You stole my t-shirt.”
Jack looked up from where he was sitting and smirked. “And then I left mine on your carpet for you to enjoy.”
Alex sat down next to him on the floor. He leaned against the locker behind them. “Creep.”
Jack flung an arm around Alex’ shoulders and pulled him close. “I believe the word you’re looking for is ‘cute’.” Alex raised his eyebrows. Jack ignored them and continued. “I wanted you with me on the bus so I took your t-shirt and then I thought ‘Hey, why not leave something of mine at my boyfriend’s place so he could have something to hug at night?’ It’s cute, admit it.”
It was kind of cute.
“What if I’m not a hugger? Or maybe I don’t want your dirty laundry in my bed at night?” Alex gave Jack a cocky smile.
Jack returned the smile. “Alex, you are a hugger. You were like a clingy toddler in the bunk. And I bet twenty dollars my t-shirt is with you right now.”
Alex didn’t want to admit himself defeated, so instead he gave Jack’s smug lips a quick kiss and stood up. He grabbed his hand and dragged him with him. He made his way down the corridor and into the cafeteria. He wanted to know if it still was white and weird. He stepped inside and saw that yes, everything was still white and weird, but something was off. One of the white frames wasn’t empty. He walked up to it. The frame held photos, webcam photos, of Jack and Alex. Alex picked it up and showed it to Jack.
Jack furrowed his brows. “That’s strange.”
Alex nodded and put it back.

___________
Alex woke up by his phone ringing. He yawned and pressed it to his ear.
“Yeah?” He answered in a tired mumble.
He heard Vic giggle on the other end. “Still sleeping? It’s noon.”
Alex groaned. “I don’t care.”
“Busy night?” He could literally hear that little shit smirk.
“Fuck off. He went home after dinner.”
“He stayed for dinner? Did he meet your mom? Was it awkward?”
Alex rubbed his eyes. He just woke up. His head couldn’t process this many questions. “Uh, yes yes and only slightly.”
“So you guys are like official now?”
Alex blinked. “Yeah, I guess we are.”
“That’s awesome dude. I’m happy for you.”
He couldn’t help but smile. “Thanks.”
He sat up and stretched his arms while clamping the phone between his ear and shoulder. He crackled his knuckles.
“I can hear you destroying your hands.”
Alex got out of the bed with his phones still pressed to his cheek and started up his laptop. He sat down by the desk. “I can hear you being a hobbit.”
Vic sighed. “I thought you had stopped with the ‘Vic is short’ jokes.”
Alex opened up google chrome. “I just stopped with them verbally. I still make fun of you in my head all the time.”
“You’re so mature.”
Alex smiled and went to tumblr. He saw a read “1” overlapping the little envelope on his dash. He clicked it. He read the message and froze.
-“ALEX, THIS IS HAYLEY AND I JUST SAW THOSE LAST PHOTOS YOU POSTED. WHAT. THE. FUCK.”-
His breath caught in his throat. He had a password on his blog. She wasn’t following him. How did she see those photos? His hands were trembling as he went to settings to see if his blog was public. He cursed loudly when he saw that yes, it motherfucking was. How did he fuck up this bad? How did he disable the password without knowing? Why didn’t he safety check before posting the photos?
“Alex?”
Alex bit the nail of his left thumb. He debated on whether or not to put a password on the blog again. It’s not like it would save the situation, the damage had already been done. He closed the tab.
“Hayley saw the pictures.”
“How?”
Alex pinched the bridge of his nose. “I might have posted them on my tumblr.”
Vic sighed. “That was the most retarded thing I have ever heard in my entire life.”
“I thought I had a password on my blog but apparently I didn’t.”
“You should talk to her.”
Alex fingered on the hem of Jack’s t-shirt. “I will.”
“Now.”
“Fine.”
They said goodbye and hung up.
Alex stared at his phone, trying to figure out what to say to her. He typed out a text telling her to come over. He hovered over the “send” button a few seconds before putting his thumb on it. Less than a minute later he received a text telling him that she’d be there in five minutes. He changed out of his pajamas and went down to the kitchen. He sat down and waited. Ten minutes later the doorbell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex' tumblr: http://iliveforalltimelow.tumblr.com/