Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 15

Alex opened the door.
“Hayley.”
She ignored him walked passed him into the house. She hung her coat on a hanger and made her way to the living room like she had many times before. She sat down on the brown couch and waited for Alex to do the same. Alex placed himself on the other side of the sofa. He turned sligthly towards Hayley. He felt extremely awkward.
“I’m really sorry.”
Hayley faced him and smiled. Alex braced himself, this was going to suck.
“Sorry for what? Getting caught? Don’t kid yourself Alex. You went months without telling me about the meet and greet. You knew what you were doing. You were being an egoistic asshole and now you feel bad because someone found out about how selfish you are.”
Alex looked down on his hands and bit his lower lip. Yup. That hurt.
“That’s not really what happened though. I couldn’t tell you about all of this, I wanted to but I couldn’t. You have no idea how complicated this situation is."
Hayley leaned back in the couch and put her feet on the coffee table. “Enlighten me.”
Alex debated on how to approach this. He scratched the back of his head. “Well, if you look at the pictures of me and Jack you can see that they’re taken in my kitchen.”
Hayley fished out her phone from her pocket. She went to tumblr and Alex’ blog. She stared intensely at her screen a few moments before cursing loudly.
“Are you fucking shitting me Alex. They made a motherfucking homevisit and you didn’t fucking tell me? Oh my god, is this taken with your webcam?!”
Alex was just about to answer her questions when the doorbell rang, again. Alex got up and ran to the door. He opened it and was greeted by Jack’s warming smile. Alex froze. This wasn’t good.
“Good morning beautiful.”
He leaned in to kiss Alex but Alex stopped him. He lowered his voice. “What are you doing here?”
Jack’s face fell. “Is there a problem? You told me stop by today.”
Alex cursed himself. “I forgot about that.”
Jack furrowed his brows. “Is this a bad time?”
“Kind of.”
Jack looked behind him, trying to see into the living room. Alex blocked the view. If Jack could see Hayley, Hayley could see Jack.
“Do you have someone over?”
Alex nodded. “Yeah.”
Jack clenched his fists. “A guy?”
Alex’ head snapped up. “No, no no no!”
Jack raised his eyebrows. “So you wouldn’t mind me meeting your guest?”
Alex was about to open his mouth to say something but Jack was already on his way to the living room. Alex ran after him, trying to stop him but it was too late.
When Alex entered the living room, Hayley was standing up. Her eyes fixated on Jack and her chin on the floor. She looked like she had seen ghost.
Jack threw an apologetic look towards Alex. “I’m so sorry I thought- I don’t even know what I thought- I’m sorry Alex.”
Alex ignored him and walked up to Hayley. Her stare broke and her eyes moved to Alex.
“Alex?”
Alex raised his hands in the air in front of his face. “I can explain.”
Her gaze moved to Jack again, who was standing awkwardly in the doorway. “Please do.”
Jack cleared his throat and started backing away. “I’ll leave you two alone.”
Alex nodded. “I’ll call you later okay?”
Jack gave him a small smile and disappeared out the door.
Hayley put a hand on her cheek and looked towards Alex. “You have his phone number?”
Alex took her wrist in his hand and guided her to the sofa. It would probably be for the best if she sat down for this. They sat down and Alex readied himself. He was just going to say it. No hinting, he was going to go straight to the point. She would understand.
“Jack barakat is my boyfriend.”
“He’s your- what?”
Alex told the whole story. He started by telling her about the dreams, tweets, the concert and finally about the dinner with his mom. She sat quiet the whole time, processing his words and nodding on occasion. When he was done he silently waited for her to say something. She was quiet for what felt like hours before she opened her mouth.
“I’m a little bit angry with you for telling Vic but not me.”
Alex fingered nervously on the hem of his shirt. “I wanted to tell you.”
“But you didn’t.” She took deep breath and smiled. “But Jesus fucking Christ Alex, you’re dating Jack Barakat.”
Alex felt a weight lift off his shoulders. He responded with an even bigger smile as he felt Hayley’s thin arms snake around his torso and squeeze him. He squeezed back.
“I guess I am.”
She released her grip so she could look at him. “Have you had sex?”
“Hayley!” Alex blushed.
She gasped. “Is that a yes?”
“No!”
Hayley rolled her eyes. “So you’re telling me that you’ve been dreaming about almost screwing each other for months and then when you had the chance, you didn’t?”
Alex bit on one of his nails. “It’s not like that. Those were just dreams you know? It will be my first time and I don’t think I’m ready yet.”
Hayley sighed and smiled slightly. “I get it.”
Alex was glad she did. “Good.”
She put her palms on the sides of his face. “Oh my god Alex. You’re losing your V-card to Jack Barakat.”
Alex felt himself blush even harder and struggled to remove Hayley’s iron fists from his cheeks. “Jesus, Hayley.”
When he finally managed to rip her hands away she faked a sob and wiped away an invisible tear. “They grow up so fast.”
Alex rolled his eyes.
_____________________________________

“She left, come over.”
Jack giggled from the other end of the line. “Well hello to you too.”
Alex sighed. “Hello, come over.”
“I’m already on my way babe.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex' blog: http://iliveforalltimelow.tumblr.com/

Sorry for taking forever. I've been busy MEETING ALL TIME LOW. (I attended a meet n' greet and it was amaing.)