Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 16

“How did it go?”
Alex sighed and put his head on Jack’s shoulder. They were draped over the couch, watching a rerun of Friends. Phoebe was just about to teach Joey French, Jack’s chest rumbled as the made up gibberish left Joey’s mouth.
“It went fine.”
Jack kissed the top of his head. “Good.”
They stayed like that for a while. It was nice. Alex liked doing couple-y things with Jack, or well, just doing things with Jack in general.
“I like this.”
Jack nodded. “Yeah, Friends is a great show. This is one of my favorite episodes actually, after the Gladys episode. That whole episode is just pure comedy gold.” Jack started giggling. “The last scene, when Joey is in bed and the doorknob turns. His face is just, god, I pee my pants laughing every time.”
Alex rolled his eyes, Jack was adorable and he knew it. “I wasn’t talking about friends. I like this, you know, the two of us doing stuff together, normal stuff.”
Jack smiled and threw an arm around Alex’ shoulders. “I like this too.”
Alex curled up closer to Jack’s torso. Jack had to leave soon. Both of them knew it but refused to acknowledge it. Alex felt an aching pain in his chest as the thought of missing Jack touched his mind. He had no idea how long Jack would be gone. He didn’t know if it would be days, weeks or months until he got to lie in his arms like this again. He closed his eyes and breathed him in, his smell, his warmth, his whole being. He reached up to Jack’s neck and placed a kiss just below his jawline. He let his lips linger for a moment before he continued up to nibble his earlobe. He felt Jack move underneath him. An arm snaked around his waist and Jack gently positioned Alex to lie down on the couch. He happily obliged and put his head on the armrest. Jack smirked and dipped his head down but stopped a few inches from Alex’ face. Alex placed his hands on Jack’s neck and connected their lips. He wanted Jack to know how much he needed him, how much he wanted him to stay. The kiss deepened and the weight of Jack’s body got heavier. But Alex didn’t budge, he liked the feeling of Jack on top of him, he liked the closeness. He smiled into Jack’s lips. Jack on top of him. It sounded dirty.
Jack was a great kisser, an amazing one actually. It was never too sloppy or too much, just passionate and hot. He could kiss Jack for hours and not get bored. He never wanted to stop. He wanted to feel Jack’s lips working against his until the day he died. He gave out a low whimper as Jack’s hands moved from his waist down to his ass.
Alex’ phone started ringing and Jack broke off the kiss. Alex groaned and pulled him back. It could wait.
“What if it’s important?” Jack mumbled between kisses.
Alex shrugged. “If it’s important they’ll call twice.”
The phone rang a few more seconds before going silent. Jack smiled and began kissing Alex’ neck. Alex closed his eyes and ran his hands through Jack’s hair.
The phone started ringing again.
Jack sat up. “Second time.”
Alex cursed and reached for the phone. He looked at the screen and saw his mother’s face.
He pressed the answer button. “I hope someone died.”
His mother gasped from the other end of the line. “That’s an awful thing to say!” Alex winced at how loud she was speaking. “What if someone truly had died? What if grandma died? Do you want your grandma dead?”
Alex rolled his eyes. “No.”
“Good. I was just calling to tell you that I’ll be home around five.”
Alex frowned. “That was it?”
“And to ask you if Jack would be joining us for dinner. I’m assuming he’s with you right now, since you were too busy to answer my first call. Be careful sweetie, I don’t want my kid to end up on 16 and pregnant.”
Alex blushed. “Mom I’m seventeen and Jack is a, you know, guy.”
Jack chuckled. Alex wanted to punch him.
“You can never be too careful. Is he staying or not?”
Alex raised his eyebrows at Jack, who was still laughing. He nodded.
“Yeah he is.”
“Good. I’ll see you then. Bye baby!”
They hung up and Alex laid his head on the coffee table and groaned. He heard Jack giggle behind him.
“Your mom is my second favorite person in the whole world.”
Alex turned his face so he could stare angrily at Jack. “Who’s number one?”
Jack smiled and shrugged. “I don’t now really. Maybe that Alex guy? He’s kind of cute.”
________________
“So I saw something interesting today.”
His mother dabbed her mouth with a napkin.
“What?” Alex asked with a mouth full of lasagna.
She put down the napkin and shrugged. “Oh I was just flipping through a newspaper when I saw an article about the concert you were on a few days ago.”
Jack shifted a bit in his chair. Alex poked a broccoli with his fork.
She moved her eyes to Jack, who looked very uncomfortable. “There was a picture of the band above the article.”
Alex swallowed down the lasagna.
“My son dating a rockstar is fine and all but the article told me that the band was from America. Which means that when the tour is over you’ll go back home, to the other side of the world.”
Jack met her eyes. “Alex is not some kind of road gig, if that’s what you’re hinting at.”
“Well then, tell me, what happens when the tour is over and you go back to America?”
Jack took a deep breath. “Don’t you think that’s constantly on my mind? The fact that I’ll have to go back to America soon? It’s all I think about. I have no idea how this relationship will work out and that scares the living shit out of me. I’m leaving tonight to continue the UK tour. After that I’m going to come back here and stay at a hotel nearby for a week or two, to be able to spend as much time with Alex as possible. Our USA tour starts in three weeks, which means that we have three weeks to figure something out. Alex is the best thing that has happened to me in a very long time, and the thought of having to miss him hurts me to the core of my soul. But I’ll deal with that because being with Alex is better than not being with Alex. I have never been this happy in my life as I’ve been these last few months, yes, months. I knew Alex before the tour even started and I’m not letting what we have slip just because of a stupid ocean. Alex is not just someone to have fun with while I’m on tour. Alex is my motherfucking boyfriend.”
Alex took Jack’s hand under the table and squeezed it.
Isobel was quiet for a few seconds before she spoke up. “You don’t have to stay at a hotel. You can stay here.”
Alex blinked. “Really?”
She looked sternly at him. “In the guestroom.”
Jack lit up. “Of course! Thank you!”
She held up her fork and pointed towards Jack. “But if you hurt him, oh boy, I will break every single bone in your entire body.”
Jack furrowed his brows. “I would never hurt Alex.”
“Good.”
They ate the rest of the dinner in silence.
________________
Alex pressed himself against Jack. They were standing outside his house.
“You have to call me every day.”
Alex wrapped his arms around Alex’ skinny frame and buried his head in his hair.
“I will, you know that.”
Alex bit his lip and fought back tears. He was only going to be gone a week god dammit. He needed to stop being such a clingy, emotional wreck.
“I don’t want you to leave.”
Jack smiled “I don’t want to leave either, but I have to. I’ll be back in a week though. You won’t even miss me.”
Alex shook his head. “I already miss you.”
Jack put a hand under Alex’ chin and tilted his head up. “I will miss you every second of every minute of every hour of every day while I’m away from you.”
Alex removed the space between them and connected their lips. He kissed him slowly, trying to make it last as long as possible.
Jack broke the kiss to look at him. “I will masturbate while thinking about you.”
Alex chuckled and swatted Jack’s bicep. “Way to ruin the moment.”
Jack shrugged and gave Alex one last kiss before getting in the cab. He waved Alex goodbye and Alex watched as the cab drove off.
He shoved his hands into his pockets and walked back into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
alex' tumblr: www.iliveforalltimelow.tumblr.com

I still suck at updating and this chapter is meh