Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 8

Alex woke up by the alarm clock beeping. He turned it off and got out of bed. He grabbed the clothes that laid folded neatly on his desk chair, a plaid shirt with a pair of dark jeans and a gray beanie. He dressed slowly. His hands started to tremble as he buttoned his shirt. He took a deep breath and tried to swallow down the fear but he could still feel crippling anxiety creep in the back of his mind, making itself known as his fingers slipped on the small buttons. He tried to ignore his shaking hands and continued buttoning the shirt.
When his shirt was all buttoned up he turned around so he could see himself in the mirror. He fixed his hair in place with his fingers and put the beanie on top. He shoved his hands down his pockets and made a very manly twirls so he could see how he’d look from all directions. He let out a sigh and started walking towards the door.
“Everything’s going to be fine.” He reassured himself in a whisper as he made his way down the stairs to the kitchen.
“Hey sweetie, you look tense. Is something wrong?” His mother sat at the kitchen table drinking coffee while flipping through a newspaper.
He went past her towards the fridge and opened it. “Just a tad nervous, that’s all.”
“Oh right, the date.”
Alex turned around and looked at his mom who gave him a sly smirk. “It’s not a date.”
She raised her eyebrows and took a sip of her coffee. “Oh Honey, it’s something.”
“Whatever.” Alex blushed and decided that he wasn’t hungry anymore, instead he grabbed his bag and hurried to school.
___________________________________________
“I promise to film everything and if I meet anyone from the band I will make them sign something for you.” Hayley reassured him while pressing Alex closer to her body.
He huffed in response. The hug felt more like being squeezed to death by an anaconda than to be gently embraced by a friend. Her grip tightened and Alex felt his face go a dark shade of purple.
“Hayley, air.” He managed to get out.
“Oh.” She released him and looked down on her worn converse. “Sorry, I just feel so weird about this. Like, All Time Low is our thing, not mine. It won’t be the same without you.”
Alex put a hand on her shoulder and felt a sting of pain in protest from his aching torso. He cursed Hayley’s iron grip under his breath.
“I’ll come along next time. Have fun tonight okay, don’t worry about me.” He gave her a small smile, she halfheartedly returned it and they started walking towards their lockers. They got their things and headed to class.
The rest of the school day went by with Alex skillfully avoiding talking about the concert every time the subject was brought up.
__________________________________
The bus ride to the venue seemed longer than it was. Alex listened to music to calm his nerves, it worked until shuffle decided to be a bitch and play “For Baltimore”, which only made Alex think of Jack. He groaned and clicked the “next” icon and let out a relieved sigh when the next song was from You Me At Six and not something from All Time Low. He hummed along and tapped the rhythm on his thigh as he watched the city fly by outside the window.
When the bus stopped Alex could feel his breath get caught in his throat. He stood up and got off the bus on shaky legs. He could see the venue from where he was standing, but more importantly, he could see the line. The doors to the venue were supposed to open any minute now and hundreds of fans stood outside the building, practically reeking of anticipation. In the middle he could see a bright red haired female talking to her friends. Alex took a step back and tried to make himself less visible by standing closer to other people, other people who gave him weird looks as he creeped closer to them. He was more okay with them thinking he was mentally ill than to have Hayley see him and hate him forever. He watched as she laughed at something her friend, a girl Alex recognized from school, said. He felt a little bit jealous but he ignored it. He was going to see Jack. The doors opened and the line started moving. Hayley made a tiny little jump which made Alex smile. As soon as her ticket was scanned and her fiery red hair was out of sight, Alex dared to approach the venue.
_______________________________
JACK.
“Two minutes!”
Jack ignored Matt’s banging on the bathroom door and continued staring at himself in the mirror. He took a deep breath. He was going to meet Alex today. He was going to be in the same building as Alex. He probably already was in the same building as Alex. He splashed his face with some water. Alex Gaskarth, a fan. Jack laughed silently to himself, he was in love with a fan. Because there really was no doubt about it, he was in love with the kid. He couldn’t bring himself to why though, but he was, one hundred percent.
“Jack.” Flyzik gave the door a light kick.
Jack sighed and unlocked the door, he stepped outside. “Jesus, Matt. You don’t have to crash the place.”
The tour manager gave him an angry stare and pointed towards the stage door where the rest of the band stood.
Their lead singer Vincent approached him and put a hand on his shoulder. “Everything okay?”
Jack nodded and reached for his guitar. He hung it around his neck by the strap, cracked some joints and watched as Vincent and Rian started doing jumping jacks. Jack sighed at them and continued searching out joints to crack. Vincent stuck his tongue out in his direction and touched the tip of his nose with it. Jack felt violated and decided to go on stage to get the crowd worked up.
The second he reached the stage people started screaming his name. Jack smiled and shook his head. He was never going to get used to that. He walked up to the mic to the right and grabbed it.
“What a bunch of sexy mother fuckers we have here today.” The crowd went wild and Jack found himself searching the sea of people for Alex. His eyes got stuck on a red head in the front. He recognized her from Alex twitter. Their eyes connected and her face lit up. He shot her a smile and let his eyes wander to the people next to her. He couldn’t see Alex anywhere.
“You know, I think this is the sexiest crowd we’ve had in years, or what do you think Vincent?” The rest of the band had entered the stage and Vincent stood ready by the lead singer’s mic.
“I agree. You guys are seriously hot.”
They started their set and Jack continued eyeing the crowd.
Maybe he wasn’t there. Jack felt his heart sink.
Maybe he got scared and went home, or maybe he never even showed up at all. Maybe he was creeped out by Jack’s forwardness. He probably was. Jack felt stupid.
He swallowed down the bitter taste in his mouth and put on a fake smile for the audience. He felt his posture change with his mood so he started moving around on the stage to hide it. When he got to the farther end of the stage he noticed a guy standing way in the back, a blond boy with a gray beanie and a red plaid shirt. His heart fluttered as the boy noticed him too. They smiled at each other. He felt the awful feeling leave and a feeling of euphoria wash over him instead.
Alex was the most beautiful creature Jack had ever laid his eyes on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY FOR THIS TAKING FOREVER OH MY GOD

I'll try to have the next chapter up as soon as possible but keep in mind that I'm in art school and they give us a lot of homework and projects to work on so it's hard for me to find the time to write.

All your comments, recs, subs and tumblr asks makes me very happy and motivated. Thank you <3

btw, Vincent is a made up character based on my lovely dutch friend Vera. Go to her tumblr and ask her if she can touch her nose with her tongue. http://ilikedavidpavluk.tumblr.com/