Status: Updating At Least Once a Week- Mostly Weekends

Here Comes the Sun

o6

We were landing.

Oh, wow. Already?

I had fallen asleep. Had I? Yes, I had fallen asleep. I was quite certain that I had fallen asleep. But I had no recollection of dozing off... Don't you usually realize you are falling asleep? Like, "Oh, I'm tired. I guess I'll sleep". No. For me, it was more like, "Woah, look at that! That's coo-" BAM! Asleep.

I guess I was more tired than I thought I was.

So, we were landing. I knew because the cheerful Marilyn Monroe came on the TV again and began explaining why we needed to turn off all of our electronic devices. I grabbed mine to put it on sleep, and realized that Sara had texted me about 100 times while I was enjoying my nap. They were all about the same thing, just more frantic as time went on and I didn't reply.

How's your flight going?

Alana?

OMG. Just realized that you are afraid of heights and airplanes go up high and stuff...

How are you holding up? You don't have a window seat, do you?

ALANA??!?!?

ANSWER ME DID YOU GET IN A CRASH AND DIE, OR DID THEY CONFISCATE YOUR PHONE OR WHAT???

If you die I swear I'll never forgive myself for telling you about my aunt.

DID YOU FAINT? ANSWER ME SO I KNOW YOU ARE ALIVE!!!

ALLAANNAAAA??!!!!??


I laughed at her. Sara could overreact at times.

I looked up to see a flight attendant standing over me with an extremely large, forced looking smile spread across her face. I'm serious- this girl looked like a demonic Cheshire Cat.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but we kindly ask all passengers to turn off their electronic devices until after landing." The lady placed her hand on the seat in front of me- I guess she was trying to act casual- but her blood red, pointy nails dug into the fabric with extreme strength.

I gulped and sheepishly pressed the "Off" button on my phone. She nodded, still smiling, and walked rigidly away.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I peeked out the window to see Hawaii spread out below. It was like seeing a really realistic, huge map. I got dizzy and turned to Mom. She was reading a pamphlet called "Hawaii - Make Your Paradise Dream a Reality".

I was about to tap her on the shoulder to ask where she got it, but a voice suddenly filled the airplane.

We are now landing. Please fasten your seat belts and push your trays into an upright position. If you need assistance, raise your hand and an attendant will be ready to help. We hope you enjoyed your flight!

I buckled in and folded my hands, suddenly nervous. What if the plane crashed on our way down? The brakes failed? The landing gear got jammed?

No.

Stop. Thinking. About. Possible. Peril.

The reason it's on the news is that it doesn't happen often. right? I mean, if every flight crashed, then it wouldn't be news. Do you know what I mean?

I sighed and combed a hand through my hair. I could feel the airplane descending, and gripped the edges of my seat. Mom patted my hand knowingly.

It was over before I expected. Our plane was soon being taxied around on the ground. We stood up and got our carry on luggage out from above our heads. The flight attendants stood at the door like when we boarded the plane, wishing everyone a happy stay at paradise. We got to the door, and I took a deep breath.

Then I stepped into the world that would become my home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this short update took so long! School takes up a lot of my time, you know? Well, please comment, subscribe, recommend, anything is appreciated! Any suggestions?
Oh, also it would help if you could point out any spelling errors, punctuation, or grammar mistakes. I will be happy to correct them. Thanks, again, for reading!