Status: Complete

I Can Feel You in My Bones

Four

The show finished a while ago, the guys are probably out partying.

There are a few people on the bus but they’re all in their bunks. I’m sitting in the front lounge, alone, watching some comedy on TV. I don’t want to disturb anyone who might be resting so all the lights are off, the TV is lighting the room well enough for me.

Finally, at around midnight, the bus door bursts open and the last of the guys walk in.

“Hey, TJ,” I greet with a smile as he walks through the front lounge.

TJ offers me a quick nod as he walks right by, towards the bunks.

“What’s up with him?” asks Craig as he collapses down next to me on the couch.

“Not sure,” I say with a shrug. I'm not going to drag Craig into my crazy. I do my best to push aside the nagging worry that something's wrong.

Craig returns the shrug. “You gonna stay out here for a bit?” he asks me.

“Yeah,” I say with a nod. “I’ll probably finish watching this.” I gesture to the screen.

“Alright, well, I’m gonna pass out, you have fun. Night,” says Craig, patting me on the leg before getting up.

“Goodnight.”

Craig leaves me, heading to the bunks with everyone else. I can hear people talking quietly back there, but I think they’re all settling in for the night.

I curl up on the couch, trying to actually pay attention to the movie. I missed the beginning and I have no idea what’s going on. I could just give up and go to bed but I’m not tired yet.

Roughly ten minutes pass and the bus falls totally quiet, the only sound being the movie playing softly; if I turn it down any further I won’t be able to hear it at all.

“Hey.”

I jump and turn to see TJ standing by the door to the bunks.

“Geez, TJ,” I mumble, bringing my hand to my chest in shock.

“Sorry, I keep scaring you today,” he apologizes.

“It’s fine,” I mumbles. “Just don’t creep up on people in the dark.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

TJ steps into room and slides the door closed behind him before joining me on the couch.

There is an undeniable layer of tension between us, I am almost certain it’s not just in my head, but I don’t want to be the first to bring it up.

“I couldn’t sleep,” TJ tells me, in a soft, breathy whisper.

“Yeah,” I return, matching his tone. I don’t want to look but I feel like his staring at me. I keep my attention focused on the TV.

I almost gasp when I feel his hand on my leg, I give in and look his way; making eye contact.

Before I really know what I’m doing I lean into him, pressing my lips to his and pulling him in towards me.

TJ’s hand slides up my thigh, to my hip and I fall back onto the couch, giving him room to move on top of me. I can taste the alcohol on his tongue, he’s been drinking whiskey. I put my arms around TJ’s neck, pulling him in closer.

TJ breaks the kiss, moving his attention to my neck and inadvertently giving me a moment to catch my breath.

I let out a small moan as he gently bites down and he chuckles under his breath, I swear in the moment it’s the hottest fucking thing I’ve ever heard.

I can feel TJ getting hard through his jeans.

He pulls back and stares down at me lying beneath him. “I don’t think either of us are going to get much sleep at all,” he says, breathlessly.

“That’s some big talk,” I tease. “Prove it.”