Status: Complete

I Can Feel You in My Bones

Eight

I’ve gotten used to see Escape the Fate play for free, it’s going to be rough when I have to start playing for concerts again.

The boys will hang around the venue for a while still, then maybe hit a local bar. I need to get back to the bus. I haven’t started packing yet, in fact I’ve been actively putting it off.

Tomorrow is the California show. We’ve decided that they’ll drop me off at my brother’s place after the show tomorrow night.

I make it back to the bus alone and sigh to myself wistfully as I start clumsily shoving my shit into my duffle bag. I just want to get this over with so that I don’t have to worry about it tomorrow, but sitting here actually packing is suddenly making it feel very real to me. I’m actually leaving.

I hear the door to the bus open as I’m stuffing my clothes into the bag and Robert wanders up behind me.

“You need a hand?” he asks.

I shake my head. “No, it’s fine. Don’t worry,” I tell him. I don’t really own that much I’ll be done in a minute.

Robert hovers beside me as I continue packing my bag.

“I can’t believe you’re actually going to be gone,” he says, after a few seconds.

“Yeah,” I return, sadly. “It sucks.”

Robert nods in agreement. “I’m really going to miss having you around, Ivy,” he tells me, earnestly.

“Come on, don’t do this to me, man,” I say, pulling Robert into a hug and fighting back the tears I can feel burning my eyes.

Robert and I didn’t talk too much, he was always friendly but I sort of though he didn’t really notice me. Guess that wasn’t the case.

--
The curtain to my bunk is thrown open, disturbing me. I raise my hand to protect my eyes from the light flooding in. Through the blinding light I see TJ.

“The fuck? What time is it?” I ask in confusion. “How the hell are you up before me?”

“It’s your last day, I’m putting in an effort,” he states. “Get up.”

“TJ, let the girl sleep. Jesus,” complains Craig.

“But we’re wasting precious time,” returns TJ.

I smile and roll my eyes and him before crawling out my bunk and joining Craig at the front of the bus. I lean against the bus’s kitchen counter, beside him, and yawn tiredly.

“I can’t believe tomorrow you won’t be here anymore,” says Craig sadly, as he hands me a cup of coffee.

“I know,” I return, taking a slip of the coffee.

“I’m so used to having you around,” continues Craig. “I’m really going to miss you,” he states, dejectedly.

With the exception of everything that when down with TJ, Craig is the person I have grown closet two over the last couple weeks. He was the one who took me in to begin with and genuinely seems to want the best for me. Craig is probably the only real friend I’ve had in a long time.

“I’m going to miss you too,” I tell him, with a sad smile.

“Hey,” says TJ, clapping his hands to get our attention. “Can we please keep the mood up in here? No more of this depressing shit.”

“But it’s sad,” counters Craig.

“You know what,” says TJ, turning his attention solely to me. “We need to get you away from him because he is bringing everything down.”

I laugh as TJ takes me by the arm and starts dragging me down the bus, away from Craig.

--
I watch out the window and the bus gets closer and closer to Trevor’s apartment complex before pulling up outside it.

“Does he know you’re here?” asks TJ, who is standing behind me.

I nod. “I texted him.”

At that TJ pulls me into a tight hug, I hug him back while trying desperately to not get too emotional.

“I’m going to miss the fuck out of you,” he whispers to me.

“It’s not like you’re never going to see me again,” I whisper back. I hope not, at least.

“Of course I’m gonna see you again,” he says. “Still going to miss you though.”

TJ releases me I am pulled in by Robert then Monte, and Mike.

Lastly I move over to Craig.

“This is it,” he says, with a soft smile.

“I guess so.”

“Take care of yourself, Ivy,” he tells me, before pulling in towards him.

I cling to Craig for as long as I think I can get away with before stepping back and picking up my bag.

“We know where you live. You have not seen the last of us, Ivy,” Craig tells me. “Don’t worry.”

I look around at their glum faces once more before waving goodbye to the group and stepping off the bus.

As I walk away from the bus and towards the apartments the cool night-time air blows softly around me, it’s not cold just pleasant.

I push open the door to the building and as I step inside I hear the bus pull away.

Getting up to the right floor doesn't take long as as I step up to the door I take a deep, centring, breath before knocking.

The door opens quickly and I see my brother. Without skipping a beat I throw my arms around him, hugging him desperately, Trevor hugs me back. It's been such a long time since we've seen each other. He holds me tightly, which helps.

“Hey, kiddo,” he says before pulling back. “You okay?”

I have done such a good job not crying up until this point but I can’t keep it in any longer.

I shake my head, everything hitting me at once.

Trevor pulls me back in towards his chest.