‹ Prequel: Stay
Status: DONE!

On Your Side

Chapter Fourteen.

"What do you mean?" She asked cautiously and he ran his fingers through his short hair as he paced the floor.

"I just, I want to believe you, but I just feel like you have real feelings for John and I don't want you to just feel this because he's not around."

"Well actually I confessed this last night as well, but you fell asleep on me."

"Really?" He asked looking over at her and she nodded, "Eric, I could have feelings for a million boys, but none of those feelings would compare to the feelings I have for you. I love you and you are the only guy I want in my life."

"So no more John?" He asked seriously.

"No." She stated as her phone rang. Her eyes met his and he grabbed for it from the dresser, John's name flashing on the screen.

"Then tell him." He stated, holding out her cellphone and she shook her head, "Via phone? No."

"Why not?" He asked seriously and she sighed, "Because, he doesn't deserve that."

The pair stared at each other until the phone stopped ringing and she nervously messed with her fingers.

"And what are you going to tell him?"

"I don't know Eric because I don't know what is going on."

Eric nodded before moving to sit the phone back on the dresser.

"Tell him the truth." He got out, focusing on the iphone like there was important matter on the screen.

"Which is?"

"That you're my girl, Jenna. You have and always will be." He whispered and her heart fluttered in her chest.

"Am I?" She asked softly and he spun around to look at her, "If you want to be."

She nodded and he rubbed the back of his neck causing her to grin. She loved how awkward he was. It made her love him even more if possible.

"I do." She finally said, moving from the bed and he watched her carefully as she stepped to him.

"Want to know why?"

He nodded as she pulled his arm from his neck, "Because you're my guy, Eric. Have and always will be."

A smile hit his lips and she pulled him down until his lips hit hers. He grasped her hips, kissing her desperately before slowly walking her backwards towards the bed.

It wasn't like Eric intended for them to sleep together, it just happened. The emotion the pair had for each other and the lack of contact was overwhelming. They couldn't stop it.

"I love you." He breathed, hovering over her and kissing her forehead before falling onto the pillow, pulling her close.

"I love you too."

"I thought I lost you, Jenna. I truly did. Although I wasn't going to give up." He whispered as she cuddled into his side.

"Couldn't get rid of me that quickly, Eric."

He chuckled softly as he played with her hair, "I'd hope not."

"I'm not going anywhere. Ever." She stated seriously. The only thing she was certain of was their relationship. That was the one thing stable in her life and she wanted that back.

"Jenna..."

"Mhm?"

"When you graduate, I really wish you'd move in with me. Well, we could find our own place."

"And what about Nick?"

Eric laughed, "I think he'll survive. Unless you don't mind him."

"I don't. I love the kid."

"Fine. He can be our pretend son."

"Awe, it'll be like were playing house."

"And yet I pay real bills and you'll burn real meals."

"Hey!"

He chuckled, kissing her nose, "Kidding baby. Well sort of..."

She glared at him and he poked her cheek, "Smile. Don't you wanna live with me?"

"I'll probably regret it, but as of now I do."

"Ouch."

She kissed his cheek as he smiled, "Whatever. I just want you there. I need you there."

"To wash your clothes..."

"Um, I never ask you to do that."

"If I didn't it would never get done."

"Yes it would...when my mother visits...."

Jenna laughed, "Pathetic."

"Is not!" He defended and she nodded with a smile, "Is so."

"Whatever..."

"So, who's been washing your clothes these past few weeks?" She questioned.

"...I don't like you."

She giggled and he pinned her to the bed, "Bring my sweet girl back. I miss her."

"I'm always sweet to you."

"You are." He whispered brushing back her hair.

"So, you and John can be ok now?"

Eric scoffed, "Hardly. Knowing he wants you kind of puts a damper on things..."

"Well, what if we find him someone?"

"I love how you assume it'll be that easy for him. He's going to need time. Losing you isn't easy."

A frown hit Jenna's lips, "Don't say that."

"I know you don't want to hurt him but its inevitable and I truly hate that, but it is. As much as I dislike him right now..."

"You're still Eric and can't help but feel bad for him." She said cutting him off and he grinned weakly, "Guess so, but he'll be ok. He'll survive. I promise."

She nodded, "I just, know he's going to hate me."

"Jenna, he isn't going to hate you he's just going to be hurt. Give him time and he'll eventually come around."

"I just don't want him to hurt." She mumbled, her eyes now watering simply because she felt so horrible about it. John truly meant a lot to her. He had been in her life since she could remember and no matter what anyone thought of him she saw a side no one else did and he was truly an amazing person.

"Jenna..." He cooed, stroking her cheek and she sniffled, "I'm sorry. It's not that I love him like that or anything, but it's John. He's always been one of my best friends and I hate this. I'ts all my fault and..."

"Baby, look at me. No. It's not. He knew from the get go what he was getting into."

"Still..."

"Just relax. Everything will work out like it should."

She nodded and he pressed his lips to her cheek, "I'm sorry I can't make this better for you."

"You can't always fix everything for me, Eric."

"I know. Doesn't mean I don't like to try."

She grinned, "So...about this now very late dinner."

Eric chuckled, throwing his arm around her, pulling her underneath him.

"I swear, you eat so much to be so damn little."

"I'm slightly offended."

He laughed, "Baby, what do you want?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Now we both know that's a lie."

She giggled and he kissed her quickly, "Tell me."

"Too much pressure!"

He groaned, "Jenna."

"You think there is a Pancake World here?"

"Unlikely."

"Bummer."

Eric stared down at her, his smile wider than ever and she chuckled, "What?"

"Nothing. I just, I love you, you know? You just are so cute. I really don't know how else to say it. Everything you do is so fucking cute."

"And you can't stand it?"

"Too much Never Shout Never for you..."

She giggled and he kissed down her cheek before moving from the bed in just his boxers.

She whistled knowing the boy would blush immediately which he did as he threw his shirt at her causing her to laugh.

"You're such an ass." He grumbled as she slid on his shirt over her tank top and a frown hit his lips, "That's mine."

"You gave it to me."

"Not necessarily."

She chuckled moving from the bed and he immediately grabbed at her.

"Going and getting food means having to get dressed, maybe we could just order in tonight?" He mumbled into her hair.

She nodded as his hands ran down her arms and he kissed her softly.

"Is that ok?" He asked at a whisper.

"Yes."

He kissed down her cheek before speaking, "Ok. I shall order us something."

"Mmk." She whispered, before finding his lips as her arms went around his neck.

"You're making this hard."

"I've just missed you."

He gently picked her up before carrying her back to the bed.

"You've missed me or you've just missed my body?" He joked causing her to bust out laughing.

He chuckled as his eyes met hers and she spoke, "Definitely the second one."

"Mhm what I thought."

She giggled and a smile crept onto his lips, "I've missed hearing your laugh. I know that sounds stupid, but it's true."

"Not stupid."

He kissed her cheek gently, "I love you."

"I love you more."

He snickered, "Is this leading to a who loves who more battle? I don't think we've ever had one and it might be time."

She giggled and he continued to place kisses along her face, "No Jen, I'm certain I love you more." He whispered his hand grazing her side as his lips landed on hers.

Needless to say they never got around to calling room service.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just love Eric. I can't help it...

Thanks for commenting;
Whiskeyprincess118
Everdeen (it's not I swear! Lol)
A synful vengeance
Asdfhjkqwerty
Dreamer182
Sammy_Wessen
Lovelyhope
:)