I Got You

Chapter 2

When the next day came, Annie was awake at 5am. She was so excited and curious to know who this mystery guy was that was coming over for dinner. She ran to her parents’ bedroom, begging and pleading for them to tell her the name of Mr. Anonymous, but all they told her was: ‘Go to bed Annie.’ And ‘Wait and see.’ Annie started growing impatient and annoyed with her parents so she tried her sister Dana, who ignored her and pretended to be asleep.

When Wayne woke that afternoon, all of Tania’s things were gone along with some of his things. He sighed and got out of bed. He was busy in the bathroom when it suddenly dawned on him that she might have emptied out his banking accounts. “Shit!” He shouted and called his banker. He showered, and then got dressed feeling confident. For the first time in seven months he felt relaxed, not having to worry about Tania and what she was getting up to.

Annie’s family were all getting things ready while she took her sweet time in her bedroom, making sure that she looked okay and that her hair and make-up were perfect. The doorbell rang just as she got downstairs. “I’ll get it!” She shouted running to the door. She took a deep breath as she opened the door. Before her stood the most amazing guy she’d ever seen. “Hi.” He said in a deep voice. “Hello.” Was all Annie could say. “Can I come in?” He said with a smile that made Annie’s heart pound even more than it was already. Annie nodded, unable to speak. “I’m Dwayne by the way, but you can call me Wayne.” He said winking at her. Annie didn’t say anything. She couldn’t, she was star struck. “And your name is?” Wayne said looking at her. “Jo-Anne, but everyone calls me Annie.” She forced out. “Great name, Annie.” Wayne said kissing her hand. Annie giggled. “Ah Dwayne, you made it!” Dan exclaimed extending his arm. “Sure did. Thank you for the invite Mr. James.” Wayne said shaking his hand. “Oh please call me Dan.” He said smiling. Wayne nodded.

During dinner Annie was silent. She sat next to Wayne who insisted that she sit there. “Is everything okay honey?” Dan said looking at Annie seriously. Annie nodded. “What’s the matter, cat got your tongue?” Dana said nudging her sister from under the table with her foot. Annie shook her head. “Dana, can I talk to you for a minute in private?” Annie said looking at her sister. “Sure.” Dana said standing up from the table and following her sister into the next room. “What’s up?” Dana asked crossing her arms. “Why didn’t you tell me that Lil Wayne was coming here for dinner?” Annie shouted under her breath. “Dad said it had to be a surprise.” Dana said shrugging. “You could’ve given me a heads up. Instead now I’m sitting there like an idiot because I can’t speak.” Annie hissed. “I’m sorry Annie.” Dana said softly. “It’s okay.” She said smiling. “I don’t know why you’re so nervous anyways. I mean he’s just a normal person like me and you.” Dana said looking at her sister with a serious expression on her face. “I know, but he’s just so damn gorgeous that I get nervous.” Annie said with a dreamy look in her eyes. “Just take a deep breath and be yourself.” Dana said placing a comforting hand on her sister’s shoulder. “What if he doesn’t like the real me?” Annie said biting her bottom lip. “Trust me, He’ll love the real you.” Dana said and dragged her sister back to the table. “So, Wayne where’s Tania?” Annie said looking at him. “I dumped her sorry behind last night.” He said with no emotion on his face as he took another bite of his food. “Sorry.” Annie said placing her hand on his shoulder. “It’s okay. She was starting to become too clingy.” He said with an annoyed expression on his face. “Annie loves your music you know. She doesn’t listen to anyone other than you.” Dan said in a casual tone. “Is that true?” Wayne said looking at Annie. Annie nodded and slid down in her chair, feeling like she could die right now. “Annie, dear, sit up.” Louise said with a serious expression on her face. Annie took a deep breath and slid up in her seat again.

After dinner Annie disappeared to her bedroom feeling embarrassed. “Where’d your sister go?” Wayne asked Dana. “Probably to her bedroom.” Dana said looking at the stairs. “Do you think I should go to her?” He asked with a questioned look on his face. “If you want, just go up the stairs, turn left and walk until you see yourself.” Dana said with a wink. Wayne laughed and followed Dana’s instructions. He thought Dana was kidding when she said he should keep walking till he saw himself but she wasn’t. At the end of the hall, he saw a door with a life-size poster of himself. He didn’t bother knocking and slid inside. Annie was lying on her bed with her face buried in a pillow sobbing. “Annie?” Wayne said moving closer. The sobbing stopped for a moment. “Wayne?” She said lifting her head enough for her to see. “Yeah it’s me.” He said sitting down on the bed. She sniffled and sat up wiping her face. “Now tell me why you’re crying.” Wayne said in a soothing tone. “Because of the way I act around you. You must think I’m the biggest fool ever.” She said starting to cry again. “That’s not true. I think you’re kind of sweet.” He said. “You’re just saying that to make me feel better.” Annie said with a laugh. “No I’m not. I really do think you’re sweet. No girl has ever acted the way you did around me.” He said honestly. “Really?” She said with a confused look on her face. “Yeah, every girl I’ve ever met kind of just throws themselves at me in hopes that I’ll take ‘em home with me. None of them have ever acted nervous around me.” He said caressing her cheek. “Well I’ll tell you one thing. I wasn’t acting.” She said with a cocky tone in her voice. “I know.” He said shrugging. Annie smiled at him. It was the first time that he had noticed that whole night how beautiful she really was. “Now can we please go downstairs?” Wayne said with a smile. “Sure.” Annie said and jumped off her bed and went back downstairs with Wayne close behind. “Wow Dwayne, you do realize you’ve just managed to do something that takes years to achieve?” Louise said crossing her arms with a shocked look on her face. “I’m sorry, but I don’t follow.” Wayne said with a confused expression on his face. “What Louise means, is that you managed to get Miss Isolation out of her room after only knowing her for a few hours. The rest of us have to beg and plead for her to come out of her confinement.” Dana said winking at him. Wayne laughed nervously and sat down next to Annie on the sofa. “So, did you find Annie’s room okay?” Dan said with a smirk on his face. “Yeah, Dana said to keep walking until I saw myself. At first I didn’t know what she meant but then I saw the door with a life-size poster of me on so I knew that I had reached my destination.” He said laughing. “So you saw the inside of her bedroom huh?” Louise said with a cocky tone in her voice. “Sure did.” Wayne said. “And, what do you think?” Dana said nudging him. Annie’s cheeks went blood red. “I think it’s kind of sweet.” He said with a smile. “I think it’s creepy.” Dana said with a shudder. “Shut up.” Annie hissed. “Yeah me too, especially the Lil Wayne covers and the YM lamp.” Dan said winking at Annie. “Doesn’t it freak you out just a little bit?” Dana asked raising an eyebrow at Wayne. “You’d be surprised at some of the things my fans have in their bedrooms.” Wayne said shrugging.