I Got You

Chapter 3

Days had gone by since Annie had seen Wayne. She hadn’t expected for him to call her or want to see her again but she held onto the tiny shred of hope she had that he would want to see her again. After all, didn’t he say that he thought she was different and that he thought she was kind of sweet? This was the kind of over analyzing that got her heart broken the first time. Annie shrugged had trying to get Wayne out of her mind, but it didn’t work. She went back to school the following Monday in hopes that the work would keep her mind from wondering off to Wayne. That didn’t help either, every time she tried to focus on what the teacher said, she thought of Wayne.

Not a single second passed that Wayne didn’t think about Annie. The constant thoughts of Annie drove Wayne insane. He couldn’t sleep. He couldn’t eat. He couldn’t even work without her face and that beautiful smile of hers popping into his mind. He wished that he had taken her number but he hadn’t. The only way he could trace her was if he called her dad or if he went around to her house, but he thought that would make her think that he was a stalker.

Annie wished that Wayne would try and make some form of contact with her, even if he just left a note or something in the mail, but he didn’t. Everyday when she got home from school, she went straight to the mailbox to check for a note from Wayne, but it was always empty. Another week passed when finally there was something in the mail, but it wasn’t for her. It was for her father. Annie was starting to lose all hope that she would ever see or speak to Wayne again. It was Friday and Annie was supposed to be going to the mall with her friends, but she wasn’t up to it. She told them that she was feeling strange and would prefer it if she go with them another time. Her friends didn’t believe her, but decided not to argue with her.

Annie was upstairs in her room, listening to her copy of ‘Rebirth”. Her favorite song ‘Paradice” was blasting threw the speakers of her stereo when the doorbell rang. At first Annie disregarded it thinking that it was probably just her imagination. The doorbell rang a second time. Annie put her music on pause and waited. A third time. Annie ran downstairs and threw the door open, before her stood Wayne. “Hey.” Wayne said smiling. “What are you doing here?” Annie said standing aside so that he could pass. “Just wanted to see if you wanted to hand out for a while?” Wayne said stepping inside. “Sure.” Annie said with a mental scream afterwards.

Wayne felt nervous going to Annie’s house unexpectedly, but shook it off. He knew that the only way he would ever get back into contact with her was if he either called her dad or show up at her house. He was afraid of calling a girl’s father and asking for her number, he thought it was rude. The only solution to his dilemma was to go to her house. He walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. In the distance he could hear Paradice being blasted through big speakers. No answer. He rang the doorbell a second time. The music stopped for a while but no one answered the door. He rang the doorbell a third time and waited a moment. Finally the door flew open and there she was, the most beautiful girl in the world.

Annie and Wayne spent hours sitting on her bed and talking. She begged Wayne for ten minutes to sing Paradice for her when finally he gave in. “You’re not gonna stop until I do it are you?” Wayne said raising an eyebrow. She shook her head. “Nope.” She said smiling a cocky smile. Wayne sighed and obliged, rapping his heart out. Annie was always moved by this song, but this time she had to fight back the tears. “What’s the matter?” Wayne asked sitting down on the bed again. Annie shook her head. “Nothing, the song just kinda speaks to me.” Annie said smiling. “Yeah, me too.” Wayne said. Annie opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by the doorbell ringing. Annie sighed and stood up. She walked over to her window, opened the door and stepped out onto the balcony. Annie peered over the balcony and went back inside. “Who is it?” Wayne asked. Annie shook her head. “My stupid ex boyfriend.” Annie said rolling her eyes. “What’s he want?” Wayne asked fearing what she may say next. “I don’t know, but I’ll have to go find out before he breaks the door down.” Annie said walking towards her bedroom door. Wayne stayed in her room while Annie answered the door. Annie sighed and opened the door. “What do you want Chad?” She said with an annoyed expression on her face. “You.” He said stepping closer to her. Annie took a step back. “You’re high.” She said taking a step back. “No I’m not.” He said slurring his words. “Yes you are. Chad, your breath smells like dope.” Annie said pushing him back. “I need you.” He said pulling her against him. “Chad, please leave.” Annie said squirming against him. “No, I’m not leaving without you.” He said kissing her. Annie pulled back but couldn’t slap him. “Please Chad. Just go.” Annie said starting to cry. “I told you. I’m not leaving without you.” He said pushing her against the wall. Annie screamed. Wayne came running down the stairs taking two at a time. “Who’s this?” Chad said raising an eyebrow at Wayne. “I’m your worst nightmare motherfucker.” Wayne said pulling him away from Annie by his ponytail. “Let go of me asshole!” Chad shouted punching Wayne. “You shouldn’t have done that!” Wayne said throwing Chad on the floor and getting on top of him punching him over and over. “Wayne stop it you’re hurting him!” Annie shouted. “He deserves it!” Wayne shouted back. He punched Chad once more then got off of him. “Son of a bitch!” Chad shouted and left.