I Got You

Chapter 8

A week after Dana had been admitted to hospital, Annie and Wayne went to visit her. Annie went in to see her first. Dana lay in the bed staring at the ceiling with a mask over her nose and mouth. Annie was shocked to see her sister like this. “Hey, An.” Dana said sitting up and smiling at her sister. “Hey, Dee.” Annie said sitting down on the chair next to Dana’s bed. “How are you?” Annie said. “Better.” Dana said. “Why’d you do it Dee?” Annie said looking at her sister seriously. “I don’t know. At the time it seemed like the right thing to do.” Dana said nervously. “You know, you nearly gave me a heart attack.” Annie said. “I’m sorry. All I was thinking about was how I felt and that’s all. I didn’t even think about what it would do to the rest of you.” Dana said biting her lip nervously. “I’m just glad I found you when I did.” Annie said. “Thank you. You saved my life.” Dana said smiling weakly at her sister. Annie nodded. “I love you Dee, there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you. You know that right?” Annie said. Dana smiled. “I love you too.” Dana said and hugged Annie.

When Annie and Wayne were walking down a passage in the hospital to go to their car, Annie saw Jeremy walking towards her. He froze when he saw Annie. “You son of a bitch!” Annie shouted and ran towards him and jumped on him knocking him to the floor. “What the hell’s wrong with you, you damn bitch?” Jeremy said trying to push Annie off of him. “You’re what’s wrong with me!” Annie shouted and punched him. “Annie.” Wayne said trying to pull her off of him. “Leave me alone Wayne!” Annie shouted and jabbed him with her elbow. Wayne squirmed. “Get off of me you psycho!” Jeremy shouted. “It’s your fault my sister nearly died you fucking asshole!” Annie shouted and punched him again. Wayne pulled Annie off of Jeremy and held her in a tight bear hug. Annie struggled against Wayne, trying to break herself free. A doctor came and injected Annie with something that made her go limp.

Annie woke in a hospital bed. Wayne was sitting beside her holding her hand and periodically kissing it. “Where am I?” Annie said in a groggy voice. “The doctor gave you a sedative to calm you after you nearly beat the crap out of Jeremy again.” Wayne said in pleased tone. He was proud of the fact that his wife could protect herself and beat anyone up that posed a threat to her or her family. “Was I really going to beat Jeremy up again?” Annie said with a confused expression on her face. “Yes.” Wayne said. “I hurt you too didn’t I?” Annie said sitting up. “Is that what you remember?” Wayne asked. “I remember fighting with Jeremy. I was on top of him and shouting. You said my name and I hit something with my elbow. The next thing I remember is waking up here.” Annie said softly. Wayne nodded. “Wayne did I hurt you?” Annie asked with a serious expression. Wayne shook his head. “It didn’t hurt.” Wayne said smiling at her.

Three weeks later, Dana was discharged and sent for therapy at a Medical Centre in Los Angeles. Wayne and Annie’s relationship seemed to start going back to normal. It seemed as though their love was so strong that they could overcome anything.
After a month of therapy, Dana was discharged from the Medical Centre and went home to her parents. Annie and Wayne were invited over for dinner, which they thought was very convenient since they had a surprise that affected everyone. After Annie got out of the shower, she stood in her walk in closet staring at her endless supply of clothes in her underwear. “Annie!” Wayne called. “In here.” She called back. “What’s taking so long? We have to get going.” Wayne said wrapping his arms around her stomach. “I don’t know what to wear.” Annie said. “You mean to tell me you have thousands of dollars in clothes and you don’t know what to wear?” Wayne said raising an eyebrow. “That’s exactly what I’m saying.” Annie said throwing her head back so that it was now leaning against Wayne’s shoulder. “If you want you can wear my YMCMB hoodie that you like so much.” Wayne said hoping to speed the process up. “Yeah, okay.” Annie said with a sigh. “I’ll go get it.” Wayne said unwrapping his arms from her waist. “That’s not necessary, it’s hanging right there.” Annie said pointing in front of her. Wayne sighed and laughed. “Sometimes I wonder why I even spend so much money on clothes for you when you’re always wearing mine.” Wayne said in a joking tone. “Because, you love me.” Annie said kissing his cheek and wondering of to a drawer against the opposite wall. Annie started rummaging through the top drawer when she finally pulled out a pair of ripped denim shorts and a spaghetti top.

Annie nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw her sister. It felt like forever since they last saw each other. Everyone was sitting around the dinner table laughing and talking about their everyday life. “So, Wayne, anything new with you and Annie?” Dana asked picking at her food. “Well, you know I don’t kiss and tell.” Wayne said winking Annie. Annie smiled and took a bite of her food. “Actually, Wayne and I have some big news to tell you all.” Annie said putting her knife and fork on her plate. “Oh do tell.” Dana said. Annie looked at Wayne who nodded. “I’m pregnant.” Annie said with a smile on her face. “What?” Louise said nearly choking on her food. “You mean I’m going to be a granddad?” Dan said Annie nodded. “Dana dropped her fork and disappeared. Annie sighed. “I knew this would happen.” Annie said getting up. “Don’t worry dear, I’ll go.” Louise said getting up and disappeared to Dana’s room. “Dana, what’s the matter?” Louise said sitting down next to Dana. “Just leave me alone please.” Dana said turning away from her mother. “I’m not going anywhere knowing that Annie being pregnant bothers you since you lost year baby last year.” Louise said crossing her arms. “It doesn’t bother me.” Dana said looking at her mother with an expression of hate on her face. “I know it bothers you knowing that your sister is going to be a mother.” Louise said raising an eyebrow. “That’s not true. Annie thinks everything is about her. Just because she’s married to the Lil Wayne, she thinks everything should be about her and that the world revolves around her.” Dana said. “That’s not true and you know it, but if you want to stay up here and feel sorry for yourself instead of being happy for your sister, so be it.” Louise said and left.

Annie knew that her sister was clearly upset about her being pregnant, but it was out of her hands. What did Dana expect her to do? Abort the baby? There was no way in hell Annie was going to give this baby up. It would ruin her and Wayne’s relationship for good and she’ll end up losing him forever, and besides she’d fallen in love with her child as soon as she found out she was pregnant and so did Wayne as soon as she told him. “How is she?” Annie said looking at Louise seriously when she sat down at the dinner table again. “She’s feeling very sorry for herself.” Louise said picking her fork up and continued eating again. “I don’t blame her.” Annie said softly. “She’s just jealous.” Dan said shrugging. “She has every right to be.” Wayne said. “She just needs time to come to terms with the pregnancy.” Annie said placing her hand on her stomach. She felt guilty as hell for what she had done to her sister. She shouldve known that Dana would get jealous and flip out the way she did. Annie just hoped that Dana wouldn’t do anything stupid like she did the last time.