I Got You

Chapter 9

Annie and Wayne were getting ready for the arrival of their new baby girl, who was coming any time now. Dana kept her distance during Annie’s pregnancy. She still hadn’t accepted that her sister was going to be a mother and she wasn’t anymore. She envied the fact that her sister was going to be able to hold her baby, whilst she didn’t even get the chance to see her baby’s face.

Annie lay in her bed when she felt a warm liquid between her legs, followed by the worst cramps she’d ever felt before. “Wayne.” Annie whispered nudging him. He lay next to her fast asleep. “Wayne!” Annie shouted shaking him. He flinched. “Huh?” He said sitting up. “It’s time.” She said getting out of bed. “Time for what?” Wayne said still half asleep. “Wayne, the baby’s coming!” Annie shouted. “I know, but we have to wait until she decides its time for her to make her appearance so go back to sleep.” Wayne said and flopped back down onto his pillow. “Wayne!” Annie shouted getting impatient. “What is it now?” Wayne said sitting up. “The baby is coming. Now!” Annie shouted. “I know, we’ve just been through this.” Wayne said. “Oh for Christ’s sake Wayne take me to the hospital.” Annie said pulling the covers off of him. Annie cried out in pain and placed her hand on her stomach. “Oh God.” Wayne said and jumped out of bed sliding on a pair of jeans and a hoodie. Annie was in too much pain to dress herself. Wayne helped her slip his YMCMB hoodie that she stole on.

Annie and Wayne were both extremely nervous about the arrival of their daughter Cassandra. Annie started getting worried when the nurses took her away. “How are you feeling?” Wayne said running his hand across Annie’s sweaty forehead. “A little sore, but I’ll survive.” Annie said smiling weakly. Wayne smiled and kissed her shoulder. “Mr. and Mrs. Carter, would you like to meet your baby?” A nurse holding a baby said walking towards them. Annie’s face lit up when the nurse placed her baby in her arms. “Hi sweetie.” Annie said smiling down at her baby. “She’s perfect.” Wayne said. “Yeah.” Annie murmured.

Annie was lying in her hospital bed all alone staring at the ceiling when she heard the door open then close again. She was surprised to see her sister moving towards her. “Dana.” Annie said softly. “Hey.” Dana said sitting down on the chair next to her sister’s bed. “What are you doing here?” Annie asked sitting up. “Am I not allowed to come see my sister who has just given birth to my first niece?” Dana said with a smirk on her face. “Second.” Annie said raising an eyebrow. “Technically Reginae’s not my niece. She’s my step-niece and besides I never see her.” Dana said shrugging. “True.” Annie said. Annie and her sister spoke for hours until Wayne came back. “Hello Wayne.” Dana said smiling at him. “Hello Dana.” Wayne said sitting down. The door opened then closed again. A nurse appeared with a baby in her arms. “Come here baby.” Annie said extending her arms out to the nurse. The nurse carefully placed Cassandra in her mother’s arms. “Hey there, sweetheart.” Annie said kissing her baby’s cheek. Dana shifted in her seat. “Are you okay?” Wayne asked looking at her seriously. “Yeah I’m fine.” Dana said faking a smile. “Look Dana, if this makes you uncomfortable maybe you should leave.” Annie said holding her baby closer. “You’re right. I should go.” Dana said and left.