It's Complicated

Chapter 5

After Cita went to bed, Annie and Wayne continued working on their assignments. “What you working on?” Wayne said leaning towards Annie. “Nothing.” She said turning the page towards her. “Oh c’mon Annie, I let you see mine.” He said debating. “I don’t let anyone look at my poetry.” She said crossing her arms. “Then just read it to me.” He said persisting. “You’re not gonna leave me alone until I read it to you. Are you?” She said raising an eyebrow. “Nope.” Wayne said smiling. Annie rolled her eyes. “Fine, but now judging.” She said looking at him seriously. He shook his head and crossed his heart. Annie drew a deep breath.
 
“He’s a rapper with a secret
It’s too dark for me to figure out
I don’t want him to tell me
But I don’t want him to hide it
His eyes are deep brown and hide pain
That beautiful smile
That shimmers in the dark
He hides behind
This rapper stole my heart
But I’d never admit that I like him
His dreads hang past his shoulders
They carry secrets of before
But I love him regardless
 
They say his bad news
That I should stay away from him
But he lures me
Like a moth to a flame
I lost myself in his flame
His flame is his eyes
His flame is his smile
His flames is his soul
 
So I’ll tell you again
He’s a rapper with a secret
It’s too dark for me to figure out
I don’t want him to tell me
B
But I don’t want him to hide it
His eyes are deep brown and hide pain
That beautiful smile
That shimmers in the dark
He hides behind
This rapper stole my heart
But I’d never admit that I like him
His dreads hang past his shoulders
They carry secrets of before
But I love him regardless
And he’s stolen my heart.”
 
Annie paused afraid of what Wayne might say next. You wrote that about me, didn’t you?” He said looking at her seriously. She nodded slowly. “It’s amazing.” He said smiling. “Think so?” She said looking at him nervously. He nodded. “Do you really mean what you say when you say that ‘he’s stolen my heart’?” He asked looking at her seriously. She nodded. “Yeah but it doesn’t even matter.” She said looking away. “Why’s that?” He said turning her head to look at him. “Because, you’re with Jenna.” She said trailing off. “No I’m not.” He said. “Then why were you making out with her?” She said raising an eyebrow. “She still thinks we’re together, but trust me we’re not.” He said looking at her seriously. Annie fell silent for a moment and looked away. Wayne grabbed her head between his hands and kissed her hard. Annie was lost in the moment, her heart leaped, her stomach flipped and her world started spinning. She pulled back and looked into Wayne’s eyes. He bit his bottom lip and kissed her again. Annie got onto her knees and pulled Wayne against her. They fucked for what felt like forever. Wayne was so sweet and so caring. For the first time in Annie’s life, she felt both loved and needed.