Youtube University

Chapter 13

Phil and I left the dorms and headed into town. We spent the morning laughing and joking around shopping and trying on different outfits, each one getting more and more ridiculous. At about 12 we were starting to get hungry so we headed into a small café down the road from where we were shopping.
“So Taylor what do you want to eat” Phil asked. My eyes scanned the menu, even though I already knew what I was having from first glance.
“I’m thinking… the blue burger” I answer. The blue burger is a burger that has blue cheese and is slightly rare still and it sounded delicious.
“I think I will have the regular fully cooked burger” Phil told me. The waitress then took that moment to bustle over to take our orders.
“What can I getcha” She asked Phil in a slow southern drawl quite clearly trying to flirt with Phil.
“Can I get the regular burger for me and the blue burger for my date please” he said looking up from his menu. She turned to glare at me before taking our menus and storming off. “Well she wasn’t very nice” Phil stated and I tried to hold in a giggle but I was unsuccessful
“Phil she was trying to flirt with you but then you mentioned I was your date, could you really not tell?”
“I was too busy focusing on you I guess I didn’t really notice” he shrugged it off and yet to me something so simple to him was absolutely amazing to me. Once our lunch arrived we ate quickly chatting about the most random things we could think of. We then continued our date in a park a couple of streets away from the main part of town where we spent the rest of the day watching clouds roll past while laying side by side in the grass.
It was about five o’clock when it started to rain so we quickly ran under a couple of trees for cover. I looked out into the cold winter rain mesmerised by the patterns it made as it fell. I was about to run out into it when Phil beat me to it, he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. We were out in the rain for half an hour dancing to the sound of the droplets hitting the ground, when I slipped taking Phil with me he landed on top of me and we burst out laughing and he rolled off of me so we were lying side by side on the soaking grass. I looked into his bright blue realising just how close we actually were, I was about to turn away like my usual awkward self when Phil grabbed my face preventing me from looking anywhere else and he moved closer. I bit my lip and met his gaze once more and then he kissed me and it was perfect.