Youtube University

Chapter 17

Christmas with my family was fun. We got up rather early and opened presents I got ps3 a new game and some money to got to America with off of my mom and dad, my sister got me a charmed box-set because it had been my favourite show since I was little and I got money off of most of my family. I set up my play station and played on Black ops for a while before finally deciding to pack for the flight tomorrow. The temperature in LA was supposed to be in the teens so I packed my jeans, some nice tops, some lounge around tops, my pyjamas, underwear (obviously) and some going out dresses. I went downstairs to grab some shoes to put in the suitcase and decide what to wear traveling. It was about an hour before I was fully packed. I picked up my friends Christmas presents and put them in my hand luggage along with my 3DS, Kindle, phone, my purse, my passport and of course the tickets.
“Amy, dinners on the table” my dad’s voice boomed up the stairs. I zipped up my suitcase and ran down the stairs. We ate dinner making comfortable small talk and once we’d finished and washed the dishes my mom came upstairs to check my packing.
“Okay so have you got your chargers?” I nod “Ten days’ worth of clothes?” again I nod. “Underwear? Passport? Tickets? Toiletries? Phone?” I just nod “Okay that should be everything you need. Be good okay listen to Phil and look after yourself.” She said as she pulled me into a hug “just be careful”
“I will mum don’t worry Dan, Phil, Carrie, Alex and Taylor would never let anything happen to me” I assure her hugging her back. She then leaves my room and I go back to playing Black ops for a while until I inevitably get bored and go on my Laptop. I reblogged some people on Tumblr, follow some that reblogged the ridiculous outfit video and then clicked on youtube. I went to check the analytics of my new video an I was overwhelmed it is my most view video yet, it has only be up for just over a week and it has 500,000 views that’s 300,000 more views than I have subscribers. I reply to some of the comments and then shut down my laptop seen as the flight is at 5am tomorrow and it is 11hours. I put my laptop in my suitcase and turn off the lights.
My alarm sounded at three the next morning and I swear to god in that moment I was ready to kill Taylor and Carrie for getting such an early flight but then I remembered they would probably be even pissier than I am and I felt so sorry for Dan and Phil they never get up before two in the afternoon if they can help it.
I drag myself out of bed and downstairs to make some food of some sort but I really can’t be bothered so I grab a banana and start back up the stairs when there is a knock at the door. I walk back down the stairs grab my keys and unlock the door.
“Good morning star shine” Dan and Phil whisper yell at me
“Afternoon” I answer grumpily “I thought we were meeting at the airport in a couple of hours, also how the hell are you guys so cheery at waking up this early?”
“Who says we slept?” Dan smiles letting his dimples show. God he is so cute, in a platonic he is just my friend way. At this point I came to the realisation I have no make-up on and my hair is all over the place
“Go sit down I will be back in a minute.” I say as I run up the stairs I grab my makeup bag and swiftly put on eye-liner and mascara I brush out my hair and throw on my traveling clothes. I decided on jeans and my ‘Shrek the musical’ t-shirt it is a pink dragon and it is awesome. I brush my teeth and throw my makeup in my bag. I grab my suitcase and hand luggage and take it all downstairs. At some point when I was getting ready my mom had woken up and started harassing Phil again I just laughed and went to sit by Dan. We sat talking until there was a knock at the door and Taylor burst in.
“Good morning Chambers family” she sang. Is everyone cheerier than me this morning? Her eyes feel on feel and her face lit up even further. She ran over to him, sat on his lap and kissed him.
“Right so shall we get going then?” Mom asked as she was dropping us at the airport we all nodded and stood up collecting our respective luggage and heading out the door. I put my luggage in the boot a stifled a yawn. I climbed into the front seat, which in retrospect I should have given to Dan or Phil so they wouldn’t be as squished but oh well the airport was only half an hour away. We quickly arrived at the airport and clambered out of the car. We carted our luggage across to the entrance and find Carrie and Alex standing there already, they wave at us and we head over I get the tickets out of my bag, hand them to their respective people and we head to check in. we get our bags weighed and are given tags for our hand luggage we get the seats with the extra leg room for Dan and Phil so we will be right over the wing.
We go through security and head into duty free, seen as we have over two hours to waste we decide to play hide and seek in the duty free store because it is massive. Dan is on so he stands at the entrance and the rest of us run off in different directions. I run into the stuff toy section and hide on one of the shelves behind some teddies and decide to vlog.
“So hey there youtube, today I am heading to America for ten days with a couple of friends, currently I am hiding in duty free because we are playing hide and seek just because we can. I am hiding behind a massive pile of stuffed toys waiting for Dan to come find me. Taylor just text me to tell me that she, Alex and Carrie have all been caught so it’s between me and Phil so I’m going to stop talking now.” I kept the camera on for the whole time I was hiding just so they could see how well I was hiding when I heard a voice outside the Teddies.
“Right so I just have to find Amy now” It was Dan. There was a long pause between the next time he spoke “I am in the teddy section it is the place I haven’t looked yet so she has to be here somewhere” another pause “no I’ve got it you guys go sit down or something bye Phil”. Some teddies near me shift and my breath hitches I point the camera to where they are moving just as Dan’s face pokes through the hole.
“afternoon dear” He laughs
“Oh my god you pervert get out my house” I screech making him laugh more he moves more teddies out the way and picks me up bridal style. He starts carrying me to where I assume the others are sat
“Dan Hun?”
“Yes Amy?”
“We have had this conversation about me being able to walk.”
“Yes, yes we have” He says still not letting me down. I turn off my camera and put it in my hand luggage. We reach the others and Dan sits down still not letting me out of his grasp but I don’t mind there’s nowhere else to sit anyway.
“So do you guys want your Christmas presents or should I keep them?” I ask.
“Want” they yell in unison.
“Wow Jesus Christ guys, my poor ears weren’t ready for that but here you are you loud bastards” I handed each of them there presents, got my camera out to vlog them and they unwrapped them. Taylor got a lot of Thor merchandise, Carrie got a new Ukulele, Alex got some cards to improve his sales pitch as a joke and a new shirt, Phil got three lion teddies of varying size and I gave Dan a ridiculous leather shirt and some Delia cookbooks as a joke. They all said thank you. Then Dan handed me another present, I handed the vlogging camera to Taylor and unwrapped the small box Dan gave me, inside was a beautiful necklace with a camera charm attached, there was an inscription on the back that read ‘never stop being picture perfect – Dan’ I hugged him tightly and Taylor switched off the camera.
“Oh my god Dan this is so sweet thank you so much” I gushed.
“Ha-ha your welcome” he answered with a silly grin on his face
“I really wish I had gotten you something better now”
“Your gift was perfect Amy” someone coughed and I finally let go of Dan to see Luke standing there. Which is when I remembered I hadn’t spoken to him about him kissing his fans, technically we were still dating…