Youtube University

Chapter 30

“Hi there” I whispered.

“Hey” he breathed back.

“So um… maybe you should err… put me down?” I suggested.

“I dunno I kinda like the view” he said staring into my eyes. His eyes really were the most amazing green.

“Oh err… okay then, but your arms will get tired eventually”

“You know I don’t think I mind” He purred moving our faces closer.

I wriggled out of his arms and stood back up.

“I’m sorry… I can’t” I apologised

“It’s okay, I shouldn’t have just…”

“No it wasn’t you, it’s just” I started but he cut me off.

“It’s Dan isn’t it?”

“No it’s just, I’m not over my ex and… wait, what about Dan?”

“Well Dan likes you and I thought it might be because you liked him back” Dalton said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

‘“Dan doesn’t like me, we are just really good friends” I state trying to reassure myself more than Dalton.

“Really? Because the way that he looks at you and gets jealous all the time could have fooled me. Especially seen as when I said I was staying with you today he kept saying to Taylor that he should stay and as it turns out I’m apparently one of your celebrity crushes.” He winked at me when he said the last part causing me to blush.

“Oh” was all I could manage to get out of my mouth.

“I thought you knew… Everyone else knows.” He told me but I still couldn’t manage to form words. “Come on let’s go inside and watch a movie or something.” He grabbed my hand pulling me to the side of the pool.

By the time we got back to the hotel room I had mostly returned to normal. Dalton flopped down on the couch I put the movie in, we had decided on Iron man. I settled myself next to Dalton and pressed play however halfway through the film I fell asleep, can you blame me though? Swimming is draining and I still had jetlag.

I was very rudely awoken by being poked in the cheek, I opened my eyes expecting it to have been Dalton but came face to face with Taylor.

“Why are you so close to my face” I groaned.

“Why are you so close to Dalton?” She said wriggling her eyebrows at me. I looked up to find I had been resting on Dalton’s shoulder, his arm around me.

“Trust me we are just friends, but I really need to talk to you” I untangled myself from Dalton’s grip, grabbed Taylors hand and pulled her into mine and Carrie’s room.

“HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME DAN LIKED ME!” I whisper yelled.

“I’M SORRY I JUST ENJOYED NOT BEING THE COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS ONE FOR ONCE, I MEAN ITS SOOOO OBVIOUS! How did you find out anyway?”

(A/N italics mean barely audible)

“Dalton told me after trying to kiss me and me saying I couldn’t” I said fading out the last part.

“See that’s how obvious it was, people we only just met can see it. AND WHAT WAS THAT LAST PART!?”

“Oh uh right…. DaltonwasgonnakissmeandIreallywantedtobutcouldn’tbecauseIonlyjustbrokeupwithluke” I poke as fast as possible hoping she wouldn’t ask me again.

“No I’m sorry imma need that at like half speed hunny”

I sighed and started over again “Dalton was gonna kiss me and I really wanted to but couldn’t because I only just broke up with Luke, he misread it and thought it was because I liked Dan”

“Oh… wow okay, you’ve had an eventful day. So what are you going to do now you know? I know you’ve always like Dan as well, so where is this going?” She asked.

“I don’t know” I answered back.