Youtube University

Chapter 4

Okay this was it, my first lesson, I had Chemistry. I was pretty good at science so I should be alright. I put on the outfit I had chosen for the day, a cute turquoise tank top with a Pikachu in the middle and light blue skinnies. I applied a layer of eye liner and backcombed the underneath of my hair, put on my converse and left. I locked my door I turned and ran straight into Dan.
“Well good morning to you too” he chuckled, flashing me his adorable smile.
“Sorry Dan” I blushed “what lesson you got?”
“I’m TA-ing this morning, I’m in chemistry” he replied
“Awesome that’s where I am” I smiled.
“Then allow me to escort you there” he said picking me up and putting me over his shoulder then carrying me down stairs.
“Dan Hun?”
“Yes Amy”
“You know I can walk right?” I laugh
“Yes” he answers but continues carrying me I just laugh
“Can we grab an apple or something on the way out? Also this is getting uncomfortable can I have a piggyback if you insist on carrying me?” I aske
“Sure” he walks over to the fruit bowl and puts me on the counter. “Okay grab your fruit and hop on” he says turning his back to me I laugh and climb on.
On the way to chemistry we got a few weird looks from a few people but as it is a youtuber school after all they’re all use to it. Once we reached the lab Dan finally put me down and we walked into the room. I went and sat in the only available space in the room, next to the one and only Luke Brooks. Luke had been my youtuber crush for a while so this could be interesting.
”Hi, I’m Luke Brooks” he said extending his hand. I took it trying to look as calm as possible.
“Amy, Amy Chambers, I arrived yesterday” thankfully I sounded a lot calmer than I felt. I sat down and the teacher started the lesson. He was rambling on about acidic qualities, when a note landed in front of me. It read: do you need any help catching up I can help you later tonight? It was from Luke. I nodded and then turned back to the front, Dan was pulling a stupid face at me from behind the teacher and it took all I had not to laugh. The next thing we had to do was get into pairs for an experiment. I looked around and saw everyone instantly making eye contact with a friend, everyone except me that is. I had given up all hope when I got tapped on the shoulder.
“So Chambers, need a partner” Luke grinned.
“Don’t you already have a partner?” I asked
“Yeah, you” he retorted cockily.
“You’re on then, Mr Brooks” I smiled, having no idea where this sudden bout of confidence came from. We started the experiment but it didn’t go very well because we weren’t really paying attention so the teacher sent Dan over to help us.
“Hey Danny” I giggled; he gave me a weird look and then chuckled.
“Amy, you know you are meant to actually add the chemicals right?” he said trying to keep a straight face. Luke and I just looked at each other and burst out laughing
“Whoops” I laughed. After a while we managed to get the experiment finished and the class ended. Dan and I were walking back to the dorm when suddenly I was lifted again
“Dan Hun, is going to become a habit of yours?” I ask.
“No I just really want to show you somewhere” he answers.
“Then why can’t I walk?”
“Because” was all he said. He got to the base of a large tree at the very corner of the garden, a very empty corner.
“Dan? Why is this part of the garden so bare?” I enquire
“Because no ever uses it except me and now you. Come on we are going into the tree house but I don’t want to carry you encase I drop you.” I clambered up the ladder and into the tree house. The inside was breath taking Dan had obviously decorated it himself.
“Wow Dan this is really cool. Who else knows about this space?” I ask.
“No one, just you and I.” he answered
“Seriously? Not even Phil?” I asked shocked that no one else knew about such an amazing space.
“Not even Phil” he confirmed.
“Then why did you show it me? We have known each other for like a day”
“Yeah, but it feels like I’ve known you forever.” He responded. I went and sat on the large bean bag in the corner of the tree house and just talked.
“Dan I’m sorry I have to go meet Luke he said he would help me catch up in Chemistry” I apologized.
“I could have helped you” he said quietly.
“I know that but he offered and to tell you the truth, he is one of my youtuber crushes” I laughed and winked but I could have sworn for a fraction of a second I saw his face fall.
“Wait, one of the? Who are they others?” he asked. I smiled and shook my head.
“All in due time Daniel” I laugh and with that I climb out of the tree house and head to Luke’s dorm.