Shadows Kiss

Happy Halloween

A couple of weeks later I sat in the library alone face deep in a Bronte novel, when I began to hear the rattling of what sounded like chains from down the corridor. I looked up from the book and the sound stopped. I dismissed the sound and began to read again. Then it started up again. The boys had gone to Bat Country on important business and Sully had been working in the garden most of the day. So this left me wondering where the sound was coming from.

I closed the book, sitting it down on the table and pushed myself up from the couch. The rattling again stopped as I opened the door, then I could hear the sound of voices. Conversation was coming from another room on the same floor as the library, I just couldn't pinpoint the location. Slowly I crept into the hall trying to follow the voices. Everything became silent again and I turned to look back at the library. Suddenly a door slammed loudly. I jumped at the sound, turning to look back up the hall but seen nothing.

This was all becoming unnerving, and for someone who is not easily scared my heart was pounding. I took a deep breath deciding to move forward. "Who is there?" I called out. "Hello?" But there was never any response. I began to swing open every door along my path. I would take a moment to glance inside, but still nothing. My eyes grew wide and my heart rate increased when I heard the eerie, wicked sound of laughter from another part of the castle.

This time I was sure it had came from the landing of the staircase. I felt scared and vulnerable. I thought back to overhearing the boys in hushed conversation a few nights ago, about something might be coming for me. The incident with my mother, or who at the time I thought was my mother, had rattled them. I didn't hear all of the conversation nor did I understand most of what I did hear, all I knew was something was supposed to be coming for me. But this was something they had chosen not to discuss with me.

I looked around the room for some sort of defense. I walked over to one of the many mounted armor suits Sully had about the castle. I pulled the sword from it's place with the fake armored man and made my way silently down the hall. The chains started again and I followed the sound. I was doing my best to control my breathing and steady my thoughts. Even though I was trying so hard to be brave, the truth was, I was terrified. If this was something evil, what if I couldn't fight it off? What if I wasn't strong enough? And the boys weren't here to save me this time.

I crept around the corner of the landing, not seeing anything. I heard the sound of creaking footsteps moving up the stairs. I closed my eyes taking a final breath, then with my sword out in front of me I jumped out in front of the grand staircase. There I could see a cloaked figure. His hood shrouded his face, and he was completely still on the stairs. "Who are you?" I yelled.

Suddenly the sword was knocked from my hands, making a loud clanging noise on the floor. I let out a shriek when someone grabbed me from behind. I did my best to fight them off, but their grip only tightened. A hand was placed over my mouth to drown out my screams. The man on the stairs continued his climb up them and was coming for me. He picked up my sword and slowly moved across the landing to where I was held by his partner.

I thrashed my body about, still trying to fight. The cloaked man was now only about a foot away from me. He stood there a moment looking me over, while I stared back at him with wide eyes, filled with terror. Suddenly he pulled his hood down, revealing a familiar face....it was Brian. He started laughing wildly.

I was released by the other and I whirled around to see the other hood removed, revealing Jimmy. He too burst into wicked laughter. "We got you so good!"

"You should have seen your face!" Brian screamed as he continued to howl with delight.

"I can't fucking believe you guys! You scared the holy hell out of me!" I yelled at them, angry with their prank. "Don't you ever do that again!" I smacked them both in the chest as hard as I could, only causing them to laugh louder. "Do you hear me?"

"Yeah, yeah! That was funny as shit and you know it!" Brian chuckled.

Matt came bolting up the stairs, "What's going on? And why are you guys dressed like that?" He looked his friends over.

"We scared Alice!" Jimmy beamed, then quickly giving his friend the run down of events.

I stood with my arms crossed over my chest, still annoyed with them. Matt had a small laugh at my expense and I rolled my eyes. "You guys didn't scare me, I just wasn't expecting you there."

"Oh whatever Alice! You were terrified!" Brian huffed. "She even brought this with her!" He held out the sword to Matt, who glanced down at it with a smile. "You could have really did some damage." His brown eyes turned back to me.

"Yeah, well, if people didn't act like idiots around here then that wouldn't be an issue now would it?" I shot the dark haired guitarist a look.

"Maybe you should have did some damage, taught these jerks a lesson." Matt responded.

"I think you're right" I smiled up at him. "What are you guys doing home anyway? I thought you had gone to Bat Country."

"We did, we've been home for about an hour though." He informed me.

"Why didn't you come get me?"

"You looked so peaceful reading your Bronte book, I didn't want to interrupt."

"I never even heard you come in." I stared up at him in wonder.

"I only peaked through the door."

"Still..." I whispered.

"Still, a vampire." Matt whispered back to me, placing a soft kiss on my lips. "But we also wanted to surprise you with something."

"A surprise?" I was confused.

"Do you know what today is love?" He wrapped an arm around me and headed for the stairs.

"It's the first day of October and another day closer to Halloween!" I squealed with delight.

"Exactly!" He smiled to my excitement. "I know it's your favorite holiday and I remembered you saying that every year you put up your decorations on the first of October."

"Mmhmm." I nodded.

"Well..." He stopped halfway down the stairs and waved an arm out to everything below. All throughout the castle there were beautifully scary decorations. Fake cobwebs were strewn about with creepy spiders dangling inside. Terrifying skeletons were locked in cages hanging from the ceiling. Moaning, groaning ghosts peaked around every corner. A life-sized werewolf with glowing eyes howled from the hall beside the parlor. Bats hung all around the chandeliers. And pumpkins, black cats, and tombstones could be found all throughout the castle.

My eyes grew wide and I covered my mouth as I stared down at it all in disbelief. "Oh my gods! You did all of this?" A glorious smile broke across my face as I looked back up to him.

"Well me and the guys." He looked back to the boys.

"I only have one question. Where are the witches and vampires? No Halloween is complete without them." I pondered.

"Who needs fakes when you already have the real thing?" Brian smirked.

"What do you think Alice?" I heard Johnny call from below.

I turned to see him, Zack, and Sully all smiling up to me. "It's incredible! You guys did an amazing job!" I gushed.

"You really like it?" Zacky asked.

"Are you kidding me? I love it!" I wrapped my arms tightly around Matt's neck. "Thank you so much! You are really the best!"

He had a chuckle at my excitement, pulling me in close for a warm embrace. "I'm glad you like it baby. I just wanted to make you smile."

"You definitely did!"

"There's one more thing."

"Okay." I waited.

"We are going to the Aunts Halloween Party!" All the guys yelled at the same time.

"What!?!?! We are?" I gasped.

"Yup!" Jimmy nodded. "You know we couldn't let you miss it!"

"Oh guys, this is going to be the best Halloween ever!"

.................................................................................................................................................

A couple weeks had gone by and I had been hard at work on my costume. I couldn't wait to reveal it the night of the big party. I had also been practicing all sorts of spooktacular sweets to make for the event. So far this had been the best October I could ever remember. The guys and I had, had so much fun together.

That morning I had woken up at 3 am, our flight wasn't until 5 but the anticipation was killing me. I was already packed and ready to go, I had been for several days now. I rolled over to see Matt already awake and looking at me with a grin. "Good morning, sleeping beauty."

"Good morning, my dark Prince." I curled up to him, giving him a deep kiss.

He let out a small growl, rolling over on his side. He entangled his fingers through my hair, kissing down my neck, then along my collarbone. Again he came back to my mouth, smothering me in heavy kisses. He leaned me back into the mountain of pillows, rising over me. One hand roamed along my body, caressing my skin gently. He pushed his hand between my thighs, pushing them open. His hand brushed back up my thigh slowly, taunting me. Then his fingers slid under my panties finding the spot. Slowly he moved them in a circular motion. I let out a moan of ecstasy as I threw my head back deeper into the pillows. "Mmmm...." Again he growled.

His fingers moved down lower, as he slid them slowly deep inside me. "Oh Matt." I panted, looking up to him. He began to move them in and out faster and faster, a little deeper each time in response to my calls. A few moments later I had nearly reach my breaking point. I grabbed his hand pulling it free from my underwear. He turned to face me, alerted by my actions.

I pulled myself upright, pushing him back down on the bed. "I need you, now." My eyes were fiery with lust, looking deep into his.

"Mmm, do you?" His deep voice purred seductively up to me. His body laid outstretched along the huge bed. And the sight of his magnificent body was breathtaking. "Come to me." He whispered, and I obeyed. I climbed on top of him, leaning down for another passionate kiss. He gripped my hips tightly, sliding himself in place inside me. "Damn baby." I began to move over him, finding my rhythm. I watched as his eyes rolled to the back of his head and his mouth hung open, as he let out a slow, deep moan.

I felt his body tense up beneath me and he gripped my hips even tighter. I quickened my pace, bracing myself for the grand finale. Keeping one hand on my hip, his other reach out and grabbed my hand. He pulled my hand up to him, placing it on his heart and resting his hand on top of mine. I smiled down to him, feeling my heart melt. In that moment I felt his soul reach out and touch mine. It was as if we were truly one. Suddenly we both cried out in satisfaction as we climaxed together.

I slowed my pace until my body became still. I lowered myself onto his chest, still panting from the incredible experience. I felt Matt gently brush my hair away from my face and back over my shoulder. He leaned up, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I love you Alice, always." I heard him whisper over me.

"I love you too Matt, always." I kissed his chest, nuzzling my face against him once more. I felt complete in his arms.

................................................................................................................................................

Later that day we had finally touched down in North Carolina and found ourselves right outside of the Aunts home. I nearly broke the handle attempting to break free of the limo. I took off in a sprint to get to my family, leaving the guys behind. Jasmine and Lavender stood on the porch, arms outstretched to me. "I've missed you guys so much!" I screamed, hugging them tight.

"We've missed you too!" Lavender said.

"We are so glad you could make it!" Jasmine smiled brightly. "Hello again boys!"

I turned to see the boys all standing in the yard, luggage in hand. "It's good to see you ladies again." Matt nodded to them sweetly.

"Come on in kids!" Jasmine waved a hand, taking off inside the house.

"Please do come in boys." Lav held the door open for them.

"Find your rooms, put your things away, we've got a party to get ready for!" Jasmine cheered.

"What time will everyone be here?" I asked.

"In about an hour." Lavender informed me.

I gasped. "An hour!?!? I've got to get ready!" I stampeded up the stairs to my room, slamming the door behind me, leaving the boys to fend for themselves. I could hear everyone laughing at me from the living room, but I couldn't wait to show off my costume. I had kept it a secret from the boys the whole time and I was dying to see their reaction.

I quickly got to work on my hair, creating loose spiral curls cascading all the way down my back. Then painted on my face, doing elegant makeup with a dark smokey eye and red lipstick. I put in my bright red contacts and added my gorgeous bat earrings with black crystals dangling in chandelier style from them. Lastly I pulled my gown from the bag and slid into it, zipping it up the back. It was a long, red gown, adorned with black spiderwebs throughout. It had long draping sleeves and the classic high collar surrounding my face.

I could hear the commotion coming from downstairs, causing my heart rate to quicken. "Alice honey, it's time!" I could hear Jasmine call.

"I'll be right down!" I looked myself over once more, smoothing down my dress and spraying my perfume. I grabbed the door handle, then suddenly remembering. "Oh!" I ran back to my vanity, opening the small black case and popping them in place. Then making another last minute decision I added another touch of makeup.

I headed for the stairs and began to make my decent, I peaked around the corner to see the Aunts, the boys, and all of my friends. I smiled to myself as I took the next step. The room broke out in gasps and cheers.

"Holy shit! Is she a vampire?" I heard Jimmy shriek.

"No way!" Zacky yelled.

I found my way to Matt and he took my hands in his. "Wow, you are stunning!"

I smiled brightly up to him, revealing my sharp fangs. "Thank you." I said while blushing.

"She even has fangs!" Brian shouted.

"Matt, I didn't know you had made your mark yet." Johnny teased, whispering so no one else could hear but us, pointing to the bite mark with blood dripping from my neck.

"You guys look great!" I looked around to all of them. Matt wore an elegant prince charming costume. Brian was clearly a 50's mafia man, wearing a white suite and a fedora. Johnny was a classic cowboy. Jimmy was a zombie, I was almost sure he was going for Billy from Hocus Pocus. Zacky wore a Ghost Busters suit, packed with equipment. And Sully go figure, was a wizard.

Jasmine and Lavender came running over, both in their usual costumes. They dressed as classic witches every year, each wearing creatively, hand crafted hats. "Well, isn't that humorous." Jasmine smirked at me.

"Oh Alice, you look lovely! Even as a vampire." Lavender joked.

"I thought it was cute." I laughed.

"Your father would die!" Jasmine rolled with laughter. "Be sure to send him a picture later."

"You're terrible!" Lavender swatted her sister's hand. "I'm not drunk enough for your mouth yet!"

"Drinks are this way kiddies!" Jasmine danced her way towards the kitchen for more whiskey, grabbing her sister's hand to accompany her.

I rolled my eyes at them and I couldn't contain my laughter. "Those ladies are something else." Brian watched them, clearly entertained.

I glanced around the room to see the girls I missed so much. They all came running to me with hugs and greetings. Sarah, Laura, and Kate were all here. "We have missed the hell out of you!" Sarah screamed.

"Likewise!" I laughed. "You all look amazing!" I looked them over with wide eyes. Sarah was the corpse bride. Laura was the bride of Frankenstein. And Kate was the bride of Chucky. "You're all brides, that's cute!"

"You know we like to match." Laura bumped her hip into mine.

"Who are you, the bride of Dracula?" Kate cocked an eyebrow.

I looked back over my costume. "Umm, well I was just kinda going for the vampire look."

"Actually love, I think that's a perfect name for your costume." Matt chuckled. "You know, that way you could all match."

"Right." I laughed at him. "Sure, that's exactly who I am." I smiled back to the girls. "So has anyone seen Anna?"

"I'm not sure that she's coming Alice." Laura admitted with a sad look.

"Oh?" I looked deep into her eyes.

"Yeah, you know." She glanced over to Brian quickly, then back to me.

"Oh right." I nodded.

"I'm sorry Alice." Brian spoke up. "Hey maybe I should just go. I can stay at the hot-"

"Don't be silly. It's fine. I just thought she would be here." I looked down at my feet, biting my bottom lip.

"Anyway, how have you guys been? It's been a while." Sarah changed the subject.

They all started to make conversation, when something outside of the window caught my eye. "I'll be right back." I informed my friends, taking off for the door. I stepped outside onto the porch, closing the door behind me. A small smile passed over my lips. "You came." I whispered. "I knew you would come."

There in the middle of the yard stood Anna. Her long purple gown was flowing in wind. Behind her hung gorgeous, sparkling wings. And her makeup was beautiful, mostly made up of bright colors and glitter, illuminating her breathtaking features in the moonlight. "You know I wanted to see you, I'm just afraid Alice." She spoke softly.

I walked across the porch and down into the grass to meet her. "I'm glad you're here." I wrapped my arms around her, giving her a tight hug.

"I've missed you Alice."

"I've missed you Anna." I pulled away, offering her a smile. "Come on, everything will be just fine." I held my hand out and with a deep sigh she placed her hand inside of mine. Together we walked across the yard and up the steps, into the house.

I drug her over to our group. "Hey everyone look who made it!" I yelled. Everyone began to cheer, running up to hug her. The guys were chatting wildly with her and the girls chimed in here and there. I glanced across the room to see Brian leaning against the door frame to the hall, watching Anna's every move.

I left everyone in the cloud of excitement, walking over to Brian. "Hey you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess so." He shrugged, staring down at the floor.

"Why don't you go say hello?"

"Right." He huffed. "Like Anna wants to hear anything from me. The last time I saw her she said she never wanted to see me again, remember?"

"She was really hurt then Bri. Some time has went by now, she might feel differently ya know?" I nudged him a little.

He let out a deep sigh. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. After all I don't want to seem rude." He began to walk across the room to join the group and I followed behind. Everyone was still rambling on about this and that. Suddenly Brian cleared his throat and everyone became silent. "Hello Anna."

Anna stopped in mid-conversation as she looked up to the tall guitarist before her. Her eyes met his then, "Umm, hi Syn." She mumbled.

"Are you enjoying the party?" He asked nervously, with all eyes on him.

"I am." She nodded.

"Or was." Zacky whispered with a chuckle. I elbowed him hard in the ribs, causing him to spit out the drink he had just took a sip from. "Ouch!" I shot him a look as he continued to rub his rib cage and turned away, taking another sip of his drink.

"Look Anna, I know it's been a while but-" Brian began.

"I'm going to go get something to drink. It was nice seeing you again Syn." Anna walked away in a hurry.

"Ughh." Brian covered his face with his hand, feeling aggravated and embarrassed. "Told you." He looked at me between two fingers.

"I'm sorry Bri." I patted him on the back.

"She won't even call me by my name now." He sighed.

"Everyone gather out back! It's time to carve pumpkins!" I heard Lavender call from the kitchen.

The rest of the night went on as we all carved pumpkins, played games, told stories, and did all kinds of spooky fun things. Things were a bit awkward as Anna tried to steer clear of Brian and he spent most of the night moping about. But besides that it seemed everyone was enjoying the party.

Everyone was mingling when Matt took me out on the back porch. I stood in front of him with his arms wrapped around me tightly looking up at the moon. "Are you having fun baby?" Matt asked.

"Yes darling, I'm having a wonderful time. Thank you so much for doing this. It means the world to me honestly."

"Well you mean the world to me."

"Are you having fun Matt?"

"I'm always having a good time if I'm with you." I rubbed my hands down his arms, smiling at his words. "Alice, there is something I have been wanting to ask you."

"Yes?" I turned to face him. He seemed nervous.

"Alice! Come help me! Lavender is running naked in the front yard again!" Jasmine yelled out.

"Ughh, hold that thought." I stretched up on my tiptoes giving him a small kiss, then taking off to assist Jasmine with Aunt Lav. I felt horrible. Matt had done all this for me and all night long he had been trying to get a moment alone with me, yet someone always seemed to interrupt.

After dealing with Lav's drunken state, I was searching through the crowd for Matt. Finally I found him leaned against the wall in the corner talking with Kate, Laura, and Jim. "Hey you." I grabbed his hand.

"Hey." He followed me through the sea of people and up the stairs. "Where are we going?"

"To my room, so you can finish that thought."

"Oh okay."

Once inside I took a seat on the bed as Matt shut the door and came walking over to me. "Okay let's try again." He laughed. "Alice, do you have any idea how much I love you?"

"I'm hoping it's just as much as I love you."

"No, it's more than that."

"Impossible!"

We both laughed. "I meant what I said out there, you do mean the world to me. Since meeting you my whole life has changed. I want you forever and always. There just isn't anyone else for-" Suddenly the door to my bedroom swung open and in fell Jimmy and Zacky still wrestling once on the other side of the door. My eyes grew wide as I watched them fight, kick, and punch. "Guys!" Matt yelled.

"Let em go, they're drunk!" Johnny came walking in. "They've been at it for a while now. It's all in good fun." He raised his beer, staggering about.

"I'm sorry." Matt sighed to me.

I put a finger under his chin, lifting his face to mine. "It's okay baby." I kissed him. "Looks like it's just not meant to be tonight. We will talk when we get home, I promise."

"Yeah, okay." He nodded, looking defeated.

"I'm gonna go check on Anna." I slid my feet to the floor.

Once downstairs I glanced around not seeing her anywhere. I stepped out the front door, still no sight of her. I went back through the house looking out the back door, nothing. Maybe she had already gone home. I walked to the kitchen, filling a glass of water and taking a sip. I leaned against the sink looking out the window. That's when I noticed them. There in the garden I could see Brian and Anna sitting side by side on a bench. And they were talking, actually talking. I smiled to myself, emptying the glass and heading back upstairs for bed. This had been the best Halloween party ever, but now I was extremely exhausted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys I just wanna apologize for this poorly written chapter. I have had so much going on these last couple of days. And after promising you a Halloween chapter I went back over my notes, only to realize I had already written a chapter that would conflict with what I was going to attempt to do with this one. I was just gonna scratch the whole chapter, but I had already promised you. So I did my best to come up with something. Again I apologize, but I can promise you the next one is the moment you've all been waiting for. So stay tuned! Oh and one more thing, Happy Halloween! I hope you all have a spooktacular time!

Love and Deathbats,

-Lady*Shadows-