Shadows Kiss

The Night Of Our Lives

A couple of hours later we were sitting in the front row at an empty arena while the boys performed a special concert just for us, a.k.a. sound check. We all sat bobbing our heads to the beat and singing along, totally entranced by the music. When Critical Acclaim came to an end we all stood, cheering loudly. Matt turned to us, smiling brightly, "How did that sound?"

"Sounded great baby!" I called out to him.

"Good, I'm glad you liked it." He gave me a sexy wink.

After sound check we all ordered some food and pigged out. Then we got to go backstage and get all dolled up for the show. I decided to go with a sexy low cut purple top with studs down the front, with some super tight jeans, adorable black high heeled boots, big crazy rocker hair, and dramatic makeup. Yeah, that was my idea of hottness. While the girls were doing some last minute touches I decided to sneak off to see Matt one last time before the show started.

I knocked on the door with a huge 'A7X Only!' sign on the outside. A man with long black hair and sleeves of tattoos slowly opened the door, "Can I help you Miss?"

"Hi, I was wondering if I could see Matthew." I said with a sweet smile.

"Sorry Miss, but I can't let you in here." He started to shut the door.

"Wait I-"

"Look lady, you're beautiful, don't get me wrong. Shadows would be super lucky to spend a night with you. And even though you think that you and Matt are meant to be and what not I can't let you in this room. Maybe if you are lucky you can score a backstage pass and get to meet him after. But right now we have a show to get ready for and only about ten minutes to do it in." He shut the door in my face.

I knocked again, feeling my patience wavering. Again he opened the door, looking at me then rolling his blue eyes. "Listen bitch-"

"No, you listen dick! Matt is my boyfriend and I'm sure he would be happy to see me. I only want to come say hello and give him a good luck kiss before he goes out there. I do have a pass, unfortunately I left it in my dressing room, and let me tell you something! These heels are ridiculously painful but they are hot as hell, so I am not walking all the way back down the fucking corridor just to get a fucking piece of laminated paper! Now open the fucking door before I kick your ass!"

"Is that Alice?" I heard Johnny say from inside the room.

"Oh fuck I hope not!" The Rev said, worry in his beautiful eyes, because of the angry voice being heard from outside.

"Crazy bitch, I know you would like to think that Shadows is your boyfriend, but-"

"Okay now this is just getting fucking ridiculous! Would you just go get the man and let him see me, he will fucking tell you who I am."

"Oh shit, yeah that's Alice and she is pissed!" I heard Zacky's voice then, "Syn go get Matt!"

Suddenly Zacky's sweet face appeared in the doorway. "Oh thank gods!" I put a hand on my chest, almost ready for a bitch fit.

"Dude what the fuck are you doing?" Zacky looked to the man at the door. "This is Lady Shadows, Matt's girlfriend. You are to treat her with the utmost respect! She shouldn't even have to knock on this fuckin door! I can't believe this." He looked to the ground shaking his head, "Matt is gonna kick your ass when he finds out about this!"

"I'm sorry Mr. Vengeance! I am so sorry Lady Shadows, I had no idea!" The man turned to me.

"Yeah fuck you dick! No need to kiss my ass now." I rolled my eyes.

"What is going on?" Matt appeared in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist, holding his arms out to me.

"This fuckin asshole wouldn't let me in to come see you. He thought I was some crazy person or some shit." I explained to him.

"What the fuck Rick?" He unleashed his fury on the short man in the doorway, "I told you my girl might come to see me! I gave you a picture of her and everything! So you would know who she was! You don't ever talk to my girl like that ever! Do you hear me? If she wants to see me, I don't give a fuck if I am in the middle of a show, you fuckin let her through! From now on you stay out of her fuckin way, got it?"

"Yes, Sir. Sir, I am so sorry. I forgot! I had no idea! I swear! It's hard getting used to the thought of you having a girlfriend that's all and you know how it is out here." He laughed nervously. "Really I apologize Lady Shadows, please forgive me." He knelt down at my feet, hands bound together, looking up to me for forgiveness like I was some kind of goddess.

"Get the fuck up, I already told you there is no need for that kind of shit now. It's pointless." He was silent still looking up at me. The boys were quiet, fear in their eyes for the man before me. "Come on get the fuck up, I said! I'm no fucking god, you don't need my forgiveness."

He stood and turned to Matt, clearly confused as to what he was supposed to do now. "What the fuck are you looking at? Get to fucking work! Because of the time you have wasted we only have about five minutes left to start the show. So get your ass in gear and get everything set up out there!" Matt yelled at him, his loud voice echoing through the hallway.

"Yes Sir! You got it, your highness." He took off running as fast as he could down the hallway.

"God baby, I am so sorry." Matt pulled me close and kissed me passionately.

"It's okay, it's not your fault. I didn't need your help though, I could have kicked his ass." I smiled up at him.

"I believe that!" The Rev chuckled.

"I know you would have." Matt smiled letting his dimples show, "I'm glad you're here."

"I wanted to come say hello before you went out there and to wish you good luck."

"You are too sweet." He kissed me again, then taking my hand to lead me inside to his private dressing room.

"Well honey, you only have about three minutes left now."

"Yeah, so?" He gave me a sultry look.

"No, no! I was thinking more like you better get some pants on before you head out." I laughed, as he slowly crept closer.

"Oh right!" He chuckled, "I probably should. Because all of this," He let the towel drop from is muscular figure, "belongs to you now." He pushed himself up against me and kissed me wildly, almost savage.

"Oh baby stop." I was panting already, "Really, go get your sexy ass dressed. Don't keep your fans waiting."

"Okay, okay." He pulled away and walked back to the closet where his clothes hung. "I know you're right. Because once I start with you, I can't stop." He shot me another evil grin.

"I know." I giggled, as he began to button up his pants.

I stepped outside of his room and back into the main dressing room. Zacky sat strumming his guitar, Johnny was spiking his mohawk one more time, Syn was checking himself out in another mirror, and The Rev was hitting his drum sticks on the makeup table.

"Hey guys." I smiled at them.

"Hey!" They all answered enthusiastically, standing to meet me in the center of the room.

"You guys are going to be great out there."

"You really think so?" Johnny questioned.

"I know so babe. I have seen you enough to know that you are always great." I encouraged.

"You are so nice to us." Syn smiled.

"Because I love you guys! You are the best!" I beamed. We all shared a group hug.

"Okay guys, it's that time!" A man poked his head in the door and was gone as quick as he came.

"Okay well good luck out there, even though I know you don't need it." I tightened Zacky's bow tie.

"Bye Alice." He kissed my cheek and gave me a tight squeeze.

"Bye!" Johnny hugged me.

"Bye baby!"

"See you after the show." Syn kissed my cheek and gave me a quick hug.

"Okay see ya!"

"Enjoy the show!" The Rev picked me and spun me around then placed my feet back on the ground.

"Wow! Okay!" I laughed.

"Okay, let's go." Matt grabbed my hand.

"Wait, what are we doing?" I was confused.

"You are coming with me."

"With you where?" I looked up at him in horror.

"On stage. I am going to introduce you to all my fans."

"What?!?! You are joking right?" My heart rate increased and I could feel myself starting to panic.

"No, I want them to meet you."

"No, oh gods Matt, no! I can't do this, I just can't do this!" I tried to pull away.

"Yes you can! I will be there with you every step of the way." He pulled me forward, keeping his quick pace down the hall.

We were almost to the stage, I could hear Rev's drum beats louder and louder. I could hear the screams of millions of fans awaiting us at the other side of that curtain. I could hear the organ music begin to play. I could even see the smoke creeping from the bottom of the curtain. Fuck, I was having a heart attack. I couldn't do this. I am shy in front of thirty people, how could I do this? What if I fell? What if I did something stupid? With all these people watching my every move.

A man was standing beside the curtain holding a mic in his hand. Matt grabbed it without a word and gripped my hand harder and pulled me through to the other side, on to the stage with him. "What the fuck's up Long Beach?" The crowd went crazy at his presence upon the stage. "How the fuck yall doin tonight?" Again the screams were so loud they could burst your ear drums.

"Good to hear, good to hear! You know, I am so happy to be back in Long Beach! Southern California is my favorite place to be in the whole goddamned world!" The crowd cheered again. "I was thinking, since I am in my favorite place in the fuckin world, now would be the perfect time to introduce my favorite person in the fuckin world! So get the fuck up and give a big, warm welcome to the lovely Lady Shadows!" He bowed down to me.

Oh gods this was it, I was going to have a heart attack now. I was just going to die here. Remembering the lights and the smoke, the massive sea of people, this would be my final memory of life in this realm. Then I heard an amazing outburst of cheering from the crowd. Oh my gods....they were cheering, they were actually cheering for me? Really? I stared out into the sea of people nervously with a smile as I held onto Matt's hand, then turning to look up at him.

Everyone was throwing their horns about and jumping up and down. "Fuckin beautiful isn't she?" They cheered again and I blushed. "I can now say that I am the luckiest man in the whole goddamned world! I have a job where I get to do what I love every fuckin day, I get to hang out with my best friends every day, who are without a doubt, the best friends a guy could ever ask for, I have a band that is very successful, we have the greatest fans in the whole world, and just when I thought things couldn't get any better," He stopped and turned to me, that big, amazing smile covering his face, "in walked the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. And now I can say that she is officially mine!" The crowd went crazy.

He looked at me with love burning deep in his eyes, then he lifted me up into his strong arms and kissed me with more passion than I had ever felt in my entire life. It was strong, hard, powerful, intense, magickal, everything a kiss should be. The crowd was yelling like never before. He carried me off the stage and all the way down into the private front row seating area, where all the girls waited. He placed my feet back on the ground and with one more kiss and a swift movement he was gone.

The Rev's drum beats picked back up and Syn's guitar slid in, followed by Zacky, Johnny picked up the bass, and BOOM Matt let out a powerful scream that seemed to last a whole minute."Shhh, quiet you might piss somebody off!" Rev whispered into the mic, and the show began.

The girls and I sang and danced and screamed our fucking heads off. I had been to tons of great Avenged Sevenfold shows in my life, but this was without a doubt the very best and most certainly on that I would remember forever. With one more scream the song was over and the arena became pitch black.

"Your man's a monster up there!" Sarah screamed over to me.

"I fuckin know! Isn't he the best?" I yelled back.

"Fuck yeah, they all are!" Kate beamed.

"Hell yeah!" We all agreed.

About two hours went by and then the room became dark again. I seen a flashlight a couple of feet away and as it grew closer I could see a man walking in my direction. "Lady Shadows," The man addressed me, "Lord Shadows request your presence with him on the stage for the next song."

"Okay." I nodded, feeling the wave of nerves wash back over me. The man held on to me and led me to the corner of the stage, there he stood with me while we waited.

So Long Beach, I would like to do something special right now, if you don't mind." He paused while he walked to another speaker and propped his foot on it. The crowd was still cheering for him, hanging on every word. "I would like to bring Lady Shadows back out, because I want to sing a song for her." He looked into the sea of screaming people, a smile breaking across his angelic face, "What do you think? Would that be okay with you if I did that?" They all yelled loudly to grant him permission. "Awesome! I thank you Long Beach." He bowed to them.

Matt walked to me and took my hand in his and led me back onto the stage. In the center there were two stools. He seated me on one and took his place upon the other. "This is a really special song for me, it has a lot of meaning. I wrote this song last year, when I was going through s pretty dark phase in my life. We were touring non-stop. I never got to see my family or my friends from back home, and I was really lonely. I wrote this song because I missed having someone around to hold at times like those. Then I came here and I met Alice. She was so beautiful, so intelligent, so funny, so outgoing, so honest, so perfect! And I asked her to join me on the road. She said she didn't know if she could do that. I was so worried she wouldn't come with me, so worried that I would lose the first thing that I have ever really loved. So last night for the first time in a long time, I prayed. I begged God for her to say yes. I prayed for over two hours last night while she slept. Then today, she finally said yes. So baby," He turned his hazel eyes back to me, "this song is for you."

Slowly Zacky began to play and Matt took my hand in his and placed it on his heart, looking deep into my eyes, he started to sing, "A lonely road, across another cold state line...."

By the end of the song I was a total wreck, I had cried and my makeup was probably everywhere, but at that moment there in front of all the millions of people, I didn't even care. It was he and I and no one else. He stood up and so did I, he opened his arms to me and I fell into them. He held me there with the crowd cheering for what felt like an eternity. He held me so calmly, stroking my hair, and whispering, "I love you." over and over in my ear as I cried into his chest. When I finally let go, I brushed back the final tears and looked around to see not only the crowd cheering, but all the boys clapping and my girls in the front row crying and screaming with joy. "Thank you Long Beach! We love you! Thanks for comin out tonight and partyin with us for a while! We will see you next year!" He screamed into the mic. Then he tossed the mic and gave them a wave and nodded to me to do the same. I nodded back and began to wave to all of the A7X fans before us with a wide smile. Then he picked me up and carried me back stage.

From there we walked side by side back to the dressing room. All the boys were waiting there passing out hugs to the girls who had also been escorted backstage. "Oh my God you guys, that was without a doubt the best show I have ever been to!" Sarah yelled.

"Fuckin right! That was absolutely amazing!" Anna screamed, still jumping up and down.

"Thanks ladies!" Syn blushed, "We did the best we could, just for you!" He flirted.

"Aww my sexy Synyster Gates!" Anna hugged him tightly with a soft kiss.

"What did you think Alice?" The Rev looked at me.

I was sitting in the corner trembling, still in shock after what had just happened, "Huh?"

"Whoa, are you okay?" Zacky looked at me concerned.

"Yeah, sorry I am just, wow, umm, okay. I'm just in shock. I can't believe that just happened." I said with wide eyes.

"Aww baby, it's okay." Matt pulled me close again.

"I can't believe you did that! As if introducing me to your fans wasn't enough, you brought me back on stage to sing to me? That was so incredibly sweet!" I kissed him.

"I'm glad you thought so. I just really wanted to show you off and I wanted to do something special for you."

"You prayed for me?" I looked back up to him.

His eyes dropped to the floor and he let out a sigh, "Yeah," He looked back up to meet my gaze, "I did." He admitted.

"I can't believe you did that, baby that is so sweet. But you should have known, I'm not going anywhere. You put a spell on me, there is no turning back now. I don't know what you did, but you have awakened the sleeping heart inside me and brought it back to life." I explained. "I am completely, irrevocably in love with you now."

His eyes shown brightly in the dimly lit room. "Do you really mean that?" He looked shocked.

"Absolutely."

He kissed me so sweetly. "I love you so much more than you will ever know." He whispered down to me.

"I love you too." I held his gorgeous face in my hands, looking over his beautiful features.

"She means it, she really means it!" He turned to face our friends.

"Yeah man, we know." Zacky laughed at his friend.

"Dude, we all knew that from the very minute we seen you two together." The Rev answered. "Like ugh, get a room!" He joked in his best Valley girl voice.

"Duh Matt! Have you not seen you two together?" Johnny rolled his eyes, "You guys are fuckin perfect for each other! Everyone knows that!"

Matt laughed and turned back to me, "So you are never gonna leave me, right?"

"I would never dream of it!" I reassured him with another kiss.

"I honestly never thought I would do this, but I am going to." I gave him a confused look, and waited to see what he was going to do. He let out another deep sigh, looking up towards the ceiling, "Thank you." Then he dropped his head back to me and smiled big, "I thank whatever God or deity that sent you to me."

"Me too." I smiled back up at the incredible man, who held my heart.