Too Close for Comfort

Two.

The party consisted of Dougie making a fool out of himself on the dance floor, my sad attempt at getting him to dance normally, and then a cake fight outside on the deck. It was one of the funnest nights I’ve had in a while, but it was over. I got into my dad’s car and he headed off.
"Where are you going?"
"The adults decided to have a little after party at the Poynter’s. I’m picking up some beer and then we’re headed there."
"Okay." I smiled, leaning back in my seat. This meant I get to spend the rest of my night with Dougie, if he didn’t have anything better to do. He’d usually go out and party with his friends and one of them was having a party tonight.
My heart raced as we pulled around the corner and his car was in the driveway, he was home. I quickly walked inside and stopped in the kitchen to talk to some of the family friends I didn’t get a chance to at the party. This was nice, I knew everyone and we were all like family. I kept looking around, maybe Dougie did go out, just without the car. I saw Jazzie walk in the house with one of her friends.
"Hey Jazz, do you care if I go upstairs and borrow jeans and a tee shirt? I’m so sick of being in a dress."
"Go for it." I walked upstairs into Jazzie’s room, changing into the first pair of jeans I saw and a plain black tank top. On my way back downstairs, I heard something behind me. Dougie’s door.
"Come here. I wanna show you something cool." My face was turning red again as I walked into his room. He plugged his phone into headboard, which were speakers.
"That’s really cool." I sat on his bed and laughed. "When did you get a water bed?"
"I’ve had it for a few weeks. It’s really comfy but it’s a pain in the ass."
"It’s fun." I laid across it, feeling the water move under me until Dougie pushed me over, getting under his covers.
"I’m going to sleep, night." He pulled his covers over his head, making me laugh. Most things he did made me laugh. I pulled the pillow out from under his head and hit him with it a few times until he came out and pinned me down, staring into my eyes for what felt like forever.