Remembering Sunday

Two. (Big City Dreams)

"New here?" I jumped, holding my bag closer to me. "Sorry, I should learn not to sneak up on people like that." I looked behind me and my heart jumped. Long black hair, big brown eyes, tattoos all over, he’s breathtaking. "I’m Kellin." He held out his hand with a cute smile.
"Michelle." I felt my lips curl from cheek to cheek.
"You moving in?" I nodded, why do I always get tounge-tied if a random cute boy talks to me? He’s just trying to talk to me. "You want some help with those bags?"
"Well, if you don’t have anything better to do with your life than help a random girl move into an apartment…" He chuckled.
"Well, I think I could fit you in for maybe a little." He winked at me, picking up a stack of boxes and bringing it in. "So you moving in alone?"
"Yeah, I finally saved up enough to get a new start for myself. My parents finally let me go to school out here if I saved up the money for the apartment."
"So what, you’re a typical small town girl with big city dreams?"
"Little bit." Something about him made me smile. He picked up the box with all my concert memorabilia and of course my Imagine Dragons ticket was on top. I wonder what Alex is doing right now. I owe all of this to him, without him talking me through every bad thought I had about this, I’d be stuck at the hell some may call a home.
"Have you really been to all these concerts?" For some odd reason, I wasn’t mad that he was looking through my box.
"Yeah, and more. It’s kind of what I spend all my free time doing. Kind of why it took me so long so save up the money for this place."
"Maybe we could go to one together one day. My treat." Why was he being so nice to me? We met ten minutes ago and he’s already offering to take me to a concert? This isn’t right. No, he’s being nice. Not every nice thing a stranger does means he’s just using you.

"Jeez, how many guitar pics do you have in here?" I laughed.
"It kinda just happens, I don’t know, I guess I’ve just got luck catching them at shows."
"Ever put them to any use?" He looked up at me with his big eyes, causing my heart to race.
"I wish. I’ve got a guitar but I just don’t have the patience to teach myself. I just get upset if I don’t get it right away then don’t pick it up for the longest time, then the cycle continues."
"Maybe I’ll teach you one day." His lip curled up, smirking at me.
Wow, he’s really cute. And he plays guitar. How did I come across a guy that I thought I’d never be able to talk to within the first day of moving to New York?
"So, where’d you come from?"
"Next door. I live with my friend Gabe and we were wondering what all the noise was about coming from over here and we played rock paper scissors to see who would come out and check it out."
"I guess you lost then, huh?"
"Eh, I think I won." His cheeks turned pink, but I felt mine burning up.
"Listen, all the boxes and whatever are finally inside and I just gotta unpack, but I’m feeling really gross, I think I’m gonna take a shower. But I’ll see you around?"
"I’m sure you will. Just knock if you need any help with anything. And I know the best food places around so really, anything you need, I’ll be home, right next door."
"You’ll definitely be hearing from me, then." I smiled, trying not to look like an idiot.
"Good." He walked out, shutting the door behind him.

I never have any luck with guys whatsoever and one magically ends up in my apartment as I’m moving in because of a stupid game? I’ll take it.