Status: Complete

I'm Not Insane

Chapter 18

Come. Sit down. Let’s put the letter behind us. Nurse Alice brought up real food for us. I think she likes how you visit me. You’ve been my only visitor, you know. At first my visitors were police. Once I was put here and I was ensured to stay, the case was dropped and they stopped coming.

Do you really want to get me out of here? Do you really? For all I know you’re here just because my parents told you to come. You’ll have to prove to me that you really want to save me. I don’t know how. Surprise me.

Have you been watching the news like I told you to? What’s on there? I don’t want to hear any bad stuff. Just good. They’re finally in the World Series? Wow. How about football season? Any news on that? How’s the weather? I know it hasn’t been raining. I would hear it. Sunny? It’s been sunny for the past month? Wow. I wish I could’ve seen it. I really do miss the sun. The darkness here scares me sometimes. You never know what could happen.

Did you know I unintentionally got a doctor fired? True story. The end of my first month was coming to an end when a stranger came in my room. He wasn’t entirely a stranger. I’ve seen him walk up and down the halls a few times. He came in one night. I didn’t see him at first because of how dark it was. Told me he had his eye on me ever since I stepped foot in the ward. You see, before I lost weight, my breasts were bigger and everything about me actually looked good. My hair was a raven’s black and I had beautiful locks. They cut them off after the incident. The doctor liked the way I looked. He didn’t care that I was crazy or insane. All that mattered to him were my looks. He climbed on top of me and before I could stop me, he stripped this gown off me. He was rubbing his hands all over me, and his mouth was on top of mine stopped me from screaming. Next thing I knew, my underwear was off and BAM! I was raped. This wasn't my first time having sex but it did hurt, but I still couldn’t scream. I was found by a nurse walking over here by chance. She got the doctor off of me and he was fired. That was the first and only time anyone has ever helped me around this place.

Like I said, you never know what’s going to happen in the dark. Now do you see what I mean?