Status: Complete

I'm Not Insane

Chapter 4

I can give you a look around the place if you want. A security guard needs to be with us, though. Everyone in this place doesn’t trust me.

Is he here? Oh, hello Mr. Holden. He’s a nice guy. Chill security guard, Alright. Let’s go.

Ugh. Wait a minute. Mr. Holden, can you undo these chains around my wrists? I hate how they chain me to these posts next to my bed. Thanks Mr. Holden. Let’s go cousin.

Ignore the screaming. Someone is always screaming. One stops and another starts. Welcome to the criminally insane ward.

There are different kinds of criminals here so that’s why some rooms have doors while others seem to be locked in cages. They talked about sending me to a caged room once. I threatened them to change their minds, though.

This ward is full of crazy government spies who always speak of nonsense. I shouldn’t say full. They make up a sixteenth of the ward. Rapists are here, too. There’s one to your left. He raped twenty girls. No lie. Rumor has it he raped more. Mr. Jesse over there raped over fifty children, both boy and girl. Thieves are here, too. One guy stole thirty-four babies and hid them all in a closet and left them to die. That brings me to the murderers. More than half this place is made up of killers. Some mental, some not. Let’s go downstairs.

I would show you the fifth floor, our top floor. I can’t, though. That’s where all the scary rooms are. Solitary confinement, electric room, you name it.

AH! Mr. Holden, calm these lunatics down! Shit. Run! Charlie got out of his room and he’s coming after us! He has a knife! Mr. Holden, get him away! Turn down that corner, cousin. Don’t worry. Mr. Holden knows what he’s doing.

Did you hear that? Who just screamed? Security guards are gathering around Charlie. They took his knife away. They injected insulin him. He’ll faint soon. Is that Mr. Holden on the floor? He’s bleeding! Charlie must’ve stabbed him.

Some security guards are looking for me. Quick. Turn at that text corner. I don’t need any more insulin. Do you think they’re gone now? Good. I’m tired of running.

Do you want to get out of here? The darkness of this place gives me the creeps.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hola! Just wanted to say that every time you see a name, it refers to characters or real people who were sent to mental asylums or were thought crazy by the general public. Today's character: Mr. Holden. This is from Holden Caulfield (Catcher in the Rye). It's said that he (the narrator) was telling the story while in a mental asylum. Charlie is from Flowers for Algernon. He wasn't in an asylum, but people think of people like him as crazy (not me personally, but you know).

Thanks for reading!