Status: Complete

I'm Not Insane

Chapter 5

We have to take underground tunnels to the other buildings. I don’t know how to undo the locks on any of the wards’ doors. Don’t worry. The walls of the tunnels have lanterns. C’mon. This way.

Stop stepping on my heels! The tunnels aren’t that bad. I’ve snuck into these things so many times. See? Look. Lanterns. Just follow me and you won’t get lost.

Oh, my gown? Yeah. The doctors here won’t let me use my own pajamas so I have to wear this dress gown thing they supply for every patient. Oh, shut up! I know it’s filthy. They only give us one and we never get to do our laundry. We don’t take baths or showers either. I’ve been wearing this thing for a year without taking it off.

There. See? We’re done walking through the tunnels. That light up there is part of the woman’s ward. Follow me.

It’s a lot lighter in here than the criminal ward. That’s because a lot of mental patients live here. Doctors and nurses need to help them keep calm. Did you know some patients have been here for over forty years? Some even fifty? I guess back then parents didn’t like having mental children.

There are people here that don’t really have anything wrong with them. Their parents just simply didn’t want them so they dropped them here. Oh, yes. They may not have anything wrong with them, but they still get “treatment”. Some children don’t even have clothes. Naked children roam these halls all the time.

Quick! Hide! A nurse is coming!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to everyone who has commented/subscribed/rec'd. I really appreciate it :')