Status: I hope you all enjoy! Show your support by commenting and liking! <3

Secretly Done, Secretly Loved

Why Haven't You Told Me?

-Mr. Obnoxious.-

"Lung Cancer."

My breathing became rugged, as I gripped onto the side of the table.

"Are you sure?" I ask, tears threatening to spill over. The doctor nodded, leaving the room to let me be alone with my Ara.

I latched onto her pale cold hand. Afraid that if I let go, she would just slip away.

"Ara. Why didn't you tell me? I would have quit teaching a long time ago if you would have, love. You are way more important to me than money. But don't worry, I'm going to take care of you. Even when you go bald, I will be there. I will always love you through anything. Ara, you may not can hear me, but.. I love you." I whisper, a tear falling onto her hand.

"I-I love you too." Someone croaked. I opened my blue eyes to meet hers, kissing her lips.

"Do you mean it?" She asked, her lips chapped from the lack of moisture.

"Of course." I whisper, as she lifts up a hand to wipe away at my eyes.

I know it should be the other way around, but I could care less right now.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked, looking into her eyes. She closed hers, looking down softly.

"Because, I knew how you would react. You would quit your teaching job and be out of one, just so you could take care of me. I didn't want that, Alex. I don't want you to give up what you love because of me." She whispered, a wet tear falling down her face. She wiped it away quickly, afraid of crumbling in front of me.

I gave a nervous laugh.

"I think its too late for the teaching job. When you passed out I kind of told Mr. Wilder that I would 'do whatever I wanted to when my girlfriend was in danger'."

She widened her eyes, moving to slap my head.

"Why in the hell! God, you are so stupid!" She laughed, giving me a bright smile.

"Like I said, I would do anything to protect you."

She shook her head.

"You know, Mr. Obnoxious, you don't have to take care of me. I will take care of myself. And just so you know, i'm NEVER going bald. Thats what they make wigs for!"

I grimaced.

"Ara, love. I don't care if you are bald, I AM still going to take care of you even with your protests."

She stuck her tongue out at me as I lent down to kiss her, intertwining our fingers. A knock came at the door and then it swung open, revealing Rachelle.

"AraBella Reese, you are going to tell me what happened this instant!"

She didn't look mad or anything, just concerned about her bestfriend.

I sat there and listened while Ara explained the situation to Rachelle. I had to leave halfway through, because I couldn't handel what she was saying twice in a row.

I stepped outside into the hallway, as I caught the doctor by the arm.

"What stage is her cancer, sir?"

"Three. She has a good chance to survive, but at her age, its hard to do."

I watched as he walked into a different room.

I slid to the floor, so my Ara was most likely going to die?

This time, I didn't even bother to wipe the tears.