Status: I hope you all enjoy! Show your support by commenting and liking! <3

Secretly Done, Secretly Loved

I Feel So Safe

-AraBella-

This was exactly why I didn't want Alex to know just yet. I knew he would freak out, quit his teaching job and then want to take care of me. I could take care of myself, and I know it.

"Ara, you have to let me help." Mr. Obnoxious pleaded, trying to help me in the car.

"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." I mumble, putting my seatbelt on.

"AraBella Reese, you have stage three cancer and you think you can take care of yourself?" He argued, taking his eyes off the road for a split second.

"I know I can." I say, coughing. I grimaced. I hated coughing, it hurt like hell. I ran a hand through my hair, only to have a huge deal of it come out.

"Oh My God!" I schreeched, my eyes watering with tears.

"Alex, I-I can't go to school like this, people will talk about me." I say, the first tear falling down my face.

He pulled over on the road, looking me dead in the eye.

"Love. Thats why you're not, you can't finish school and try to beat this cancer, there's no possible way. I know you think you can fight this on your own, but I know you can't. Thats why I'm here. I always am and I always will be."

I felt his strong arms wrap around me, as I cried into his chest. Wow, this was the most i've ever cried around him.

I didn't want to pull away. I felt so safe and unharmed in his embrace. I felt like I could conquer the world when I was with Mr. Obnoxious.

I'd hate to leave him.

I felt my eyes water up once again, but took a deep breath. I had to stay strong.

Mr. Obnoxious put his index finger under my chin, lifting my head up. My brown eyes met his baby blue ones, making my heart race.

He pressed his lips to mine, making me melt inside. I missed his lips, I missed him.

He pulled away.

"I love you." He whispered, kissing my forehead.

I bit my lip.

"I love you,too." I smiled, pressing my lips to his once again.

We both pulled away breathing heavily. I looked down at my lap, seeing the clump of hair was still there.

I drew a shaky breath, swallowing the lump that was forming in my throat. God, wouldn't I hate to see the huge bald spot on the back of my head.

I laughed at that, earning a look from Mr. Obnoxious.

"What?" I ask, raising my eyebrows at him.

"You," He laughed, kissing my cheek. I sighed with relief once we pulled up to his apartment.

"Thank God." I whispered, getting out of his car, unlocking the door.

Yeah, I had a key! So what?

I laughed at my thoughts, going upstairs and collapsing on his bed.

"I love you, Ms. Smartass." I heard someone whisper, I realized it was Mr. Obnoxious.

"I love you too, Mr. Obnoxious." I smirked. Within seconds, I fell into a deep sleep.