Status: In progress

Break Me Down

Break Through

“I’m not sure I like your tone, Michelle.” He said playfully, sliding into the passenger seat.

“Hey, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. Unless, it’s a white van with no windows sporting a homemade ‘candy’ sign.” She trailed off, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel. “Then, I’d probably start asking questions.”

Ross laughed and watched as Michelle plugged her phone into the car speakers and his voice filled the car.

“You’re always on my mind,
I think about you all the time . . .

Ummm, no.”

Michelle bobbed her head along to the music and Ross was torn between being embarrassed or flattered.

“I love this shit.” She laughed at the lyrics, “Consider me a fan.”

“Step one.” He smirked at her and then he started singing in harmony with his own voice. Michelle laughed and danced in her seat.

After Ross occasionally directing her to his house she noted it was only a block from hers.

“Really?” He asked as they sat parked in his driveway.

“Yeah, you know the house directly behind this one? That house with the vines everywhere?” She laughed at the uncanny turn of events.

He nodded.

“Thats mine. My mom likes rustic things. Probably why she’s with my dad.” She smiled at her joke and was pleased to see that Ross laughed too.

“That’s awesome!” He smiled.

This was probably the most interesting thing that was going to happen to her this summer.

Ross loved that she wasn’t a super fan, she was down to earth, funny, and beautiful. This was the kind of person he wrote all of his songs for.

“That’s rad. We’re supposed to be here on tour but my mom wants to move us here. Still Hollywood but not really in the thick of things, you know?” He explained, but was interrupted when someone knocked on the car window.

Michelle screamed and gripped Ross’ arm, Ross however had seen his siblings file out of the house and sneak over.

Ross rolled down the window and introduced his brothers and sister to Michelle.

“Rydel . . .” The only female in the group squeezed her head through her brothers to smile at Michelle and wave.

“Rocky . . .” This one simply smiled and filtered back in the house.

“Riker . . .” Michelle could tell he was forward, as he looked her up and down and smirked fully at her, eyes brimming with mischief.

“Ryland . . .” This one was much older, and not one Michelle recognized.

“It’s nice to meet all of you.” She smiled, “I think it’s going take me a while to get all of your names right though. Just know, it isn’t personal.”

They laughed and Riker, leaned in the car over Ross and stuck out his hand for her to shake, “I have a feeling it won’t take much to remember exactly who I am.”

Ross slapped Riker’s hand away from Michelle and gave him a look that Michelle missed.

“Sorry, Riker’s a notorious flirt.” Rydel smiled, “Thanks for saving my brother, that could have gone really bad.”

“It was my pleasure.” Michelle replied, shrugging her shoulders, “It’s probably the most interesting thing thats going to happen to me all summer.”

They all laughed again, Michelle noted that they were almost harmonized even when they laughed.

Ryland commanded everyone to get inside and go to bed because they had an early show tomorrow and they needed their rest.

Ross hung around and got out of the car, leaning in through the window, like his siblings were previously.

“You should come to the show tomorrow.” He smiled, “My family liked you, so I mean, you’re already in with R5: The Prepubescent Teen Girls Dream Band.”

“Well, since someone made me stay four hours past my shift I am severely behind on my painting, but maybe next time . . . I mean, I do know where you live.” She smiled and he nodded with a smile on his face despite being kind of disappointed.

“Okay, I’ll see you around Michelle. Thanks again.”

With that Michelle drove the 30 seconds back to her own house and called out from her front porch, “NIGHT ROSS!”

Ross watched her leave and he stood on the doorstep for a moment before he walked in knowing that he was going to be bombarded with worried concerns from his parents, Michelle number from Riker and various other stupid things he didn’t know or care about.

“NIGHT ROSS!” Was heard from behind him and he laughed to himself, knowing that maybe moving out of the craziness of Hollywood might just be even more crazy.