My Friend's Friend

Brothers to death

“Hello?” “Hi there, it’s me Serjie” that made me feel so guilty… “Oh, hi, what’s up?” “Well I’m sure you read the note right?” “Yes I did” “well I was right, we could use an extra guitar tomorrow” “tomorrow? What for?” “Well, we’re recording this new song, and we need three guitars this time, but Shavo can’t do it because we need the bass too, so…I heard you playing the other night, and well…” “Oh…I don’t know” I don’t think I can be able to see Daron and Serj at the same time…Diane had this perfect ear so she was saying “fuck yeah!” with her eyes. “Ok…give me the address and I’ll be there” “thanks, be there at 9:00 am” he hung up, I was speechless.

Saturday morning, 9:00 am, I knocked at the studio door with my guitar in my hands; I was looking down when I heard the door opening. “Hold on, this is a little bit broken” the longest 10 seconds of my life. “Ok, come on in, I’ll show you the place” Shavo said to me. I was in, walking trough the hall with my face down, my eyes on my feet and my heart in the sky. “What’s wrong, you can’t be sad, this is a love song and we need you as happy as possible” “who wrote the song?” “Daron did, he said that it’s a song for someone special, he doesn’t know you’re here” my heart fell from the sky and went to hell… what if the song is about me? Does Serj know now I’m sort of dating Daron? What if he didn’t tell him? Was my little experience with Serj just a one night stand? I was confused, even tough I only had sex with Daron one time I felt a connection, when we came together I felt his breath, his heart, his soul…oh God, I’m way too confused.

Shavo showed me the studio and I followed him until we came into a room with yellow walls. “Hi there! I’m glad you came!” Serj kissed me on the cheek and hugged me. Daron entered the room and saw me surprised… “Hi, what are you doing here with that guitar?” “Well…I’m helping you guys out with a song” Daron got closer to me and kissed me on the lips, a wet kiss oh God, he’s French-kissing me in front of his friends he was kissing me in front of Serj, who was looking a little confused. “She’s the girl, I wrote the song about you my sweet Laura” Daron said looking at me while smiling, we talked a little and he showed me how to play the song “the way he wanted me to play it” we started, Serj on acoustic, Daron on his Gibson and me and my Gibson. Serj sang as usual beautiful, but when was Daron’s turn he sang looking at me and smiling, tears almost come out of my eyes, I was so happy! He was taking me serious, Diane was right, he does like me. We finished the song, Daron said that he didn’t like the way it sounded, and we re-play it probably 10 times until he gave his approbation. “You were fantastic darling” “thanks, I try my best” I smiled…for some reason Serj wasn’t smiling, he seemed kinda mad at something my heart knew, but my head refused to admit it “hey Serj, what’s wrong man?” John asked confused “it’s nothing, I’m just too tired…I gotta go now” and leaved the room “what the hell is wrong with him?” Shavo said now more confused. “I don’t know and I really don’t wanna know” Daron said taking my hand “I think we’re done here, what if we go out and eat something ok?” he asked me with a sweet smile on his face he’s making me an offer that I can’t refuse “ok, but… what about Serj? Isn’t he acting weird?” “Nope, I don’t know, I don’t care; let’s get the hell out of here”. Were they fighting? Why? Was it for me? Please no, I couldn’t stand see them fighting because of me…please no.
♠ ♠ ♠
I re read this story and in fact laugh at my writing, I was 14 when this happened and well, I find it amusing.