Status: Layout temporary! This is an Alan/ oc story!

I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I am, Than Ever Love Me For Something I'm Not

The Day at the Beach that Started it All

~Vivianna's POV~

Me and my brother's friend Brian were hanging out at the beach. Neither of us liked to swim so we messed around on the sand, glad we found a place without other people. The guys, meaning my brother Zack and his friends were on their way somewhere out of state, and Brian was my favorite so he volunteered to keep me company while the others left. So they dropped us off in Costa Mesa and we decided to go to the beach.

The sun was high in the sky, beating down on us. The ocean breeze kept us from dying from the heat, spraying us lightly with bits of water.

Brian was in shorts and slides with no shirt due to the heat. He looked amazing. Okay, I admit, I have a slight crush on him. His skin was tan, dark hair shiny from the sun, arms colorfully tattooed, his six pack evident. He's funny, loyal, selfless and really sweet, though a bit cocky at times. He treats me like an equal, and thats what I like most about him. “You'll never catch me!” he took off jogging. I felt eyes on me but I ignored them.

“Oh yes I will!” I took off my baggy shirt that made the wind push me back and in my bandeau top, took off after him, kicking off my shoes.

“Muah ha ha!” he laughed.

I leapt on his back and curled my legs around him, locking my arms around his chest. “Got ya!” I cried triumphantly.

“Meanie head.” he pouted, oh I just wanted to kiss him. But I can't. He doesn't like me like that.
I giggled, feeling my breasts shake against his back a little.

He suddenly smirked over his shoulder at me, making me hold on tighter. He began bucking around like a bull trying to get me off. I laughed carefree, as I clutched to him tighter refusing to let him shake me off.

“You shall never be free!” I said like a British captain of a ship.

He chuckled and stopped bucking. “I guess I got a hot new back pack then.”

I blushed. Did he just call me hot? Or did he mean like a cool new back pack?

Giving an awkward laugh, I slid off his toned back.

“Hey you got a new tattoo!”

“What?” I followed his brown eyes to my chest. “Oh, yeah. I love getting tattoos.”

He chortled. “I noticed.”

We were quiet.

“Can I...see it?”

Only the top was visible due to my top. Not only do I have a crush on Brian, he's my best friend like...ever. We are the friends who everyone things are together because of how they act.

I looked around, seeing no one.

“Sure, hold on.”

I turned my back to him, tugged my top down then covered my breasts with my hands, and turned back so he could see my tattoo. His eyes remained on it, not straying to either of my covered breasts. He respects me, that's another thing I like.

“That's really cool Vivi. (Vi-vee) What's it mean?”

“Oh, you know. The old cliché, key to my heart.”

He rolled his eyes. “Should have known.”

I laughed and turned my back to him again, to fix my top so it covered me. When I turned back around he flipped me over his shoulder and carried me over into the water where it was up to his knees.

“Don't. Even.” I threatened.

“Oh, yes.”

With that, he tossed me in the water. I landed on my but, filling my pants with sand, water went up to my chest.

“You asshole!” I laughed, standing up making sure to hang on to my now ten pound shorts. I tackled him, making his head fall on the sand and when the waves came up, they crashed on his chin. Well, the would but I landed on him. My cheeks flushed with color as my hands rested on his chest, my legs on either side of his hips. I was about to hastily get off him when another wave shoved me down so I would up laying on him.

We starred at each other for a minuet before I scrambled off him and up the beach, quickly throwing on my shirt and shoes. “I think we're done with the beach for today.”

He stood and nodded, clearing his throat. “Yeah, time for lunch anyway.”

We walked up the beach, to the road where we parked keeping a three foot distance from each other. Why did I have to make it weird?! UGH!

I looked over my shoulder before getting into the passenger side of Brian's car to see a pale man with red hair and tattoos giving me a death glare. A taller guy with brown hair and tattoos pulled him away.

What the hell was that?

“Come on Vivianna.” Brian said, eyes cast back watching the two men shrink into the distance with a sad look in his eyes.

I frowned, he only called me by my whole name when the fun was over and things were a bit rocky between us.

I got in and buckled my seatbelt just as Brian but the car into drive. Brian took me to my grandma's house to my delight, my grandma swore she could see the future and honestly I've never seen her be wrong. My grandma is the best! She's sassy, and clever and funny. I went to kiss Brian's cheek as I normally did before leaving but he moved away.

I frowned and felt my heart give a tug. Two can play at this. “Goodbye Mr. Gates.” he gaped as I got out of the car and headed up to my grandma's house. That's what I call him when I'm upset with him, witch is rare.

Brian drove off, I knew he'd be back either later tonight or tomorrow. I knocked on the door and my grandma opened it. “Oh hun, I knew you'd be here.” she let me in with a smile.

“Have a nice time at the beach?”

“How'd you know I was at the beach?” I asked.

She arched an eye brow.

“Yeah, it was fine.” My voice came out a bit cold.

“You can tell me about it after you shower and change.”

“Okay.” I headed off to the bathroom.

I was never too close with my parents, my 'dad' wasn't...very nice. Or...sometimes he was...too nice to me. If you get what I mean. My mom found out and divorced him, I got a restraining order against him as soon as I could. My brother beat him up the day he found out. Yeah, my brother who was 16 at the time, beat up my dad. But he had this weird look in his eyes. Normally they were green but when he went after Mark (I refuse to call him dad) they were straight black. Mark just collapsed on the floor, screaming in pain though nothing was touching him.

Somehow Zack didn't scare me when he did that. I was grateful. Glad to see that bastard get what he deserved, then sent to jail for the next ten years.

After I showered, I changed into some of the clothes I always kept here. I put another pair of jean shorts and a tee shirt that had music notes all over it. I put on my flip flops and brushed my hair, putting it into a high pony tail before going to the living room where my grandma sat on the couch with two mugs of hot cocoa. I took the one she handed to me and sat beside her.

“You met him, didn't you?”

“Who?” I asked.

She shook her head. “It isn't for me to tell. How are you feeling, Viv?”

“I feel fine grams.” Why is she asking?

She pursed her wrinkled lips. “If you feel anything, or have a coughing spell tell me at once. Okay? This is very important.”

“Okay.”

“Did anything happen at the beach?”

I groaned. “I messed up my friendship with Brian. We were messing around like we always do and he dropped me in the water, naturally I had to retaliate.”

“Of course.”

I smiled at her. “So I tackled him and we landed kinda...weird. Then we looked at each other and I got off him and it was really off from there. He called me my whole name before I got in the car. He never does that. I messed up grams.” I frowned.

“Did you feel someone watching you?”

“Yeah, a little.”

“Did you see anyone you didn't know? A man perhaps?”

Always insisting I find a boyfriend. I snorted. “Grand-” “No. This is serious.” she interrupted, all banter gone.

“Yeah, a ginger dude giving me a glare from hell. Then another guy pulled him away.”

“Are you sure you feel alright?”

“I'm fine.” I assured her. I really do! I feel normal, no stomach ache, headache, I don't feel cold, or warm. I feel just like I do everyday. Why does she keep asking?

She looked confused, why don't you go take a nap dear? You need to think about your day.”

“Oh uh...okay.” I stood and headed to the spare room, where I kicked off my flip flops and lay down.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last thing I need right night now, but I can't resist writing another story. I have finished maybe out of the twenty I have on here but ugh. :/ Anyway, her is the first chapter, I've written a few chapters past this so updates will be quick at first :)

Please check out the character page :) Viviannah (Viv-E-on-a) is portrayed by Susan Coffey with redish brown hair.

Thanks for reading!