Status: I'll update as much as possible

Tainted Love

--12

“Miss Jacobson, why do you want a DNA test so badly? Do you understand the risks you’re taking?” I nodded. Dr. Matthews seemed like a very nice person, but I wanted this done, I needed this done.

“Honestly, Dr. Matthews, I was a rape victim. My boyfriend and I had sex prior to the rape, but I was raped, and there was no protection used, I didn’t even think to take the morning after pill, because I didn’t want to tell anyone about it. I didn’t even want to admit it to myself. This is my boyfriend’s hair, I want to know if my child is his, but I don’t want him to know anything about it.” His face completely changed, he very understanding about this whole situation.

“I will order the DNA test then, I wish you the best of luck Miss Jacobson.” I smiled, thanking him, and waited for the nurse to come back in the room with information. When she did, she explained to me that I should be back in a week for the DNA test, I should keep the hair till then, and they would try to get me the results from it as soon as possible. I would have plenty of time before Matt got back to figure this all out. If he was my rapist, I had to find a way to get home, get another apartment, and get set up. Maybe even move a bit away from there, Shane could come with me, I wouldn’t explain why I ran away from Matt, but I knew that if he was the father, I’d have to get away.

I wouldn’t be happy till I was away from Matt, if he was the father. There was no possibility it could be from when we had sex, no way in hell. I had taken the pregnancy test 3 days after that, it couldn’t turn up that quickly, and according to my doctor, I was about a two months along, so it couldn’t be Matt’s, unless he was my rapist.

I wanted to make him pay, if he was. I wanted something bad to happen to him, something that would make him feel the pain he put me through that night. I sighed, and got dressed again, before leaving the hospital, Matt said he’d pay for all the hospital bills, so they were being sent to his house. I had orders to go to the pharmacy and pick up some prenatal vitamins as soon as possible, since I explained to them that I had smoked for the first month of my pregnancy, but that I had quit now. I was going to make sure that this baby was as healthy as possible, minus the DNA test. When I got into Matt’s car, my phone started vibrating in my pants pocket. I’m sure it was Matt calling to find out about the baby, but I didn’t feel like talking to him at the moment, so I ignored it, and drove towards the pharmacy. Thankfully Matt’s car had a built in GPS, so it was pretty easy to find things now. I would be lost in this town without it.

My phone vibrated once more, either signaling a voicemail, or a text message. But I wasn’t going to check either of that right now. I ran into the pharmacy, and quickly got my prenatal vitamins, before deciding that I wanted to go grocery shopping. Matt had been transferring money into my checking account, that way I’d have money while here. He didn’t want me to work, he wanted me to sit at his house, and be pregnant, and relaxed constantly. It was starting to get annoying, but I wasn’t even sure if I’d be sticking around here too long, so I guess it wasn’t that big of a deal.

I had thought about my attacker many times since my dream that night, and I only saw Matt’s face now. It was if my mind wouldn’t let it go, as far as it was concerned, Matt had been my rapist. But, it could also be saying that because he was the first person I had ever really had sex with, there was no telling until the DNA test came in. I just wanted to know the truth, and I wanted to know it soon. I didn’t want to wait till he got home; I didn’t want to sleep next to him one more time. I had taken to sleeping in the guest room, because I wasn’t comfortable in his bed, not when the nightmares would wake me up almost every night.

My phone was vibrating yet again, but I ignored it as I pulled into the grocery store parking lot, locked the car as I got out and walked in. I wasn’t going to deal with Matt right now, I’d call him back when I got home, until then, and he could wait.

-


“Ary, baby, it’s Matt again. Your appointment was an hour and a half ago, if you’re still there, is something wrong with the baby? Please, just call me back, and let me know how our little Button is doing? I miss you; I’ll call you tonight if I haven’t heard from you. I hope you’re doing okay at the house by yourself. Just call me back when you have time, please?” I hung up, shaking my head. She had ignored two of my calls now, this was ridiculous. She shouldn’t still be at the hospital, unless something was wrong with our baby.

I was hoping that, that wasn’t the case. Maybe she was just talking to the doctor, setting up further care, asking him questions about the pregnancy. She told me how she never really knew anyone while they were pregnant, so she’d never seen anyone really experience a pregnancy and didn’t know what to do during her own, so maybe she was just asking questions. I could comfort myself with that line of thought.

“Still no answer?” I shook my head at the question, and went back to the bunks, throwing myself into mine. I didn’t want to talk to anyone; I couldn’t believe Ary was ignoring me. I didn’t think she’d ever do this, so why was she doing it now? She couldn’t be mad at me, nothing bad had happened between us, we hadn’t fought; we had amazing conversations every night. We discussed names for the baby, which room of my house we could turn into a nursery, birthing plans, all the important stuff pertaining to Button. I had told her we needed to go ahead and buy her a car when I got back, her own car, instead of just driving one of mine around; she wanted something for her and the baby. I understood that completely, I had even started looking at cars online, I was thinking something a little safer like a small SUV, but I think she really wanted a car. I couldn’t do anything about it, if she wanted it, I’d give it to her. I’d give her the world to keep her around.

I would never let Arabella leave me. She could try to get away, but she never would. She was mine, and I had claimed her. She was going to have my child, live in my house, and be mine, for the rest of her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm updating a little early tonight, I don't know if I will be updating tomorrow. I don't know if you guys know, but I got into a car accident 15days ago, I had to have surgery, because my ankle shattered. Today I had the staples taken out, and a cast put on, so I'm not in the best of moods, and I'm trying to get off of the pain meds, so I'm in a bit of pain since they had to twist my ankle all around to get xrays. I think I may need to take a day off. But I'll be back Friday I do believe!

Hope this one will tide you guys over till Friday! Thoughts?