Status: I'll update as much as possible

Tainted Love

--13

Matt had bought me a car, it was sitting in the driveway, and it had just been dropped off. I had to sign for it, and get handed the keys. He had bought me a car, one that I hadn’t even picked out; I had never even seen this car. It was brand new, more than I would ever be able to afford, but maybe it was because I had sort of been ignoring him the last few days. I pulled out my phone quickly, while walking around the car. It was gorgeous, I would give him that.

“Matthew, why is there a brand new Audi S4 sitting in the driveway?” I said the moment he answered, I heard his chuckle.

”You said you wanted a mom car! Audi’s are safe, dependable, and still sexy.” I rolled my eyes. I couldn’t believe him, this had to be a fifty thousand dollar car, but here it was, sitting in the driveway, and it was all for me. I sighed, before unlocking the car and getting into it. It was beyond comfortable, the inside was as sleek as the outside, and I found myself falling in love with this car.

“Matt, you shouldn’t have, I was thinking of a Honda or something. Not anything this expensive!” I had to give him credit though, this was a beautiful car. He was spoiling the hell out of me, and I just didn’t know if it was because of a guilty conscience, or because he actually wanted to show me how much he liked me. Either way, this was an expensive gift.

”Baby, you deserve something great. Not just some Honda. You and our little Button will be safe in this car. Please don’t be mad that I did this without you, I wanted to surprise you.” I sighed, looking around the car.

“Fine, but no more just buying me things, we’ll pick things out together. I can’t let you spoil me like this Matt.” I could hear him let out a breath, he had obviously been holding.

”Yes ma’am! So do you at least like it?” I giggled; of course he wanted to know that.

“I love it, thank you Matt. It’s a really beautiful car, but still, you should have waited to pick it out with me.” I heard his laugh, signaling that he was happy with my answer.

”Everything else we will pick out together, I promise!” I smiled, sometimes I really wished that I was wrong about him being the man that attacked me. He was a truly wonderful man, and I know he’d be an amazing father to any child that I gave birth too. But there was always a chance that he was. That’s all I could see was him being the rapist.

”Is anything wrong with the baby? You’ve barely talked to me the last few days…” I sighed, not sure how to answer the question.

“Nothing is wrong with Button; I’ve just been stressed and didn’t want to take it all out on you. This is weird for me, I’m in a strange place, and have no friends or family here. I’m in your house, and you’re not even here. I’m about to have a child, and I’m not even sure I’m ready for that either! It’s just so weird for me Matt, it’s taking me some time to get used to it all, and I wanted a little time alone.” Most of this was the truth, and I knew it would placate him.

”I’ll be home soon, and I’ll be there to go to the doctor’s appointments with you. I’ll show you around Huntington, you’ll get used to it baby, I promise. We’ll get through this together.” Every fiber of my being was hoping right now, that everything I thought about him was wrong. But something deep inside of me told me I was right.

“I’ll be here, waiting for you to get home.” We talked for a few moments longer, before hanging up. I put the car key in the ignition before firing it up. I set Matt’s address as the home, that way if I got lost on my little drive, I’d be able to get back. Since Matt picked out the car without me, I was going to go pick out a few things without him! I had plenty of money to go pick out a car seat, crib, big things like that, and I could have them delivered to the house, and get them set up before he even came back.

I don’t think he’d be too happy that I was already doing this, but he didn’t have a choice. He made a fifty thousand dollar purchase for me, I should be able to go pick out baby stuff without him. This was my child, and as far as I knew, only my child. I had already taken the DNA test, I’d have the results in another week, then a doctor’s appointment two weeks after that.

I was hoping I was wrong about Matt, I was hoping there was no way that he was my rapist. It could just be a mind trick, it could be something that I was thinking, but was wrong on. I just hoped that was the case. I would find out soon, and because of that, I hadn’t moved my clothes out of my suitcase, I hadn’t gotten too comfortable in this house. It was his house, and the moment he came back, it may feel like a cage.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a little short, but I hope you guys enjoy it.
There's more to come, I am typing up a few more chapters tonight, trying to get far ahead since I think I'm going to be a bit out of it, I'm taking a lot of pain pills right now, because my ankle is killing me.