Status: I'll update as much as possible

Tainted Love

--16

This was the most nervous I have ever been. I didn’t want the answer to this question anymore; I don’t think I can handle it. Matt had already called me twice, but I hadn’t answered either of them, I could call him back later, after I had time to think about whatever I found out here. If Matt wasn’t my rapist, I needed to go to therapy, and figure out why I kept seeing his face as my rapist’s. If he was, I needed to go sell the car and pack my things. I wasn’t going to stay at his house, I wasn’t going to wait for him to come home, I was going to run.

“Miss Jacobson, nice to see you again!” I smiled as Dr. Matthews walked into the room, he was such a nice gentleman, I was hoping he was going to deliver some good news today. “Here are the results, I’ll let you look them over, and I’ll be here to answer any questions you may have.”

I took the envelope from him, and slowly opened it, pulling out the test results. My heart stopped, everything stopped.

“So, this is saying that the hair matches the baby’s DNA?” I looked at Dr. Matthews, and he smiled.

“You should be happy to know that you are carrying your boyfriend’s baby!” I was going to have a panic attack, a real panic attack. Matt was my rapist, Matt hurt me, and now he was trying to get with me? He wanted us to be together, and raise this child together? He was a fucking monster, and I wasn’t going to let him anywhere around my little Button. This baby was perfect, even if it had his DNA, it was perfect, and he wasn’t going to have a damn thing to do with it.

“Thank you so much Dr. Matthews. I’ll rest easier at night!” He smiled, and told me to talk to the front desk about my next appointment. I gathered my things before walking to the front desk, and cancelling all appointments, explaining to the secretary that I would be moving away. I walked back out to my car, trying to hold the tears back as I started it and tore out of the hospital parking lot.

I headed straight to the used car lot, and talked to the salesman, he was trying to low ball me on the price, but I wasn’t going to let that happen, I was going to get at least forty thousand for this car. It had less than a thousand miles on it, and it was brand new. I could get fifty thousand for it if I absolutely wanted to, and he knew it as well as I did. I finally rolled off the lot with my used Passat, and a check made out for $42,000. I could feel my phone going off again, but didn’t care, I was going to get a new one in just a moment, I had a lot of errands to run today, and things to get done. Matt was the last person on my mind at the moment.

-


I had my new phone, I was transferring contacts, and I knew I had one last text to send on my old phone. I didn’t want anyone I didn’t trust to have my new number, so I only texted Shane with it, and told him not to give anyone it, including Matt. I knew he would think that was weird, but I wasn’t going to answer questions right now, I was going to deal with my clothes being at Matt’s house, and Button’s things still being there.

When I finally got to Matt’s house I ran upstairs and packed everything as quick as I could. I wanted out of this house, and now. Ryder was jumping around at my feet, and I didn’t want to be mean to him, but I just wasn’t in the mood for him right now. I ran my suit cases down stairs, and threw them into the trunk of my car quickly. I still needed to grab Button’s car seat, and his bedding. His clothes had been packed in wit mine, and Ryder would be sitting next to me for most of the drive. I just had to get out of this state as fast as possible, I need to put space between this house and I.

Once I had finally ran everything out of the house, I found a scrap of paper, put the locker key on it, and wrote Matt a quick note about what number it was. I left his spare keys on the counter, put Ryder in his kennel, and grabbed my bag. I made sure to set the alarm system before slamming the door behind me. I put Ryder in the car, opening the kennel so he could roam around wherever he pleased. Only have of the back seat was blocked, because of the boxes I had thrown in it, hopefully there was enough room for him to get comfortable back there.

I grabbed out my old phone, and looked down at it. Matt had called six times, and there were five new voice mails. I looked at all the text messages he had sent me, and rolled my eyes. I didn’t want to deal with his shit, so I sent him one last message.

You’re the scum of the Earth. I know what you Matt and you will rot in hell for it. You will never see this baby, or me, ever again.

I sent the message before shutting the phone off. I got out of the car, before walking to the back of it, and put it under one of the back wheels. I got back in the car, and slammed into reverse before running the phone over. I smiled seeing it sitting in the driveway, smashed to pieces.

I was going to start a new life for Button and I. I was going to make things right, I was going to give Button everything he or she deserved, and no one was going to stand in my way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still working on things, so hopefully I can get a few more chapters written out tonight, so I can update twice a day like I was. Any thoughts on this?