Status: I'll update as much as possible

Tainted Love

--40

Matt and I had been writing each other every day, so I was always excited to check the mail. I knew that every day, I’d get to hear from him. I’d go see him again soon, this time Shane would be driving me there, he had moved in about two weeks ago, and I hadn’t seen much of him. Apparently he had found a girl here, he was around when I needed him, but I knew I couldn’t ask him to stick with me all the time.

Brian was currently here, helping me with a few things in the nursery, the bigger things that Matt didn’t get done before he got taken away. Things were still a little awkward between the guys and me, but the girls were making it better. Right now I could hear Gabriella and Brian bickering upstairs, they were pretty cute about it though, I could hear Brian slowly relenting to his wife, as if he knew he better listen.

“That man is such a pain in the ass!” Gabriella threw her arms up as she walked down the stairs.

“You’re not much better!” She turned her head and glared as Brian’s voice boomed out of the nursery, I just giggled and sat on the couch.

“Aren’t you getting to be big?” I looked down at my stomach and sighed. Soon I’d start gaining a pound a day, and I wasn’t ready for that.

“The worst is yet to come; I really wish that Matt was here to help. I know I’m probably stressing all of you guys out.” Gabriella just shook her head before sitting down next to me.

“Ary, if you don’t mind me asking, what the hell happened that night?” No one had been so direct about this, they had all hinted that they wanted to know, but none had come right out and said it.

“I’m not sure. That was the day that we took Shane to the airport, and Matt’s the jealous type, and he just didn’t want to see me crying over another dude. I think that pissed him off to begin with, and it just built up all day long, and then we were fighting over having to go to dinner with their manager, and next thing I know, I’m huddled in the bathroom with bleeding, and on the phone with the cops.” Gabriella shook her head, and just sighed.

“I didn’t know he was that crazy jealous. I’m sorry Ary; you shouldn’t have had to go through that.” I just shrugged.

“Bad shit happens, we move on with life.” She laughed, and nodded, before looking over at me.

“So, has he always been like this with you?” I shrugged, and looked down at my hands.

“We’ve had a few fights, nothing that bad, one night I did sleep in the guest room though. He stayed outside the door all night, even fell asleep out there.” Gabriella sighed, and shook her head.

“None of us ever saw that side of Matt. Maybe when he was drunk and in bar fights, but that’s it, and even then, he’d usually calm down pretty quick.” I nodded, not really sure what I was supposed to say about that.

“I knew that the guys could get a little crazy. I just never thought Matt would get to be like that, we just had a few fights, I never saw that coming.” She nodded, seeming a little upset.

“You’ve been different lately.” I looked over at her, giving her a sideways glance, she looked sheepish, and blushed a little. “I remember when I first got pregnant; I was exasperated with everyone, emotional, just wanting men to shut the hell up.”

“Don’t tell Brian, I haven’t figured out how to tell him yet. He’s so stressed out about Matt! I just don’t want to throw another thing at him.” I just smiled, shaking my head.

“I think he’d be happy sweetheart. I know I am! Button will have someone to play with!” Gabi smiled and shook her head.

“I know he’ll be happy, but I don’t want this Matt thing weighing on the back of his mind too. I want him to focus on one thing at a time.” I rolled my eyes, and laughed.

“You can’t wait till Matt gets home to tell him, if you tried, you’d go into birth first.” She laughed, nodding.

“I’ll tell him, I just need a perfect moment to do it. I just want him to be truly happy in that moment, so I can spring it on him, and shock the hell out of him!” I started laughing really hard, and just couldn’t stop. Gabi laughed just as hard, and we both sat there on the couch laughing our asses off, which is exactly how Brian found us.

“Women are fucking crazy!” We started giggling harder; I was in tears by the time I had calmed down.

“Yes, we are Brian! Good of you to notice!” He grinned before sitting down on the couch next to Gabi; he put his arm around her and pulled her closer to him, before kissing the side of her head.

“So how’s Matt?” I shrugged and looked at the letter I hadn’t opened yet.

“He’s more of the same, doing good, counting down the days to come home. I’m going to see him in a few days; I’ve got to tell him that I’m not going to be able to come and see him as often, which is going to hurt, quite a bit. I just can’t take the long rides anymore. My doctor’s worried about me, and I’m worried about Button.” Brian nodded, and looked down at my stomach.

“That poor child is never going to have a name; we’re just going to call her Button forever.” I laughed, and shook my head.

“No, she has a name, Matt and I have picked one out for her, we just want it to be a surprise. I hate that he’s going to miss the birth though. Since he’s doing well, he may be able to get a weekend pass though, which means I’d have to have a C-section, or be induced. I’m just not sure what we’re going to do.” Both of them looked a little sad when I said that, but it was the truth. I wanted Matt to be there for the birth, but I just didn’t see a way for it to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry guys. I've been caught up in school, work, physical therapy, my friends from Oregon, and London came to visit me, and I went through some hard personal shit. Hopefully I won't stay missing.