One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Night Sixteen ~ Closets and the Things Inside Them

Patrick drives Pete home that night, and the older one manages to convince the younger to come in for a while. They end up watching dumb movies in bed until the dark haired boy gets tired. He walks into the closet and starts looking for pajamas, and suddenly Patrick is behind him.

"Hi," He says sleepily.

"Hey," Patrick smiles sweetly, reaching out to touch the older one's cheek. "I'm gonna go ahead and go home."

Pete whines and pulls on the blond's shirt.

"Stay a little longer."

Patrick is about to say no and that he has work tomorrow, but Pete presses his lips to the younger one's, hot and insistent. He backs Patrick up against the wall, fingers threading into the blond's hair. Suddenly, they're interrupted by a loud clearing of the throat. The both turn their heads to find Kat glaring at them, arms crossed.

"What are you doing? I thought I told you not to come back here," She hisses.

"I'm kissing your boyfriend. And Pete invited me in," Patrick shoots back.

Kat's gaze lands on Pete.

"You let him in? He's trying to steal you from me! You're not even gay!"

"Well-" Patrick cuts in, but Pete shushes him.

"Uh...It doesn't count if it's in the closet," Pete says quietly.

There's a tense silence for a moment, but Patrick breaks it with his laughter. Kat walks over and slaps the blond across the face.

"Get out," She growls.

Patrick's still giggling, and gives Pete a kiss on the cheek as he walks out. As soon as Patrick's car pulls out of the driveway, Kat starts yelling at Pete. He only partially listens, settling down on the couch to watch some weird TV shows. She ends her rant by slapping him and locking him out of the bedroom. Pete sighs and makes himself comfortable on the couch. He gets a text from Patrick a few minutes later.

"Nice joke :) xoxo"

Pete can't help but smile.