Stay with Me

Dress Up

Harry’s eyes flutter open to the sound of his iPhone quacking, he groans lightly when the light burns into his eyes. When he’s finally pulled himself from under the sheets, he takes another look at his phone, which shows the date he’s been so excited for for days now. December 31st, the last day of the year… or as Harry liked to put it, the perfect day to leave old bollocks behind and start all over if necessary.

He puts his phone to his ear after dialling one of his closest friends, one of the people he’ll be spending his night with. “Morning.” Louis’ voice sounds through the speaker.

“Hey. What time are we meeting up tonight? At Zayn’s?? Who’s coming?” Harry fires off all his questions at once. As he climbs out of his large bed, the cold air hits his naked body. “Wait a minute. Gotta put some clothes on.” He then tells Louis before dropping his phone onto his bed and pulling a pair of boxers and a T-shirt on. “Okay.”

“Just come to my place around five. It’s just us, Perrie and Eleanor.” Louis informs Harry. The curly headed man nods as he runs a hand through his tangled hair. “Wear a tux, mate.”

“Alright. See you later.” Harry tells his friend before putting an end to the phone call and locking his screen. He then throws his iPhone on the bed before he opens his closet in search of something decent to wear tonight.

°°°


A sigh falls from Elizabeth’s lips as she stares at herself in the mirror. Due to her bad habits she took on throughout the year, the dress she wore this exact day last year looks far from good. The fabric that used to cling tightly to her curvy body is now large and shapeless on her skin-over-bone body. “This is terrible…” She mumbles, looking at her reflections with tears in her eyes. Saying she’s disappointed in herself would be the understatement of the year. “I need to find a different dress… one that doesn’t make me look like a bunch of sticks glued together by a fucking toddler.” Elizabeth calls out to Esther before pulling the black dress over her head.

“Ella… I’m sure you look fine…” Esther says as she walks into the room, immediately grasping Elizabeth’s attention that can only stare at her friend with an open mouth.

“You look fantastic…” Elizabeth exclaims, as she looks at her friend from head to toe. Esther is dressed in a nice curve-hugging dress. It has a tight black skirt at the bottom and bronze coloured strapless top, she finished off her outfit with ten centimetre black Louboutin heels.

“Thanks… now let’s find you something.” Esther smiles as she starts pulling clothes out of Elizabeth’s closet. She then pulls out two dresses, Elizabeth’s two favourite ones.

One is a light pink with a flowy skirt and a lace flower print at the top – it’s the type of dress an innocent girl would wear to church on Sunday’s. The other is a bit more New Year’s Eve, it’s a short black dress with once again a flowy skirt. At the top it’s also a lace flower print pattern but this time it has an open back. “The black one.” Elizabeth states, grabbing a hold of her favourite dress.

She carefully pulls the dress over her head, smiling widely at the outcome. “Your legs look so fine in this… I want them.” Esther complains before sliding a pair of black heels in Elizabeth’s direction. She carefully slides her feet into the shoes, balancing herself carefully as she settles in the shoes.

°°°


The girl’s step into the club that is already packed with people dressed in far too nice clothes for their intoxicated state. Some seem to be high on drugs, others on alcohol and a couple of people even on the both of them. “I know tonight will be hard for you… but you can do it!” Esther yells into Elizabeth’s ear in order to get over the loud music.

“Just don’t leave my side…” Elizabeth asks her friend, Esther replies with a bright smile and a nod before pulling her friend over to the bar by her hand. “Not so fast!” Elizabeth cries, trying to squeeze her way through the mass of people.

When Elizabeth finally reaches Esther at the bar, she’s standing there with two glasses filled with champagne. Esther quickly pushes one of the two in Elizabeth’s hand. “Let’s make this the beginning of an epic year!” Esther yells, throwing her hands in the air causing some of the champagne to fly around in the air.

Elizabeth chuckles quickly before taking a big gulp from her drink and stepping closer to the DJ booth. “Where are the others?” Elizabeth asks her friend, who’s already holding a second glass of champagne.

Esther then turns around quickly, standing on the tip of her toes to try and see where her friends are through the sea of people that all seem to be much taller than her. “Oh! There!” She calls out excitedly as she spots her the bottled blonde male she loves so much. Esther balances the two glasses in one hand then quickly grabs Elizabeth’s hand to make sure they don’t lose one another as she makes her way over to Scotty. “Hey Scotty!” Esther yells in the blonde’s ear who then turns around with a wide grin spread across his face.

“Oh! Girls! Let’s drink!” He yells over the music, grabbing one of the two glasses from Esther’s hand. Scotty holds up his glass in Elizabeth’s direction before taking a sip from it. “Oh, this is the good stuff!” He retorts, smiling at the glass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is going to change things up :D

Leave comments... do something? It's nice to feel appreciation for my work.