Boyfriend of My Sister

Chapter 11

“Shut up and take care about her! Don’t dare to hurt her!” Alice commanded and gave Delight to my arms. “Don’t worry, I’m not like you.” I said and turned my back. Now I have to care about my little niece because Pierre went to his parent’s house to Toronto for 3 days. Today is his return’s day. Actually, I had to care about her even the two previous days even when Alice WAS at home. And do you ask why? Drunkenness does wonders. So when Dee was with her ‘perfect’ mommy she cried all the time without cease.

********

*Afternoon*
“Come on, sweetie.” I said while cradling and carrying her to the crib. “You’re as good as gold, honey.” I covered her with a blanket.

After a while she started crying again so I took her up and cradling. I gave her her dummy. “Hushhh, don’t cry Didi.” I sat down on the edge of the bed. I didn’t dare to take her up to my room so I stayed in Pierre’s and Alice’s bedroom.

She’s falling asleep. I heard some rustle from the hall. I realized it was Pie. He came to the bedroom. “Shh, Pie. She’s falling asleep.” I whispered and looked up into his eyes while I was still cradling her. Pierre didn’t say one single word, just looking. After a while he said: “You’re so damn beautiful together.” His eyes filled with tears. “Do not piffle, Pierre.” I said smilingly. I thought he was joking but I was wrong. His facial expression disproved my sentiments. “You’d be a perfect daddy.” “Pierre, stop. It’s…” I didn’t finish the sentence and Pierre sat next to me. “I thought a lot, David.” He sobbed and rested his hand on my thigh. I’m still cradling Delight and she finally went out like a light. “You know, this damned ring around my finger spoiled it all. It’s crazy how so small thing can mean so much.” He took a breath before continuing. “I shouldn’t have got married with her.” He said as if he was reproaching himself what he did. “You can’t go back, Pierre.” “I can. I’m gonna ask for a divorce.” “No! You can’t! You won’t do it, Pie.” I started freaking out. “I will, David. I just realized that… it’s strange but I like more my wife’s brother than her.” He said seriously, looking into my eyes. “Pierre… are you sure you want it?” “Hey I don’t wanna hide my feelings anymore. I don’t love her.” “So why were you-“ “It was only sham, dissimulation. I was hiding behind it. Maybe I was afraid of someone’s suspicion. I have never loved her. Never, Davie.” He admitted and we both looked down before I stood up and laid Dee in the crib.

Pierre took me by my hand. “Come on.” He said and I sat on his legs. “I want it to come out well.” Pierre said, looking into my eyes. Again we are so damn close to each other. I didn’t respond to his sentence instead I’m still looking into his incredible eyes. Then I spoke: “I’m so in love with you. It’s insane.” I said seriously. “What?” Pierre was obviously confused. “You’re the most incredible boy I’ve ever known. You’re gorgeous and smart, and you make me laugh like no one else can. After all I know I don’t deserve you, but what I’m trying to say is that I love you, Pierre. Very much.” I said and burst into tears. “Davie,” he pulled me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, crying. “You’re my treasure, you know it? Sweetie, don’t cry,” “Pierre, why do you do that?” I asked and pulled away, looking into his eyes. “Why are you calling me your treasure and sweetie? Pie, it hurts. It’s breaking my heart because I know you’re not serio-“ He interrupted me with kiss. “Pierre, I just-“ Again. I smiled weakly at him. “Don’t say anything and kiss me, yeah?” He said smilingly and pouted. I did.

We both are lying in the bed really close to each other. “Are you sure that divorce is the best solution?” I asked again to make sure. “Yes. I don’t love her so what else can I do? Should I torment myself because of her? I don’t want it anymore. Maybe she will get drunk again, who knows. But my plan is to take Delight, take you and get away.” He said. Then he continued. “By the way, my daughter’s name is by me. So that’s why her name starts with ‘D’.” “Pierre.” I buried my face to his chest. He’s fondling through my hair. It’s so beautiful feeling that he named his daughter with ‘D’ because of me.

“Now the only problem is how to say it to them. You will have to say it to mum.” Pierre said and snuggled up to me. “I will. But I know her response already now – ‘get out of the house and don’t dare to come back, you sinner’. She just thinks that homosexuality is a sin or illness, I don’t know why.” “Honey, don’t care about it, okay? We will admit our love and will have clear conscience, yes? Her opinion is just a word.” “Pierre, do you remember what you said to me? Even a word can hurt.” I said and looked into his eyes. “But if you have a person standing by you, there’s no need to mind.” He said seriously. Then we both smiled heartily and kissed each other.