Boyfriend of My Sister

Chapter 5

Now it’s 4th month of Pierre’s being with us. Still a week is left in the wedding. I’m pretty nervous, I don’t know why. Maybe because I’m still not decided if I want to be Pierre’s best man.

It’s almost 8 p.m. and I’m crying. I don’t know why. It all is starting to weigh down on me. School problems, solving of Jack’s and my problems in family, just, it’s so different in my head now. I’m lying on my bed with face buried in the pillow. It’s soaked with tears. “Can I come in?” I heard Pierre’s voice behind the door after knocking. I didn’t want him to see me crying. I didn’t respond – but Pierre came in. I covered my face even more him to not see my tearful eyes. Unfortunately, I did it too late. He glimpsed it. He’s sitting on the bed in the plane of my legs. He rested his hand on my back. “David, what’s happening? We can talk it out, if you want.” Pierre offered. I sat up and leaned on the wall. “I don’t know if it’s a good idea to talk about it. I don't want to bother you with it.” I said, sobbing. “Come on. I’m here for you. I’ll try to help you if I’ll be able to.” He said while wiping my tear-stained cheeks. “Just it started to weigh down on me. All. Problems in school, problems in family and to make matters worse your wedding is coming just, it’s so hard now.” I said, looking down. “What is hard? David, talk to me.”

After much persuasion we talked it over. I told him about my sister having so many boons in her life. I told him about me being bullied and injured by my school mates’ insults because of my homosexual orientation. He cheered me up again and made me feel much better.

“So you know you can come any time and we can talk about your problems, okay?” He said and patted my shoulder before I nodded shortly. There was a silence. After a long while I noticed Pierre’s staring at me. “What’s going on?” I asked and looked at him. “Oh, nothing.” He said after he woke up of his dreaming. “I thought.” He explained his mental absence. I smiled weakly and looked back down. “David?” “Um?” I mumbled and looked up again. “I like you.” He said. This sentence absolutely made my day. I smiled heartily. “I like you, too.” I answered. After a while I gave a look at my hand. I saw Pierre’s hand coming at my one lightly. I swallowed thickly. “Pierre?” I said and he gave a look from our hands into my eyes. I looked at him as though my eyes were saying something like ‘what are you doing?’. He didn’t respond. I’m pretty confused. I set eyes on Pierre’s approaching face to me at a slow pace. It made me nervous. I felt his hot breath on my face. I tensed when he pressed his lips against mine. I had mixed feelings. On the one hand I was really glad and on the other hand, I didn’t want him to do it because of my sister. But, he didn’t stop kissing me. I got into it. He rested his hand on my cheek while gentle and sweet kissing. I liked it. “No, no, no, Pierre, stop. We can’t.” I said and pushed him away lightly. “Why?” He asked confused. “Pierre, don't be a fool. It’s stupid to kiss brother of your future wife. Stop it.” I said, not looking into his eyes. I didn’t want to interrupt the feeling but simultaneously I didn’t want to hurt Alice. Pierre was looking at me confused for a while before he got a grip. “I’m…am sorry, David.” He said and got up. My eyes filled with tears again. Pierre’s going to the door. He turned back again after he opened the bedroom’s door. “I don’t regret what I did.” He said with blank expression on his face before leaving. As the door was shut I burst into tears.

********

I decided to brook being a best man of Pierre. It was hard decision but I made it.

Alice and mum are talking in the kitchen while I’m making my breakfast. “But Pierre didn’t tell me yet who’s gonna be his witness.” Alice said and I tensed. I turned around and took a last sip of coffee. “Um, Ally. I’m gonna be his best man.” I said and ate the last bite of the pie up before smiling. “WHAT?! Are you kidding me?” She screamed and stood up. “Hey, hey, keep it cool, sis.” I tried to calm her down but unsuccessfully. She came nearer to me. “Oh my god! I don’t want you to be Pierre’s witness, do you understand? Damn!” She said and went to her room before slamming the door. I was confused and looked at mum without one single movement. “Mum?” “David, David.” “Mammy, it’s not my fault. Pierre just came and asked me for being his best man, so what?” She just shook his head before leaving the kitchen. I sighed.

The whole day I didn’t see Pierre. Actually, yeah! I saw him at breakfast. He told me ‘good morning’ and no another word. He didn’t even look into my eyes. I think it all happens because of yesterday’s evening. So why did he kiss me when now he’s behave like that? Truly, I don’t understand it. But on the other hand I feel sorry for what happened.

“I gotta go.” Pierre said when I told him I wanted to talk to him. ”Pierre, wait.” I said and took him by his arm. “What?” He said and looked into my eyes before continuing. “If you want to talk about yesterday so… just forget it. It was stupid, I take note of it. It was our first and last kissing, okay? Just, that’s it.” He said it pretty nervously and I looked down. “Okay, I understand.” I tried to smile to cover my disappointment. “Okay, but I want you as my witness. Nothing has changed about it.” He said and walked away.

Maybe I was supposed to expect it but I’m really disappointed.