Only of You

Chapter 8

"What the fuck?" The blonde bassist yelled as he roamed around the room they were all staying in. He picked up his t-shirt, giving it a little shake and frowned. "Why is there fucking sand everywhere?"

Billie Joe grabbed his pillow, covered his face and groaned.
"Mike shut the fuck up, suffering from a major hangover here, man!"

Charlie stirred awake and rubbed her tired eyes, her gaze looking over at Billie Joe, she'd seen him talking to a girl last night, a pretty dark haired girl with dreadlocks. Looking at his hand briefly, she noticed a number scribbled down on it with the name 'Adie' written underneath. There wasn't much she could do about it, or even say, it wasn't like he was her boyfriend, they just had sex occasionally and she made it clear to him she didn't want a boyfriend as well. A lump formed in her throat as she put her head down solemnly, letting out a sigh as she stood up to go to the bathroom. Mike watched her as she got up, her facial expression looking a little down in the dumps.

"You OK Charlie?

"Yeah, just a little hungover," She muttered, giving him a small smile. The truth was she wasn't hungover, she'd barely had anything to drink, she was feeling hurt. But she couldn't blame Billie for moving on, why should he have to wait for her?
A topless Billie Joe forced himself out of bed as he saw Charlie walk out of the room looking upset, he knew something was wrong so he quickly followed behind her, putting his hand onto her shoulder, making her turn around to face him, her gaze looked at the number on his hand once more. His green eyes followed hers, noticing the number on his hand, that he'd completely forgotten about. He gently squeezed her shoulder and smiled.

"It's just a fan wanting a vinyl," He explained looking into her eyes with sincerity. "I told her to give me her number so I could tell her when they're out,"

Charlie smiled, a look of relief in her eyes as he told her this information, not only was she relieved but she felt pretty stupid for getting jealous, she was never the jealous type. Billie Joe wrapped his arms around her shoulders to give her a comforting hug, he pulled back to kiss her cheek and chuckled.

"I'd be a bit of an ass if I decided to start chasing some chick on the same day we not only made up, but fucked,"

Giggling, she tucked her black hair behind her ear and nodded as she hugged his waist, holding onto his soft skin as she rested her head onto his chest. Billie kissed her forehead before resting his chin onto her dark hair, he closed his eyes, letting out a contented sigh. Mike strutted into the bathroom, raising his eyebrows as he saw Billie and Charlie cuddled up.

"So are you two a couple or what?" The blonde Mike asked slightly confused, he was never sure what the hell was going on with his two friends, they were up and down all the time.

Charlie pulled away from Billie Joe's embrace to look at Mike and shook her head.

"Not quite yet,"

Billie met Mike's confused stare, an awkward expression on his face, not quite sure what to say, he just shrugged his shoulders. Mike continued to stare at his best friend, as if to say 'we'll talk later', he didn't think it was fair at all for Charlie to mess with Billie Joe's feelings, he then just sighed.

"Anyway, just so you guys know, we've got one more gig here tonight, a place called 'Argons' then we're going to North Dakota,"

Billie raised his eyebrows, surprised. "Oh we're here one more night, cool,"

Charlie smiled up at the two of them cheekily, giving them the 'thumbs up' sign.

"Right you guys, get out, I actually wanted to use the bathroom,"

-
As Charlie showered and got ready in the bathroom, Billie Joe decided to give the dreadlocked young woman called Adrienne a quick call, to let her know about the gig tonight, she seemed to really like the band so he wanted to let her know about the show so she could come. He thought it was best to call her now whilst Charlie was in the bathroom, otherwise her feelings might be hurt again.
Billie Joe sat down on the nearest chair and put his cell-phone to his ear, waiting for Adrienne to answer the phone. He drummed his figures on the chair arm, wishing for her to answer quickly so that Charlie wouldn't catch him calling her.

"Hello?" Came the voice of a sweet young woman.

Sitting up, he smiled at her soft voice. "Hey Adrienne, it's Billie Joe,"

"Oh Hey, what's up?

"I just wanted to let you know that Green Day are playing at 'Argons' tonight,"

"That's awesome, I'll be there,"

"That's great, I'll see you there," Billie smiled running his free hand through his messy black hair, green eyes bright.