He Haunts Me

Halloween

“Where are you going?” Jasper asked. It was only a two weeks since I saw Jasper’s murder. Today was Halloween.

“Out.” I answered simply while I grabbed my keys off the table beside the door.

“Yeah but where?” Jasper pressed from his spot on the couch. Jasper only did three things. Watch TV, read, and annoy the hell out of me.

“What’s it to you?” I asked. Jasper was like a controlling father when it came to me leaving the house. He always wanted to know where I was going and who I was going to be with.

“The least you can do is tell me, since you didn’t help me after all.” he replied. Jasper never let it go that I felt guilty about watching his death. He always brought it up, and it annoyed me to a large degree. I still felt so guilty so of course it worked to his advantage.

“I’m going to Nick’s show with Violet. After that, we’re going to a party.” I stated before heading out the door.

“I’m ready to get my drank on!” Violet yelled as she and I stepped into some kid named Johnny’s basement. The whole basement smelled like alcohol and was filled with smoke. Violet was a drinker. I, on the other hand, stayed away from alcohol. I wasn’t nearly as excited about the party as she was. I watched Violet disappear into the mass of people occupying the dingy basement. I perched myself on a crappy sofa and prepared myself to wait for Violet to finish partying so I could drive her home.

I was surprised when Nick took a seat next to me only ten minutes later. “Hey!” Nick yelled over the loud music. “Hey!” I replied. I was expecting him to be piss faced by now, he was sober oddly enough. “Shouldn’t you be off partying?” I asked curious as to why he wasn’t doing exactly that.

“Nah. I am the designated driver tonight.” Nick made a face that suggested he wasn’t happy about that.

“Ah. I understand now. Must suck.” I laughed.

“Eh. Not really. I get to hang with you all night.” I grinned at his statement. I would be lying if I said I didn’t have a huge crush on Nick.

“I suck at Guitar Hero.” I frowned a two hours later as I leaning comfortably against the sofa.

“Same!” Nick shouted. That’s how I got chosen to be the Designated Driver tonight.

“That’s funny. We both play the guitar. Yet we suck at Guitar Hero.” I laughed.

“Well I never actually heard you play, for all I know you could suck at guitar too.” Nick smirked.

“I do not suck!” I hit Nick’s arm.

“But how do I know that?” Nick continued to smirk.

“Let me borrow your guitar and I’ll show you.”

Nick and I left the basement and walked to the band’s crappy white van. It was parked right in front of the house. Nick handed me a black acoustic guitar. “Now show me that you don’t suck.” I laughed and sat down on the side walk.

“I may not be as good as you but I don’t suck.” Nick smirked and sat across from me on the sidewalk. God, how I wanted him to kiss me.

“Okay, what are you going to play?” he asked with his big blue eyes shining and his adorable smirk hanging crooked on his lips.

“Letters to You by Finch.” I smiled and started to play. I couldn’t look at Nick while I played. He kept making weird faces in order to distract me so I would suck, he was such a cheater!

“Wow. You really do suck.” Nick said once I was done.

“Hey!” I yelled in my defense.

“Just kidding. You’re really good.” Nick said in all seriousness.

“Thank you.” I smiled. We sat in a comfortable silence for a minute.

“So,” Nick says. “So,” I say back. “Did you have a good time at the show?”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.” I smile. Nick smiles too. Before I know what’s happening Nick leans forward. He brushes his fingers across my cheek, leans down, and kisses me. Oh my God! He kissed me! At that moment I feel all warm and fuzzy and my heart feels like it’s soaring.

“Hey, Lovebirds!” Violet yelled drunkenly. Nick and I jump away from each other. “Sorry, but I need to be home in twenty minutes.” she points out. Obviously not too drunk. I hand Nick his guitar and rise to my feet. Nick stands up quickly after.

“Can I call you later?” Nick asked me. I nod yes and walk off to my car with Violet singing the whole way. I let out a happy sigh.

Did I ever mention I love Halloween?
♠ ♠ ♠
I might actually post another chapter today.
Because I really like the next chapter.
=D