He Haunts Me

Katherine

Thanksgiving came and went, I got a visit from my sister Charlotte and her eccentric fiancé, Nate. He kept going on about feeling negative energy in the house. My guess it was either Jasper who tormented the guy during his two day visit or mom, who really doesn’t like the guy.

“I hate snow.” I mumbled as small snowflakes where falling outside.

“Why?” Nick asked, he was sitting Indian style next to me finishing his homework.

“I don’t know. It’s depressing.”

“Yeah, but it’s an excuse to drink hot chocolate.” Violet mused from the sofa.

“Is that a hint?” I joked laying flat on my stomach facing the TV. I could see Jasper sitting on the stairs watching us.

“Yes. Now go!” Violet yelled sternly then started to laugh.

“Yessir!” I saluted Violet then made my way into the kitchen. I filled three mugs with water and place them in the microwave. I watched the three mugs move in a circle, it was hypnotizing. I waited for it. I knew it was coming.

“Katherine!” Jasper smiled brilliantly. It was the kind of smile that you don’t think exists. The kind that makes you forget what you’re doing. The type of smile I would have never guessed could belong to Jasper. I quickly regained myself and looked at my surroundings. Jasper stood in a large field, he was wearing a white tunic that was large on him with brown pants that came to the middle of his calf. Then I spotted her. Katherine. She was beautiful.

She had big bright blue eyes, her blonde hair fell into elegant curls around her face. She had the perfect heart shaped lips and rosy cheeks. She was wearing a flowing white dress as she ran toward Jasper. “Jasper!” her voice sounded like silk, she smiled brightly at him.

“You look lovely.” Jasper said. His eyes shone with admiration, the way he looked at her made me jealous. “As always.” I want Nick to look at me that. They were obviously in love. Man, if I thought Jasper looked good in moonlight, he looked amazing in sunlight. No. No. He didn’t, because he’s Jasper.

“Thank you.” Katherine beamed.

“Katherine, I need to tell you something.” Jasper spoke softly.

“Oh! I need to tell you something too!”

“Go ahead.” Jasper said being a gentleman. Shocker of the year.

“I’m engaged to be married!” Katherine smiled widely. Jasper’s expression turned into one that resembled a little kid who dropped his ice cream cone. So they weren’t in love?

“You’re only seventeen, Kat.” Jasper said desperately.

“Isn’t it wonderful? He’s a lawyer!” Katherine gushed with a dreamy smile on her face.

“No, it isn’t wonderful.” Jasper stated gloomily.

“Why not?” she placed her hands on her hips and gave Jasper a stern look.

“I love you.” the words rushed out of Jasper’s mouth. Katherine’s face softened. “I love you, I have for quite some time.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked moving closer to Jasper.

“I was afraid that you wouldn’t return my feelings.” Jasper said and swiftly leaned down and kissed her slowly and passionately. They were both lost in the kiss for a minute before Katherine pushed at his shoulders.

“I can’t do this, Jasper. I’m engaged. I am to get married in two weeks.”

“We can run away.” Jasper pulled her toward him.

Katherine shook her head no and ran off with out a word.

The beeping of the microwave made me jump. I had a new understanding of Jasper. I would be bitter if that happened to me too. I mixed the mix into the hot water and carefully carried two of them into the living room. “Thanks.” Nick and Violet said in unison. I nodded and went back into the kitchen. I went back to the kitchen for my own hot chocolate, Jasper was sitting on the table and scared the hell out of me. I jumped and sent him a what started off as a nasty look but turned into a sympathetic look, Jasper was so miserable looking.

“What?” Jasper snapped at me. I shook my head and head to the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Seven chapters today.
Does that make up for my streak of unactivity?
I hope so.