Status: active

Through Pain of Heart or Loss of Mind

2

We took the next exit, immediately seeing the sign for the hotel. It was a bit rundown looking but anything was better than sleeping in the van. I pulled into the somewhat full parking lot and noticed the sign that said ‘no vacancy’ was broken, only having a few letters lit up, making it impossible to tell if the ‘no’ was lit up or not.

"I'll go in and see if they'll give us a room." I said to Amanda once I cut the engine off.

"Kay.. I'll wait here and try not to pass out." She replied leaning her head against the window.

I got out the van and walked towards the entrance of the hotel. Walking in the door I noticed a group of guys, all with black hair and dressed in black, were standing off to the side while one, who looked the same as them, was talking to the middle-aged lady behind the counter. The guys looked familiar… they probably were just some rock star wannabes.

“You gentlemen have a nice night and if you need absolutely anything just give me a call, I‘ll be here all night.” She said to the man, obviously flirting with him, and handing him a couple of room keys.

“Thanks,” the tanned black-haired man replied, turning to go back over to his friends. not before raking his eyes all over me with a smirk. I scoffed and walked up to the counter.

“No more rooms till morning. I just gave the last we have to those gentlemen.” The lady told me, not even looking up from the gossip magazine she was reading. By witnessing the way she talked to the guy before me you’d think she gives the best customer service in the world. But then again, I’m not a womanizing man.

“Great,” I replied sarcastically. I went to walk out, to break the bad news to Amanda, when one of the guys stopped me.

“Hey, I overheard her saying there’s no more rooms. If you’d like I can room with one of these guys and you can have my room.” The tall man with piercing blue eyes said to me.

“No no, It’s fine. I cant put you out of your room!”

“It’s no big deal. I insist.” he said reaching his arm out trying to hand me his room key.

I sighed, taking the key from him, “How much do I owe you?”

“Don’t worry about it, it’s on me.”

“Wow, well thanks…”

“Andy” the tall man said.

“Thanks Andy, you have no idea how much my friend and I appreciate this.” I replied walking out of the hotel office.

I opened the drivers side door of the van to see a half-asleep Amanda.

“Wake your butt up woman! You’ll never believe what happened!”

“huh? What?” Amanda replied sleepily.

“Well, they were out of rooms because this group of guys just took the last ones they had and when I went to walk out one of the guys stopped me and said we can have his room free of charge!”

“That’s awesome! Lets get our stuff and go to bed!” She said getting out the van and heading towards the trunk to get our stuff.

I followed behind her as we hauled everything we needed to the room. As soon as we walked in I dropped all of my things and plopped on the bed and within a few seconds I was out like a light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2!
I'm so excited to be writing this again with Amanda!
Hope ya'll are enjoying it so far :)
Comment/Subscribe/Recommend please!
-Taylor