Status: active

Through Pain of Heart or Loss of Mind

6

Amanda was engulfed in a conversation with CC as I sat at the table feeling awkward and swarmed by the memories that the music of these guys sitting with us brought back to me. The rest of the guys talked amongst themselves as I sat staring into my coffee cup swirling a spoon around in the hot brown liquid. I felt a pair of eyes on me and looked up to see Ashley staring.

“What’s going on with you?” He asked seeming concerned.

“Nothing.” I replied shortly.

Ashley sighed, “You sure were running that pretty little mouth of yours earlier and now you won’t even utter a word.”

Not in the mood for his forwardness I rolled my eyes and stood up from the table letting Amanda know that I was heading to our room to pack up my stuff. I made my way to the elevators and pressed the up button. While I was waiting for the metal doors to open I heard someone running down the hall, I look to my left and it was Andy.

“Need helping packing?”

“Not really” I replied just as the doors opened; I stepped in pressing the button for my floor.

Before the doors closed Andy hopped on, “What’s up? You’ve been acting totally different ever since you found out who we were.”

“Nothing’s up, I’m just ready to get back on the road is all.” I replied, wishing the elevator would hurry up to my floor so I could get away from Andy and his questions.

“You’re not very convincing. Even Ash questioned you; something MUST be up for him to be concerned.” He retorted stepping off the elevator with me. I quickly walked towards mine and Amanda’s room, Andy right on my heels. “Come on Taylor, you can tell me.”

“Why does it even matter?” I asked, turning around quickly looking up at him, “You don’t even know me, we just met less than twenty-four hours ago!”

“Because I hate seeing someone upset, which you obviously are, especially when it has something to do with me. So, will you please just tell me what it is about us that makes you so pissed off? Please?”

I let out a loud sigh, “Fine, I’ll...summarize it for you while I pack,” I told him opening the room door. Andy followed me in and made himself comfy on Amanda’s bed as I placed my suit case on mine beginning to place things in it.

“Sooooo….” His deep voice drawled out.

“I was in a horrible relationship, I mean absolutely horrible, and he basically worshiped the ground you guys walked on. Ya’ll were pretty much all he listened to… and finding out who ya’ll were brought back some really bad memories for me… of the things he did to me.” I explained with me back towards him, staring down into my suitcase.

“Things he did to you? Taylor… did he ever put his hands on you?” Andy asked as he got up off the bed and walked over towards me.

“No!.. God no… You could say he emotionally abused me. The things he said to me were so terrible…. And… and every time we got into an argument he would blast ya’lls songs all night.” I answered him, tears now flowing down my cheeks.

Andy grabbed my shoulders turning me around and pulling me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me, “I’m so sorry,” He pushed me away, placing his hands on my shoulders and looking me in the eye,

“Without having what he did to you in mind, did you actually like the songs?”

“I...yeah I guess I did.”

“Okay, and from what you know of us in this short time have you like us as people?”

“yeah” I replied looking down at the floor.

“Alright then, don’t let memories of what that asshole did to you ruin what could be an awesome friendship with five awesome guys… well four, I won’t blame you if you continue to dislike Ash.” Andy said, chuckling at the last part, “I’m not asking you to listen to our music, I understand if that’s too painful right now. Just don’t hate us. Now, how about we go back downstairs to the rest of the gang?”

“Alright... let me just fix my face.” I replied walking in the bathroom. I wiped my face with some tissue removing the makeup that had run. I looked at myself and took a deep breath before walking back out. I was not going to let that asshole continue to ruin my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who's subscribed! It would be really nice if we heard from ya'll :)
-Taylor