Haters Gonna Hate, a Hater's Worst Nightmare

Shadows

(First victim, Michael)

Michael pulled out his phone and used it to provide light. He saw nothing but empty streets and locked buildings. “Hello, anyone here?” Michael called out but there was no response. Michael proceeded to wonder around and call out for some one.

There was no sound but the sound of his stomach grumbling, he haven’t eaten since lunch time. Even if he did have lunch, he didn’t eat much do to fear of weight gain. In secondary school, he once was a chubby little boy and he used to get picked for it by other kids. Throughout middle school, things have gotten worse for him. It wasn’t until after eight grade when he decided that enough is enough so he decided to go to fat camp and lost a lot of weight, making him looking slimming for when he started his freshman year.

Even during high school, he never has gone back to eating any fast food or sweets. He stuck with getting his vitamins and proteins and worked out every day. There was not a day has he ever eaten candy, cake, or any other junk food.

Michael felt as if he’s been followed. He turned back but found no one there. Little did he know, there was a shadow following him. It wasn’t his shadow. It was a different form of shadow, and it was a different form and bigger but it wasn’t his. The shadow appeared to come from nowhere.

“Is someone there?” Michael looked back again as he heard a sinister laugh. “Marvin? Is that you? Well it isn’t funny.” Michael cried. “Justin? Christian? Andrew? Maru? Guys?”

Fear crept up into his skin as there was no response. He started to hear the laugh again and whispers by his ear. His heart started raising beats in panic and started running towards the nearest building he could find.

He opened a door wide open from an old building. Dozens and dozens of bats has flown out of the building. Michael’s eyes grown wide as he cried out in fear, the horror he’s seen on the bats. Those weren’t ordinary bats, these bats were skulls with bat wings.

Michael quickly ran as he was being chase by death bats. The same sinister laugh crept up again. He quickly ran into a restaurant and quickly shut the doors behind him. He breathed heavily, and little did he know, the shadow that was following earlier, has attached close to him to mark him as his victim.

The eighteen year old looked up ahead and found a muscular man wearing aviators, a hat, all black with a Black Sabbath muscle shirt which revealed his large inked arms. “Thank god I found someone. Excuse me sure, can you help me?” Michael stepped forward to the man standing in behind the register.

The man didn’t respond, he stared at Michael’s extra shadow that matches his own. The shadow that was following Michael belonged to the man standing behind the cash register.

“Hello? Sir?” Michael asked again.

The strange man looked up at Michael straight into his shit colored brown eyes and headed into the kitchen of the fast food restaurant and came back with a tray full of tacos, setting them down on an empty table. “Eat.” The man finally spoke.

“What? No Sir, I’m not hungry. I’m lost… I can’t find my friends who by the way need to know where we could find gas. I’ve been chased by a dozen skulls with bat wings and there’s just some weird stuff going around. Will you help us?”

The man looked down at his shadow, before taking a seat and started eating a taco. “Eat.” He replied again.

“Eat it. Eat it. Eat it.” Dark whispers appeared by the Michael’s ear that matched the man’s voice.

Michael gasped as on what he heard. The whispers matched the strange man’s voice but he did not move his lips. It was only then the man suspected something was wrong. Michael sprinted his way out the building and ran as far as he could.

The strange man appeared in front of him in a split second. His lips formed an evil grin along with his dimples. Michael gasped and ran another direction but the strange man appeared right in front of him again only this time, he held a microphone with his name written in white. M. Shadows. The wind whispered the man’s name.

Without a second to react, Michael has been hit by the man’s microphone, knowing him out cold. Bright red blood streamed out the side of Michael’s head. He was still breathing but it was still a matter of time for when Michael’s dead and not from wound on his head, but because of M. Shadow’s shadow that was draining Michael’s life away.

M. Shadows let out a sinister laugh as he saw his shadow, eating Michael’s flesh. It was a matter of time when Michael’s corpse was no more but a clean skeleton. M. Shadow’s shadow returned to its rightful owner as the deed was done, Michael is no more.