Status: Work In Progress

All Downhill From Here

"How soon can you be here?"

I sighed and shook my head at him, “Don’t start, Jesse.” He shook his head back at me and shrugged, “I was just askin’, kid. Like I said, I don’t mean to poke or prod at anything.” He stared at me before taking a few steps closer to me, “I was just kind of worried.” I didn’t know that he was worried and I had no idea why he had to be. I chewed on my bottom lip and looking around the room before turning my glance back to him. “What’s going on?” he asked me, frowning and setting his can of soda on the counter. I didn’t respond. He set his finger under my chin and lifted my head so I looked him straight in the eye. “What do you do out there?” he questioned.
“Just stuff,” I mumbled. “You don’t get that kind of money by just doing ‘stuff’, Carson,” he mentioned and I shook my head. “Carson, you don’t have to tell me and that’s fine... I was just curious, but you know that you can come to me if you ever need anything, right?” he mentioned, nodding, “Whatever it is. I’ve got money and you know I’m willing to give you whatever.” “You have given me so much already and I’m forever grateful... I just didn’t want to over do it and take advantage of you,” I mentioned, embracing him in a tight hug.
“Yo, you could never take advantage of me. I wouldn’t offer or give anything to you if I didn’t want you to have it,” he told me, kissing the top of my head and hugging me back, “I want to help in whatever way that I can and you know that.” I sighed and pulled away from him, looking at his face, “I’m sorry.” He chuckled and shook his head, “Don’t be sorry.” I nodded and looked down for a moment. I told him that I was going to go hang out in my room for a little bit and he hugged me again. I walked up the stairs and walked into my room, closing the door behind me. I grabbed my ipod and headphones and laid on my bed, putting the music through the ear buds and putting them into.

The Next Day


I opened my eyes and froze, looking around the room I was in. I didn’t recognize the room I was in and sat up in a panic. After a few minutes of sitting there, freaking out, I realized that I was in my bedroom in Jesse’s house. I looked down noticing I was under my covers but still in the clothes I had on before. I looked over at my alarm clock and it told me that it was seven thirty in the morning and I sighed, rubbing my fingertips against my forehead and closing my eyes. I was getting rather sick of waking up and being scared of where I was. I had been here for long enough that I shouldn’t be getting freaked out.
I groaned and threw the covers off of me and walked out of my room and down the stairs, entering the kitchen. I grabbed the bread down from out of the cabinet and popped two slices into the toaster, putting it down. I walked around the room and waited for the bread to cook thinking about what I was going to do today, but quickly started smelling as if something was burning. I raced over to the toaster and popped it up, revealing that I had burn my toast to black crisp. The entire toast was black.
I groaned and frowned, grabbing the toast from the toaster and quickly tossed it into the trashing, burning my finger tips in the process. I sighed and frowned, grabbing more slices of bread out and popping them into the toaster. I leaned over and watched it toast, hoping that it wouldn’t burn on me this time. I watched it and watched it until I finally figured that it was good enough and popped it up, pulling it out and setting it on the counter. I grabbed the butter out of the fridge and began buttering my toast, grumbling in the process. I spun around and began walking out when all of a sudden Jesse raced down the stairs and stopped in front of the kitchen doorway, spooking me. The only piece of clothing the he was wearing was a pair of red and white checkered boxers. He looked horribly worried as he looked all around the kitchen and then at me
“What’s burning?” he barked before looking down at my plate that had my toast on it. He chuckled and grinned, chuckling, “Oh, now I see. You tried to cook.” I made the ultimate sad face and looked down at my plate and then back to him, “You’re mean, Jesse.” “Aww,” he chuckled and wrapped his arms around my neck, pulling me into a hug, in which I did not return. I grumbled and rolled my eyes, attempting to pull away from him and sighed, “Shut up. I put toast down for five seconds and it burned on me. Asshole toaster.”
Jesse laughed and looked at my toast, chuckling. “Do you want me to make you something? You know that I can cook,” he said, grinning. “No, I want you to go put pants on,” I mumbled, putting my plate on the counter, “And don’t rub it in my face that you can cook and I can’t.” He laughed and wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling me back in a hug. I hugged him back and looked over his shoulder just as Andrea walked around the corner into the kitchen. I furrowed my brows at her and she smiled at me before looking around the kitchen. What the fuck is she doing here? I thought bitterly, slightly glaring at her. I noticed she only had a robe on. I quickly broke out of Jesse hug and back away from the both of them.
“What’s on fire?” she questioned, walking up behind Jesse and wrapping her arms around his waist. She planted a kiss on his shoulder and smiled. “Carson’s cooking,” Jesse teased, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed one of the sliced of toast, taking a large bite out of it, “Ha....Ha.” They both laughed at me and then embraced each other in a quick hug. I quickly ate my slice of toast as the two of them talked. I hate her I thought, shaking my head as Jesse said something that made Andrea laugh. I rolled my eyes and set my plate in the sink before facing the both of them and sighing.
“Well, this has been fun and all, but I’m gonna go get dressed so I can leave,” I mentioned, shrugging my shoulders. “Going to work?” Andrea questioned. I raised a brow and slightly shrugged, “I guess... Sure.” Jesse gave me a weird look and pursed his lips. I knew he wanted to ask a question, but decided against it. “Where do you work?” she smiled. “Around... Places... With people,” I mumbled, receiving an odd looking from the both of them as I walking past them. I walked up the stairs and went into my room, changing my clothes and throwing the old ones into my dirty laundry hamper.
I grabbed my phone and keys off the ground and slid a pair of shoes on before walking down the stairs. I stopped walking when I heard Andrea and Jesse talking in the kitchen still. I peeked around and waved at Jesse, “See ya, homie.” He looked at me and quickly stopped talking, “See ya, Carson.” I nodded and stood there for a moment before turning and walked to and out the front door. I closed it and locked it before walking to my car that was parked on the street. I climbed in and started the car up.
I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket as it began to vibrate and looked at the caller I.D. It was a blocked number. “Hello?” I answered, pressing the phone to my ear. “Are you up for doing it today?” I heard a voice over the speaker question me. I paused for a minute before nodding to myself, “Yeah.” “How soon can you be here?” he asked me, curiously. “I can be there in ten,” I replied with a smirk, hanging up the phone and pulling the car away from the curb in front of Jesse’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!